Closed Rides

Ash

On busy days, Fastrack can make an EXTREME difference to the normal queueline... Like, making it longer by at least 30 minutes depending on what ride we're talking about (also the batcher makes a big difference depending on how preferential they are to the Fastrackers)...

Saying that people who would be in the queues for closed rides would be spending money elsewhere is potentially true, but, do you really want shut rides causing this? Angry or annoyed guests are less likely to spend money just because they are having a bad day... Especially if they've paid a fair amount to enter in the first place... It's simple business really, happy guests tend to spend money, angry guests bugger off...

Having 6/7 rides closed (as an example) will annoy guests and there could well be a knock-on effect, as a bad day will not make people want to go again (unless they are masochistic enthusiasts), and as they will talk to friends and family about having a bad day, those who may have been planning a trip may not bother...

The other day Thorpe knew how bad it had messed up because it gave out complimentary tickets... But will everyone who got one bother to return? We don't know, but I doubt anyone who ended up having to queue 90 minutes for Saw, Colossus, Inferno, Stealth or Swarm had a good enough day...

The park SHOULD have all rides open as much as they possibly can, with two trains minimum from the off unless there is something seriously wrong... The operation of putting a second train on later is quite frankly stupid and has been the whole time it's been in practice, it doesn't save money, and judging by the amount of people who left the Inferno queue, does just annoy people who will stew over it all...

The other day Thorpe knew how bad it had messed up because it gave out complimentary tickets... But will everyone who got one bother to return? We don't know, but I doubt anyone who ended up having to queue 90 minutes for Saw, Colossus, Inferno, Stealth or Swarm had a good enough day...

What happened the other day. By that do you mean yesterday? I know it is in the wrong topic but was an event on yesterday, as when I was leaving the park 2 police cars were on their way in what happened?

What happened the other day. By that do you mean yesterday? I know it is in the wrong topic but was an event on yesterday, as when I was leaving the park 2 police cars were on their way in what happened?

I meant Monday...

Police cars entering the park probably means that some stuff went down and the Police were needed as backup...

If they got police in, it must of been something serious, have you any idea how expensive it is to get police to help in a private event/ establishment?

I know that football stadiums need to pay nearly £1000 per police officer to get them inside the stadium, and that price increases for other places.

^ In an unforeseeable emergency situation it would be entirely free. If it kept happening police may look at imposing conditions on their operating licence such as alcohol restrictions and security staff, but Thorpe are actually pretty hot on this stuff now and trouble is fairly rare. The cost would be zero.

Planned special events where large scale disorder is relatively likely are different, and the private company would have to pay towards those costs for a dedicate policing team. It wouldn't surprise me if a paid for police presence was needed for the evening club events they are running at the mo? Someone who's been might be able to confirm if this is the case as they would be high vis officers in an attempt to prevent trouble.

Glad Mondays severe downtime issues appear to have been a one off.

Just for the closed rides are cheaper effect - if they're broken, it's not cheaper. Need replacement parts, still have the same amount of staffing on, and you're paying in compensation to guests who's days have been affected.

People who don't enjoy their day are far less likely to return, that'll definitely affect them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Surprises me Samurai is still on the ticker and not been given a little sign on its page saying it won't re-open until 2013. Weird though how Colossus is just currently unavailable but Stealth is currently undergoing essential maintanence. Maybe a sign that Stealth's closure could be for quite a while. As long as both are back up and running by Fright Nights I don't see a huge problem as this is technically the quiet season.