Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

Some interesting pictures from Towers Nerd live, but it would appear the quality of The Burger Kitchen has not set a new standard in Merlin outlets food quality, at least according to Stretchie - take a look at what he wrote:

I ordered a quarter pounder. What came was a sad single patty on a bum with cheese and some sauce. It was reasonably tasteless and extremely unfilling. Maybe it needs more horse. The chips were also pretty tasteless. They were like cardboard dipped in salt. So in whole I'm not really impressed. Looking at people's faces around I don't think other people are either.

The deserts are based loosely on the MCFlurry, I've partaken in one of the Rollo ones. Verdict: the Rollo's were nice. The ice cream was a bit bland. And for some reason the the sauce was at the bottom and the spoons were micro spoons. But it was nicer than the burger.

On the whole. Not impressed sorry. All feels a bit cheap and bland.

I feared this would be the case and although you can't judge from just one persons opinion (especially when you haven't been, like me :D) however my verdict will be delivered as soon as I've checked out Chessington's Burger Kitchen (if the purple exterior doesn't kill me before I get in there!).

Alton Towers will be closed tomorrow (Sunday 24th), confirmed by their Twitter.

24thclosed_zpsff9d0349.png

This isn't a good start to the season for Towers! Or the lead up to the Easter Holidays! But the snow is unbearable up here, really hard to imagine how bad it is unless you're around or in the area! Roads are at an standstill and loads of places cut off, I hope this clears up fast! I can't see any progress happening on The Smiler in these conditions.

This is worse than the February Half Term line up, I know it's probably not the right train in thinking but they may as well close until more rides are available, not many people will want to go as it is!

• Old MacDonald’s Farmyard
  • The Towers including Hex and The Sanctuary
  • Cloud Cuckoo Land
  • Dark Forest- Rita
  • Forbidden Valley- Nemesis Sub Terra, Ripsaw and The Blade
  • Gloomy Wood
  • Mutiny Bay

283220_462599607143822_1700233324_n.jpg

Considering THAT'S the state of the park (and the surrounding area), that's as good as it's gonna get...

It's a double edged sword... They should (if they want to stay open) have discounted the price two fold in order to represent the low availability (because it's not solely down to the temperature)...

Issue with severely reduced ticket cost is it means more people want to visit, and therefore more people disappointed.

At present, they're allowing people to enter under no pretense there's no rides available, then giving them return tickets as they leave. Easy peasy!

EDIT: To add more to general discussion, towers is advertising Nemesis Sub Terra on da telly. They are really enjoying their old adverts atm, whilst awaiting smiler!