On Ride Photos

Matthew

I searched for any topics on Picsolve, and failed to find any:I have just returned from THORPE PARK, and I'm not sure if you're aware of this but, Picsolve have now raised their prices as follows:Single Photo (Frame, Keyring, Magnet): £7.00Photo Pass (5 photos): £25.00 [until further notice, Annual Pass discount remains at £18.00, however this will be shortly adjusted]And also, there's a new option for photos: £30.00 for a digital photo keyring - it has 5 photos which can be digitally viewed. Sounds cool, but the price is just a bit hefty.Saw - the ride DVDs; It seems to me, from today, that throughout the day the DVDs appear to work from around 12 o'clock onwards and that only certain trains save the footage.Discuss?

First of all Picsolve is just terribly overpriced, it's so overpriced, that I dont even want to work for the company!Saw: The Ride DVD's, a good idea, price needs to be reconsidered alot. I think with these it's all about timing. For guests its just pot luck really, theres not much you can do. The camera's I presume are timed when to record and when not to record. This is because, perhaps its all controlled by the computers in the Photo Unit, say a guest wants to purchase a DVD, the computers that burn the DVD's take a few minutes to Burn and Produce, in this time new video cannot be brought from the cameras to the system, so the operator in the Photo Unit may have to wait until its all clear and the system is ready to record again and send the next batch of videos down to the system.I dont even know if thats how it works, but thats my take on it.

I think it is wrong that Annual Pass holders do not get discount if they only want to buy photos induvidually instead of getting discount on a photo pass. Have you seen the amount of money they want for one photo!!! :PEven if it was just 10% off. It is still better than nothing and will also get more people probably to purchase their onride photo.I think in the long run, Picsolve would end up making more money as people are more likely to buy one or two separately than actually think... I will get a photo pass. Especially if you are not a regular visitor to THORPE PARK.

To be fair, I don't think its Thorpe's problem that they are overpriced, I think Picsolve are charging them alot for the equipment although normal visitor would think its Thorpe's problem becuase alot of Thorpe's merchendise is overpriced, although I was amazed at the price of the SAW pens.

I don't like picsolve any more than you do, but it is about economy! It is cheaper to outsource these things to contracted companies, rather than train the staff, buy the equipment, maintain said equipment, plus all the paper and keyrings etc. Things would be much more expensive if they did it all on their own, be thankful for it, just don't use it. :)

• 1 month later...

I work for picsolve and I know they are expensive. we are trying to lower them but problem is, half of our cash goes straight to merlin so works out like 3 quid per photo that goes to picsolve after tax. and the cameras cost a hell of a lothowever, I do think there are different items which are far more expensive on park ie ponchos and quencher bottlesPS: I'm working at towers and its 18 quid for a pass with discount????? thats more expensive that towers.

• 7 months later...

Is it rude though?All you are doing is taking a photo of yourself, and surely you own the copyright to your own image?I had a bit of grief at Alton last year with a jobsworth who insisted that I could not take a photo of the screen, I did get a photo of him though ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Is it rude though?All you are doing is taking a photo of yourself, and surely you own the copyright to your own image?I had a bit of grief at Alton last year with a jobsworth who insisted that I could not take a photo of the screen, I did get a photo of him though :P

No, the copyright does belong to the park, states it in the terms and conditions.

Is it rude though?All you are doing is taking a photo of yourself, and surely you own the copyright to your own image?I had a bit of grief at Alton last year with a jobsworth who insisted that I could not take a photo of the screen, I did get a photo of him though :D

I think it is :D. I think it's taking the mickey really, but then again so is whatever the price is this season.. £7/£8 for a piece of paper is also taking the mickey. I think they should definately make the prices lower, or do a better photo pass deal, 4 pieces of paper for £20 just does not do it for me! In my living room atm I have 12 on ride pictures and many more in other places in my house.. I think I must have paid more for photos than on my annual pass. I know it's not compulsory to buy them but yeah. If I worked in the photo place and saw people taking pictures with their camera I would get annoyed :D. Does any one on here actually work in any of the photo places? I'd be interested about what the feel about this :P.

