Closed Rides

Ash

• 1 month later...

You must go to Thorpe with your eyes closed. There's ALWAYS a ride broken at Thorpe. :blink:Posted Image

Hilarious Josh. You must have your eyes closed for the last 6 months then. I'm really struggling to not swear at you right now actually as Thorpe has had fantastic reliability this year. But as soon as it has three rides down, you come out the woodwork declaring a ride is always broken. That is rubbish and it makes me dispair, it really does.

If I'm quite honest, Chessington this year has been much worse than THORPE PARK. I've visited five times this year and the only ride closed was SAW - The Ride. Once.Chessington I've been to twice. Both times KOBRA has been down, Rattlesnake was down all day the first time, Vampire and Dragon's Fury the second.Something that really irritates me is when people complain because the rides break down. Would you be rude to a family member because their car broke down? No. It can't be helped and it absolutely disgusts me when I see people complaining to staff who are putting themselves out to entertain their ungrateful, ignorant customers. Of course, it doesn't apply to everybody, some people understand that you can't sue the weather girl because it rained.

Not really Mark to be honest. I agree the start of the season was better, but during August it has been the same as previous years which is as we all know is not a good thing :blink: . Just stating my view from personal experiences.

Lets see.We had depth Charge down because boats were flipping. That lasted a few days.We had Tidal Wave down for two-three days because of a large incident. We had Samurai down because of a gear box problem which required a cherrypicker.In that same time Chessington had Dragon Falls, Tomb Blaster and Kobra closed for an entire day (and more) and a day where at one point Vampire was the only major ride running.And we're saying Thorpe is really bad when it used to go days with Vortex, Quantum, Rush, Colossus, Samurai and No Way Out closed all day. Are we being serious here. :(

Something that really irritates me is when people complain because the rides break down. Would you be rude to a family member because their car broke down? No. It can't be helped and it absolutely disgusts me when I see people complaining to staff who are putting themselves out to entertain their ungrateful, ignorant customers. Of course, it doesn't apply to everybody, some people understand that you can't sue the weather girl because it rained.

Chessington has been on average 95 - 97% uptime.And yes, unfortunately people seem to think shouting and screaming will make the rides work and that it is the poor sod at the front gate is the person at fault.

Hilarious Josh. You must have your eyes closed for the last 6 months then. I'm really struggling to not swear at you right now actually as Thorpe has had fantastic reliability this year. But as soon as it has three rides down, you come out the woodwork declaring a ride is always broken. That is rubbish and it makes me dispair, it really does.

I do know this. Thorpe have done extremely well this year, and I do not take it away from them. They've improved reliability and have got all rides working ASAP. The joke I made was, to be fair, the norm as early back as last year. And that is all it is, a joke - I do not mean it, of course. Sure, it maybe just sad or pathetic, but unfortunately that is my humour. Thorpe have done fantastically well, but they will still be the butt of those sorta jokes for a long time to come, whether it is liked or not.

I think Thorpe have done extremely well this year with ride maintenance, If a ride goes down unexpectedly; then they will try to be as quick as possible to fix it. I thought that Slammer would just have another bad year this year, but no; it has been brilliant up until now where it has blue tarps over the south side :blink: , I wonder what the problem is now? I'm sure it will have a speedy recovery! Is the gearbox problem with samurai, the same problem that they had with it around the beginning of October last year, because it had a blue cherry picker on it then? :(

I think we just have to grit our teeth when we read and hear these comments and realse it's going to take a long time for Thorpe to shake off its apauling reputation for downtime.To be honest it deserves all the criticism it gets. Things are definitely improving, but I don't think we're out of the woods yet.People will only be satisfied when they are reaching the same level as Alton Towers, and even then I fear we will still have the odd comment about Thorpe's past.

I think we just have to grit our teeth when we read and hear these comments and realse it's going to take a long time for Thorpe to shake off its apauling reputation for downtime.To be honest it deserves all the criticism it gets. Things are definitely improving, but I don't think we're out of the woods yet.People will only be satisfied when they are reaching the same level as Alton Towers, and even then I fear we will still have the odd comment about Thorpe's past.

So its the parks fault that a computer programming device goes slightly wrong? OK, so when your PC computer next breaks I'm blaiming you! Some things can be fixed in an hour some require maintenance...

So its the parks fault that a computer programming device goes slightly wrong? OK, so when your PC computer next breaks I'm blaiming you! Some things can be fixed in an hour some require maintenance...

Ricky is completely right. Remember, these rides are complicated machines. Sometimes when they do break, they require an immense amount of time to solve the issue, time that may not always be there as soon as the ride in question goes down.

Ricky is completely right. Remember, these rides are complicated machines. Sometimes when they do break, they require an immense amount of time to solve the issue, time that may not always be there as soon as the ride in question goes down.

We all know this though, Matt was just expressing that in his opinion they still have a reputation to shake off.I for one think the parks done fantastically well this year, saying that whilst last year's start was dreadfull, things did improve alot thoughout the year so its not a sudden change.