Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

• 2 weeks later...

Some people may find this slightly amusing...

http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adjudications/2012/6/Merlin-Entertainments-Group-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_194026.aspx

The Sub Terra adverts were complained about as they were claimed to be racist, with all the fear being induced by the black man in the advert, as opposed to the Nemesis egg. Needless to say, all is fine and nothing racist was found.. :P

The park-wide WiFi system which has been recently installed and is provided for free by The Cloud is a really great little thing which the Resort really needed (imo) seeing as its usually very hard to get a signal around Alton. All you have to do is sign in if you already have a Cloud account, the coverage is good, spotted absolutely loads of the transmitters today. *Thumbs up for WiFi at Alton* :D

Seen some pictures from various groups on Facebook showing Nemesis without the blood red water (removal of the dye), I really hope they aren't leaving it out as that is one of the characterisitcs of the ride and would look silly without it!

I believe I read from one of our posters on TPM (Or it could be TTF) that because of the recent flooding at Nemesis, they've banned the use of the red dye in the water.. could someone do the right thing and put us right here ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This appeared on my Facebook newsfeed today from Park logic:

Guests took for an unexpected thrill on the Alton Towers yesterday as after park close the park's Cow themed monorail crashed. While details are sparse on the event, however a recent Facebook post on the park's page from someone on board the Moonorail gives a slight insight in to what happened.

"Hi, I just wanted to leave a message for your staff! Me and my friends were a little injured yesterday on the monorail and every member of staff who came to help us was fantastic, they kept everyone calm and were very understanding and reassuring. The medical staff were outstanding too and clearly knew what they were doing! The driver of the monorail even came to see us in the Medical Centre at half 8 last night just to make sure we were okay! What a hero! Hope everyone else got away as relatively luckily as us. Thanks again :)"

No major injuries have been reported.

• 3 weeks later...

Double Post.

Audrey said on Coronation Street that Nick shouldn't have gone to towers on a bank holiday because of how rammed it obviously was.

How wrong she was. Maximum queue 30mins, everything 0mins by 5. I think Nick just decided to bugger off in the evening instead of returning home.

Indeed. I was on park yesterday and it was very quiet - the weather not helping.

Nemesis was entirely walk on (with a 2 train operation) from about 4:30pm until ride close at 6:00pm. Oblivion was walk on for most of the day also. Th13teen was barely 10 minutes. The only rides that had a queue were Rita and Sonic Spinball, Sonic not being helped by the wet weather operation. Air was also very short - and was less than a 10 minute wait after 5:00pm. Even Sub Terra had a less than 10 minute wait later on and never peaked over 1/2 hour.

The development for SW7 since my last visit to AT is striking. The size of the hole is quite something!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Interesting program on iPlayer at the moment- William Roache (AKA Ken Barlow), is on Who Do You Think You Are- his grandmother ran the Alton Towers cafe in the 1930s - hugely successful. And also lots of footage from that period and now, plus inside the towers etc!

Well worth watching!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

on the twitter page they are doing a #AtoZofAltonTowers, quite cool I think, wonder if they are going to leak the name this way???

what they have wrote so far:

This week to cheer up those winter days and nights we're going to run down the #AtoZofAltonTowers - follow along with the # above!

A is for Air - The flying roller coaster which opened in Forbidden Valley in 2002

B is for Buster the bright red Tractor on Old MacDonald's Farmyard

C is for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- The Ride. Located in Cloud Cuckoo Land, this ride is open this Christmas!

D is for Duel- The Haunted House strikes back! What's your top score?

E is for Enterprise, spinning you a full 360 over and over.. without restraints or seatbelts!

F is for Fantastical Ferrets, one of many extraordinary animals we have on Old MacDonald's Farmyard!

G is for Gardens - magnificent and enchanting, designed by the Earls of Shrewsbury!

I'll keep you posted.

Edited by EC152012

Apparently there will be a permanent maze next year?

I have also heard this, from someone who worked within The Santc. Possible plan is to have the maze up for Feb half term- to keep viral marketing basically.

Don't know if plan is to keep it further than that, we'll see eh?