THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

<video was here>Sorry about the quality!

One thing I will ask ben, do you have access to the time lapse camera? Thanks for the video, you can now see the full extent of the project, and the amount of >time to erect.Anyway, I have a video, released by Thorpe. Showing the backed track being positioned.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Lfzr16PfwThe original post is here

EDIT: Check the track piece in the water on the right (!)

I love it! They spend £18 million on a B&M wingrider and then drop it in the lake! :DI've got to say that it's easily the first drop that I'm most excited about seeing being built. And I didn't realise it would extend over the water like that, should look fantastic when you're on it.

Sooo how are you taking these pictures, you don't seem to answer me. xD

Maybe he's trying to keep his tricks of the trade secret. ;)EDIT: And cheers for the updates, they're much appreciated!

A few minutes ago...So far today there is a new footer in the foreground, presumably for one of the engines attached to the plane's wing; More catwalk has been added to the lift on the right side; The 'medium' support after the base of the first drop has been taken down and two track pieces are now being joined to form part of the TP inversion.Posted Image

A few minutes ago...So far today there is a new footer in the foreground, presumably for one of the engines attached to the plane's wing; More catwalk has been added to the lift on the right side; The 'medium' support after the base of the first drop has been taken down and two track pieces are now being joined to form part of the TP inversion.

As someone who doesn't really understand the business of rollercoaster construction, that seems pretty weird to me that they'd build it just to take it down again. =/ Wonder why that is...

The support was taken down to allow the crane access to construct the first drop. I do find it strange that they are constructing it this way. I would have thought that they would have had a start point to construct the ride and then follow the track round (like they are doing with Wild Eagle) rather than construct different sections of track around the island. Cheers fo the updates!!!!

Okay, so imagine you've just endured the feeling of being slowly tipped out of your seat 127ft up. You then chance a look downwards and see nothing but a lake... That's going to look awesome! Not only will it make you feel as if you're going to miss the ground altogether, but if then sun hits it at the right angle you'll be looking straight at the reflection of the train and have the illusion you're going to crash not only into the ground but into another train!Small pleasures... ^_^EDIT: Been trawling through some old updates. Here's one from Theme UK on October 13. Hello themeing!Posted ImageWell, themeing still in it's shiny blue Studios North box.