Compliments about Thorpe Park

Paul

Had a good day at Thorpe Park? Or would like to mention a particular member of staff that made your day that little bit extra special? Feel free to post any compliments here, or mentions to members of the Thorpe Park team.

Only one person....Alfonso!! On Saw the ride most the time. What a legend!!!

The staff are normally quite nice, I have to bring this up though the people opperating the stalls are very pushy :P Also when the park is quite busy they get the rides going quickly to reach maximum throughput.Also Alfonso was opperating Stealth's baggage yesterday.

Yeah, Ewan was on SAW on preview day. He really added to the experience, especially when he hides round corners and walks in front of you. Very good. Plus, he is just helpful and an overall nice guy. Oh yes, and Alfonso deserves a mention for being informative and his niceness - always good to chat to him. (Did you know that Alfonso has only been on SAW once - on the 14th March?)I think Thorpe also deserve a mention for working with fanboys. I mean, recently, we have had Behind the Loops, a decent themed ride (even though everyone really wanted that) which also had a great build up towards it, all the YouTube vidoes (like the FN Thriller one). In other words, the park has been listening a lot more to improve the park.Okay, they might need to improve reliability, but the park is still very good. Anyway, I'm preety sure that will be fixed and is one of the main priorities of the park.Overall, you've pleased me. :P

It's really not good when all the compliments to Thorpe are about its staff, and barely ANY are about its themeing, reliabilty, rides and park presentation :PIt's very good that the staff get recognition but really there is so much more to having a good park than just good staff.

The awnser to that is it deseves more and for james its just the staff make a good day better and they deseve some credit for that becasue without them the ride couldnt be runing and there brilliant

Why does it deserve more? :P

I have been to thorpe park twice last year the first tiem I visited the park I loved the rides and the atmosphere so I returned for my brithday and I was veyr well greeted many of the staff saw my bage etc and wished me a happy birthday at thorpe park and lots of random people wished me happy birthday which was nice.I can't wait to return this year and ride saw :P

Pushy in what way? They shouldn't be too pushy, but they mean well. They're only trying to reach their stores cash target for that day.

I know but they just don't take no for an answer, this guy kept asking us if we wanted a go and we said no thanks and he kept asking and asking it got very annoying.

It's when they come up to you and try to force the basketball or whatever into your hand that's rude as well. Invasion of personal space!!! That would be like the bag room attendant grabbing people and their bags and forcing the wristband onto their wrist IMO.I know they are trying to make money and stuff, but when they stand in your way and try to force you it takes the P a bit!

I know but they just don't take no for an answer, this guy kept asking us if we wanted a go and we said no thanks and he kept asking and asking it got very annoying.

Ahaha I thought you were talking about the Barrow Stalls, like the one outside Tidal Wave that sells Ponchos (run by My Store! :P )Oh yes those HB Leisure Games are fixed & overpriced. The Attendants are also really annoying.

I'd just like to comment on the friendliness of many staff at the park. Going back to when I went on the 12th April, me and my friends got off SAW at about 8:45, even though the park actually closed at 7. Even at this point, staff members were still really friendly and talkative even though they were working well over time! I just thought this was really good of them to not moan etc.