THE SWARM: Speculation & Theories

ZC2009

And you base that on? Saw alive still does surprisingly well..The same department who also run the most successful event on park?

The event may be successful, financially, but the quality is poor.Saw Alive seems to get worse by the day, and actors just dont happen anymore in the ride. I dont doubt that we may see actors during the opening stages of The Swarm, but they will not last long, if theyre there at all.I say Ents is a flop, because most things are so flaky, if your going to have actors in the queueline for example, you either have them or you dont.....

What Neil said basically, although there seemed to be more actors around Saw - The Ride more in 2011 than 2010, even after the fire.But I dont get the "The event may be successful, financially, but the quality is poor." because whilst your right, there can be a big difference between the 2, theres only so long the "poor quality" would remain successful. I'm sure there will be actors around Swarm for the first year or so, then less and less untill the next big coaster :P

Well, after much deliberation and Thorpe geekiness with Valentez, we've spotted that the crane used for lifting the plane into place is still on site and near a Studios North vehicle, which could possibly hold final touches and extra pieces of the helicopter, which is probably hiding somewhere along with the trains.

Just to clear a few things up, the heliopter rumour has come from Facebook, on the Swarm's Developer Diary. Anty Eyre (the person who posted the Swarm's track being fabricated), confirmed that it had been cut.However, after a little more digging, this person also said that the trains are for certain not on-site yet- they are! :wub: Also he's very close to a certain person who was convinved that sw6 was B&M, awkward. Just take it with a pinch of salt. I'll be upset if it's been cut though!

He also posted the pictures someone on CF drew of trains that looked like church pews thinking they were the actual trains. Double hawk.Because I have the page on creator only rather than everyone I hadn't seen everything he's posted... I call blagging fanboy. Wouldn't worry - Josh's conclusion of "lack of knowledge" seems to sum this one up nicely!Edit again... The more of this I'm seeing the less I understand how ANYONE can believe this guy? He says the helicopter has been cancelled in the same thread of comments in which he says the trains aren't on site, no one can have seen them, and that they are the same as the Raptor trains. He also says he'd "go and sit outside the park on the day of testing" - he's obviously just a massive wannabe fanboi with nothing better to do than pretend to be important.In the words of George Carlin, "That's a good bull***t story!"

Army? I want an Apache!Posted ImageThey just look so damn mean, would be brilliant with The Swarm. Somehow I doubt the MOD would want one just sitting there though :wub: Seeing one of these flying at Biggin Hill a couple of years ago is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen - I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one.

But surely they could acquire one that's been retired from service? The renderings are a little confusing as to what kind of helicopter it could be, but I'm not about to get all fanboyish and hunt down models that resemble the plans á la what everyone seemed to be doing when the plane arrived, because as we can see from the station already, Thorpe can deviate quite substantially from the plans agreed with, so long as the dimensions, sound barriers and visual impact remains relatively unchanged.