Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

22 hours ago, Inferno said:

Also why on earth is Hex of all things opening at 11? I thought that would be quite popular given it’s been closed for all this time.

Honestly, went over around 2 and it was walk on. Stayed at 5 minutes on app for most of the day after that. 

Overall, going again tomorrow however the lack of Sky Ride is telling for my poor friends arms having to push my wheelchair around. As much as I understand the complex engineering of it. It’s just not good enough from an accessible aspect anymore. 

It’s 2024, time to catch up. 

1 hour ago, Matt 236 said:

That lasted about as long as the sale of the old Duel blasters.

How they can’t run a madhouse sufficiently compared to other parks baffles me. 

You mean like the also been closed all season Defi de Cesar at Asterix?

Hex isn't the only one that's been struggling.

1 hour ago, Benin said:

You mean like the also been closed all season Defi de Cesar at Asterix?

Hex isn't the only one that's been struggling.

I mean, that is true to an extent. But one could argue Hex has had a lot of more one and offs in the last eight years. Including the whole of 2016 on top of the whole of the last two years really. 

I have no information regarding the Asterix madhouse, but it is a pity if that too has been closed as that leaves the place without a sufficient indoor attraction at present. Following Transdemonium’s removal years ago.

12 hours ago, Matt 236 said:

I mean, that is true to an extent. But one could argue Hex has had a lot of more one and offs in the last eight years. Including the whole of 2016 on top of the whole of the last two years really. 

I have no information regarding the Asterix madhouse, but it is a pity if that too has been closed as that leaves the place without a sufficient indoor attraction at present. Following Transdemonium’s removal years ago.

Speaking goon to guest assistant this year with Lego. Madhouses in general are problematic. When they run, they run fab but when they go wrong it’s expensive. Like a Volkswagen Golf, the older model the less likely parts will be around for the older ones. 

If it counts, most of all of it is the same. 

Love to Mr Carson always 

Edited by Pickles
I be dyslexic

11 hours ago, Glitch said:

But why is the themeing on the cylinder being bent and broken… that doesn’t make sense!

Getting caught between the external shell and internal seat mechanism. Bit of something breaks loose after suddenly moving for first time consistently all year and right in the way.

Incident many years ago (think Japan) where a person got caught between the 2. Didn't end well.

Imagine being invited to a content creator programme and then slating it because they didn’t allow you to film the ride therefore impacting your content schedule and monetisation plan by spoiling the ride. Entitlement at its finest from TPWW. How is getting previews and freebies including unlimited fast track very one sided towards the park. I hope they get taken off the programme and a smaller channel invited.