THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

We have installed a time-lapse camera for you guys to track the progress of the ride erection. It is a small but expensive (£6000) piece of camera equipment that takes a still photo every 15 minutes.

Now, why would they include the cost of the camera? What does it achieve if not simply being an advertisement for any chav who might get their hands on it?

Haha Sidders, I wondered that too :PIt's suddenly hitting me what the scale of this is, that we're getting a B&M, a reliable ride, and something to look forward to and keep me entertained over the next few months :DSAW's construction wasn't the same as this, for some reason (well apart from B&M just being far more epic). As they started construction at the end of 08, I was still working there so witnessed some of it, maybe that's why I wasn't quite as excited? Also I don't remember many photos of its construction, probably because it wasn't easy to get photos of! Either that or I've lost part of my memory!Plus there has been more and better advertising/promotion etc for Swarm such as round the park, the Facebook pages, etc. This is going to be a great addition to Thorpe, especially after the joke that is Storm Surge :rolleyes:

I still can't quite grasp how gargantuan this will look when completed. Looking at the progress of the lift so far, and imagining it continuing up and then bridging the gap all the way to that bottom section of the drop is just amazing. I was looking at the site last time I was on Inferno, thinking how wonderful it will be to look at one B&M whilst on another :rolleyes:

From the image posted earlier, I'm willing to bet the time lapse camera/footage will be here on the Lobster Vision website.I followed the construction of Brighton and Hove Albion's new stadium on the website. They supply High Resolution webcam images and time lapse footage as you will see from the website.Click on the CLIENTS tab at the top, there's a Google map quarter down the screen, I zoomed in to the place point nearest to TP's location, hey presto, Client's name in Merlin Entertainments.OK, it's not the camera footage we want to see but something to keep an eye on...

From the image posted earlier, I'm willing to bet the time lapse camera/footage will be here on the Lobster Vision website.I followed the construction of Brighton and Hove Albion's new stadium on the website. They supply High Resolution webcam images and time lapse footage as you will see from the website.Click on the CLIENTS tab at the top, there's a Google map quarter down the screen, I zoomed in to the place point nearest to TP's location, hey presto, Client's name in Merlin Entertainments.OK, it's not the camera footage we want to see but something to keep an eye on...

I don't mean to sound cynical or anything but if you zoom in it states the camera is being used for Legoland... It is, after all, placed in Berkshire and right next to the site Legoland is situated :rolleyes:

The 'height limit' only applies to the core area of the park (ie, all of the park that is currently accessible to the public). Stealth was a special exception to the rule with council talks, etc.The new islands are away from the core section of the park and have carefully positioned high points, which cause minimal impact to the skyline around the area, hence meaning they can go above the general height.

Haha Sidders, I wondered that too :PIt's suddenly hitting me what the scale of this is, that we're getting a B&M, a reliable ride, and something to look forward to and keep me entertained over the next few months :DThis is going to be a great addition to Thorpe, especially after the joke that is Storm Surge :rolleyes:

I was looking at the site last time I was on Inferno, thinking how wonderful it will be to look at one B&M whilst on another :(

I like both of these posts. it's only dawned on me recently that its another B&M for crying out loud. One of the best coaster companies in the world is being constructed less than an hour away then most of the members on this forum. Can't wait. :P