I think it is :D. I think it's taking the mickey really, but then again so is whatever the price is this season.. £7/£8 for a piece of paper is also taking the mickey. I think they should definately make the prices lower, or do a better photo pass deal, 4 pieces of paper for £20 just does not do it for me! In my living room atm I have 12 on ride pictures and many more in other places in my house.. I think I must have paid more for photos than on my annual pass. I know it's not compulsory to buy them but yeah. If I worked in the photo place and saw people taking pictures with their camera I would get annoyed :D. Does any one on here actually work in any of the photo places? I'd be interested about what the feel about this :D.

I think hammersley works on one of them, though I'm not sure.. :P I agree about the prices, though from a business side, I understand sightly where they're coming from. Remember, Picsolve run them, not Merlin. Photo Pass deals are on 20% off till the end of April if you have an AP. And I have much more than 12 ORPs, much, MUCH more.. :DAlso, this whole argument about copyright and stuff. Unfortunately, it is in the T&C that they own the copyright to your own photo. However, I do see it as unfair that you're not allowed to take a photo of your own photo. Again, that's from a business prospect..

I remember a few years ago when they used to be £5, but even at £8 that's cheap compared to in the States. Strangely they are one of the few things which is more expensive over there.E.g. My on ride photo on Expedition Everest was if exchanged from $ to £ about £15

I think hammersley works on one of them, though I'm not sure.. :P I agree about the prices, though from a business side, I understand sightly where they're coming from. Remember, Picsolve run them, not Merlin. Photo Pass deals are on 20% off till the end of April if you have an AP. And I have much more than 12 ORPs, much, MUCH more.. :DAlso, this whole argument about copyright and stuff. Unfortunately, it is in the T&C that they own the copyright to your own photo. However, I do see it as unfair that you're not allowed to take a photo of your own photo. Again, that's from a business prospect..

Lol I have some of mine in a frame in my room 8-| :D lol. Oh.. I didn't think AP users normally got discounts is this new for this season?Also, If you think about it from a different business point of view if they sold the pictures for like £5 each then people would buy more of them. So instead of what I do by like buying 1 and then scanning it at home & sending it to my friends my friend could buy one too and then they'd get £10. Haha. I do get what you're saying though.

I remember a few years ago when they used to be £5, but even at £8 that's cheap compared to in the States. Strangely they are one of the few things which is more expensive over there.E.g. My on ride photo on Expedition Everest was if exchanged from $ to £ about £15

Yeah in america they are expensive, but they do good deals like buy one for $7 got another one for $3. & at like Busch Gardens, if you pay $5 more they give you a really nice frame with it. I was expecting them to be much cheaper when I went at christmas though! Edited by Millie27

Oh.. I didn't think AP users normally got discounts is this new for this season?

T'is new as far as I know - but the offer ends end of April. Only works for the Photopass thing - so it works out about £4 per photo. Though the offer runs out on the30th, you can still use the photopass whenever you like this season.

Also, If you think about it from a different business point of view if they sold the pictures for like £5 each then people would buy more of them. So instead of what I do by like buying 1 and then scanning it at home & sending it to my friends my friend could buy one too and then they'd get £10. Haha. I do get what you're saying though.

Remember, there's 3 parties. You, the consumer, Merlin and Picsolve. Both Merlin and Picsolve want a profit, so they're bound to be expensive so both the businesses can squeeze the money out.

I don't remember how much they costed but I remember thinking even at the ages of 8 and 11 when I went to Euro Disney with my family that the photos were stupidly overpriced but the frames do look amazing. I think the photopass is a decent deal and more so if you are an AP holder or of you want to share the pass with friends and scan the photos onto a social networking sight.

This year picsolve are offering a new deal, which if your somone who buys alot of photos could save you alot of cash! Its a new USB wristband system, you simply pay £10 and you get the wristband and 1 free photo downloaded onto it in JPG format, then after you are able to use it across the park for the rest of the season, with each additional photo being put on it being £4.The picture quality is pretty high too, ive got one and think its well worth it, buying many I would usually give a miss!

Yeah, I got the wristband at Alton towers the other day :P. Are they available at thorpe? I think I've already lost mine oh dear haha. If it's for all year, I think it's worth it because after the initial £10 cost you save £4 on each picture (unless you go to print tem at boots or somewhere :P). I think it's a good idea. Edit: unfortunately, you can't use a USB wristband from one park at another :D ah well such is life lol.

Edited by Millie27