THE SWARM: Speculation & Theories

ZC2009

http://ste193.deviantart.com/#/d49xkfd

]I can only attach the poster for now because my scanner is not currently working, the poster was located imbetween Ranger County and Calypso Quay underneath Nemesis Inferno's climb.Sorry I have been trying to attach the photo but it keeps saying I can't use the image extension :P Edited by ste193

Ste193, there is a bridge linking the mainland to the Swarm island planned near the flying fish. The bridge planned for near the sunken gardens will not go to the Swarm island, it will go to the one next to it. Up until now it has been assumed that this second bridge would be developed at a later date. That is of course unless the plans have changed, but I would have thought that would require additional planning permission.

Ste193, there is a bridge linking the mainland to the Swarm island planned near the flying fish.

Well it seems a bit strange to me to advertise the new island in the map and clearly show a bridge linking the island with sunkern gardens, that is why I found it strange to because the map also does not show a bridge between flying fish and thge island which is very misleading to the general public who don't know the plans like us so I'm taking this to mean they have changed?Posted ImageNot the best image but look at stealth and the sunkern gardens the bridge clearly links the island there with no bridge between the fish and the island? strange if anything I'd have though the fish bridge could be larger and having two would ease passage to the island.

Well it seems a bit strange to me to advertise the new island in the map and clearly show a bridge linking the island with sunkern gardens, that is why I found it strange to because the map also does not show a bridge between flying fish and thge island which is very misleading to the general public who don't know the plans like us so I'm taking this to mean they have changed?Posted ImageNot the best image but look at stealth and the sunkern gardens the bridge clearly links the island there with no bridge between the fish and the island? strange if anything I'd have though the fish bridge could be larger and having two would ease passage to the island.

It's an interesting spot but I can assure you there is nothing in this, it's literally how the park map was designed for this season.http://lc12.co.uk/ride/layout/lc12From the layout in the link, which to this point have not been revised (apart from original submission) it clearly states that there will only be two access points. One of them being maitenance....If there was going to be another bridge constructed we would have seen some planning documentation by now.

hmmm, yeah that is very odd! I am sure they just do it to confuse us, lol. But as Val said, this could be a representation as it appears now, this season. I cant imagine it was a mistake, as it does correlate with the posters and barriers up near Stealth. Time will tell, but there is a bridge under construction near the Flying Fish that the plans state is the only one for next year or two. I would trust the plans for now until we know more, but good spot.

What you got to remember Thorpe's map isn't exactly... Geographically correct? Last I checked Saw The Ride wasn't opposite Vortex & and Flying fish wasn't behind Tidal Wave! If the entrance to the Island was behind Stealth through Sunken Gardens it would of been *actually* closed of to the public and works would be WELL underway by now!

I spotted this at the start of the season, thought it had already been mentioned. It's pretty obvious I think, drawing the bridge in the correct place would have required a lot of reshuffling of information ect around the map, so it's more effort than it would have been worth for such a tiny piece of pre-advertising. For next year they will make the effort to change the map up a bit and show the bridge in the correct place I'm sure.

http://ste193.deviantart.com/#/d49xkfd

]I can only attach the poster for now because my scanner is not currently working, the poster was located imbetween Ranger County and Calypso Quay underneath Nemesis Inferno's climb.Sorry I have been trying to attach the photo but it keeps saying I can't use the image extension :P
Thats great! It has fire too :P Lets hope it wont turn into a case of Storm Surge's buckets..

To clear up the issue of the entrance bridge to the island further, a picture I posted on Ride Guide a couple of weeks ago now actually, following a similar discussion:Posted ImageThere's no way a bridge can be made to the island without either: going on Island A or getting rid of one of the ponds, both of which are stupid (though the former won't be when it's actually got rides on it). In other words, the dotted lines are bridges for the future.As Thorpe have said, the map is a work of art, not necessarily for geographical accuracy. As Thorpe tend to change the design of their maps on a bi-annual basis, I think we can expect a new style map next year, which will incorporate the island well, spreading out all of the park nicely on the page.

Thats great! It has fire too :P Lets hope it wont turn into a case of Storm Surge's buckets..

As has been said, it was concept art. Saw's concept art showed blades on the track; do you really expect that to happen? It's just to show off the ride; not give an accurate view of exactly how it will be. I would, however, say that there's a good chance of water and fire effects being somehow involved in the ride / general experience.

Hey guys, I have been following The Swarm for quite some time so I know quiet a bit about it... I even write blogs about it :rolleyes: hehe... I've got one question really about the new coaster and it is:Was any track recieved at Thorpe Park yesterday (20th Septemeber 2011)? The only reason I am asking is that me and 3 mates went to Chessington yesterday and on the way there (on the M26) me and my friend saw loads of structures on the back of a open top lorry... It was greyish in colour and curved and the the shape was in a square... but I was wondering if it was... Look at the below link for the track which it looked like and a similar lorry to what we saw yesterday ;)http://www.totalthorpepark.co.uk/images/random/2012septtrack.jpgThanks Guys

I think the moan JoshC, was that we fully expect to see bridges from the Swarm island soon enough, but until then; it's very short sighted to have once again certainlly on it's opening year, to build what is going to be a massivly popular-world class roller coaster onto a dead end island.

I think the moan JoshC, was that we fully expect to see bridges from the Swarm island soon enough, but until then; it's very short sighted to have once again certainlly on it's opening year, to build what is going to be a massivly popular-world class roller coaster onto a dead end island.

I'm confused.. Posted ImageI know what the moan is, I agree it's the not the best planning and I didn't go against that in my post. I just helped clear up the whole issue of whether there was going to be a bridge from SG to Swarm.. So how you've got that I didn't get the moan from my post confuses me.. :S

Disapointing, seeing as merlin didn't do a bad job with saw and th13teen's interior queue. I just hope they do an epic dispatch like they used to with nemesis inferno. As long as they keep with those immence near hit theming than I shall be happy.

Will be interesting to see how simular to both Raptor and Krake's large ride music, The Swarm's will be and if the entire park is still playing chart music all over the place, how it will all come together. :blush:

I'd be interested to see how this is all going to happen as well. The music they have used in the promo video on the mini site would work awesome as a station/dispatch track (yes, I know it is the Vortex lowering music/Some track Alton had for Scarefest at some point). Only other idea I can see them doing is a lot of radio static with walkie talkie effects/screaming but I'd hope they wouldn't do that as that is extremely similar to Saw's area.

• 4 weeks later...