Thorpe Park - Fright Nights - 24th October

Marc

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is easily on par with the Xmas Meet 2009, same levels.Absolutely fantastic day, by far the best meet at Thorpe so far, by far.My hat goes off to Ian for his immense Organisation, and keeping the group together and everyone included. I Have been told that alot of effort was enforced into this meet, and I dear say, if this is what the outcome is, then that effort definitely pays off, and can continue to pay off.In a few words: Today was the clear definition of what a TPM Meet should have always been & should be100/10!!! :P:P:P

I did go but I never meet you becasue I went after your meet up any way if you where an anual pass hollder you had to pay five pounds whichwas anoying because the website said you only had to do that on the 28 - 31 verry annoyed it kind of reuind my evening but why do they doit is all I want to though any pictures of dead end

I did go but I never meet you becasue I went after your meet up any way if you where an anual pass hollder you had to pay five pounds whichwas anoying because the website said you only had to do that on the 28 - 31 verry annoyed it kind of reuind my evening but why do they doit is all I want to though any pictures of dead end

Learn to spell please and it was prebook from the 28th, unless you have a premium pass you will have to pay no matter what.

Yesterday was amazing, it's a shame you couldn't go Marc!Brilliant organisation, no way near as busy as we thought meaning a good ride/maze count, lots of laughs and some great photos! :PAnd yes Chris! Flying Fish was epic! The first 2 times we had the brilliant "woop woop" staff member, the second 2 goes were at night and we basically took over the front! And the operator was great!Photo of Stealth clothing tag man and other photos coming soon, posting this on my iPhone; still in bed, as the journey home was fail. Due to the RAC being absolute idiots and taking 3 hours to sort things out. In a nutshell, Ian was gonna drop me home on the way back, and after we dropped Steve and Jord off at Staines, car had issues, called RAC, couldn't drive it, they said they'd get a taxi to get me home but it took about an hour, maybe more, to get there and it seemed like they just weren't doing their job and had no idea how to communicate! Oh and because we didn't expect to be waiting so long, I chose not to get the train, incase people wonder why I didn't. Plus it would've been a big big rush and it was the last one I could have got!So yeah...I hope your car is fixed soon Ian! :P Pretty sure you didn't deserve that hassle after the great effort you put in yesterday!But anyway, aside from that, fantastic day out, nice to meet 2 new faces, and bring on the last day of season meet! :P

Photo time! :PGroup pic at Asylum:Posted ImageGroup pic outside the Dome:Posted ImageGroup pics at Stealth rocks:Posted ImagePosted ImageOther random advemtures from the day::PPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageThe rest are on my Facebook. It took ages to link them to here cos they have a new photo uploader and viewer, and the viewer is Flash. Yep, so you have to right click, page info, media tab, go to the bottom of the long list of crap and find the normal .jpg link to the photo. Grrrr! However the new uploader means you can upload higher-res pics and tagging is easier. But the viewer being Flash is pain in the arse! :P

:P Chris how did you do that?EDIT: ridephoto.com :(But how did you get the full size? You have to pay!EDIT AGAIN: Ah that one you can view. I tried to view the Fish one but cos it's a keyring, thats why it was small...but cos it's the same photo number as the photo version Ian has I thought I'd be able to view it full size, silly me.I filmed Rush at night, and the original video (iPhone 4) is fine, but when I convert it to WMV (using an HD video converter which has worked fine with everything else), the swings/people look pixelated...but nothing else does! :P Grr and it's only doing it on the good video, with the best view of the ride! I would blame it on the darkness but seeing as the original one doesn't look pixelated...Then I shall convert the CCR one :P Hopefully that one will convert ok!

Lol yeah.I just paid for the Asylum one, Fish and Rumba :P three photos for the price of one at Thorpe :POoh just got the high quality Asylum one :P Shall edit my above post with the high quality ones!Woop!Flying Fish photo:Posted ImageRumba Rapids photo:Posted Image:P :P

Well you have to have bought them on park first - the number you enter on the website is on the receipt. You couldn't just get the 4 digit photo number and use it, it has to be a 12 digit one from the receipt.I suppose the good thing is it solves the "keyring or photo" dilemma. Just buy the keyring, enter the number on the website, and you can view the full size photo, save it, print it off at home or Boots or whatever...tada! You have both! Unless of course you do two for £10, won't be much different in price. But it benefited me, because I had a Photo Pass, got two pics, two keyrings with it...and then paid £4 to get the keyrings as photos online...which I'm sure is cheaper than buying 4 photos, 2 keyrings!Hell I dunno :P But it's a good idea to have the website anyway!