THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Does anyone know if THE SWARM will have a fastrack queue? and will you be able to buy fastracks for the ride in april? when saw first opened there was no fastrack queue for a few months. many thanks. TPJ.

I'm 100% certain there will be a fastrack queue (blooming money-grabbers :wub:) whether or not it will be available straight away, your guess is as good as mine!

Good God imagine a free-for-all at Thorpe! The images in my head of the typical GP aren't worth the trouble - I think I'd rather the exclusively Front-Seat queue myself, although I'd rather there be no Fastrack option for it, á la Stealth.

But but but. You have to queue so long for front rows in the UK. It works on Thirteen.. actually I've always wondered why the front row on Thirteen never has a queue. People just seem to avoid it.. anyway thats for another topic. Raptor works, with proper batching there isn't a reason why Swarm couldn't to. :wub:

Think cos on Thirteen you have to actually ask the host not a lot of people actually realise that they can wait for it... Besides Thirteen is of course superior in the back so it doesn't really matter ;)And yes Raptor's 'free-for-all' if it can be called as such worked fine, indeed what with only letting in 14 people on both sides at a time meant that spaces were all filled and the staff stopped anyone waiting behind anyone else... A team effort really but it really worked as it prevented a claustrophobic queue line and helped the baggage situation too...If I recall to the plans as well there were 3 distinct queue lines, so it's likely that it will incorporate (like Raptor) all 3 queues before the split up... Of course this does mean that Thorpe need to have good batchers, which is something that is sometimes a rarity in my experience unfortunately...

In my opinion, I see myself riding The Swarm more realistically than riding Leviathan. I've never been on a Hyper/Giga whatever classification Leviathan falls under so I can't really judge on what it's going to be like, so I'd say I much more excited for The Swarm and believe that, with all that hugely promising themeing, it should be far superior to Leviathan.

Swarm will be naturally more exciting to basically everyone here as it's local rather than £3000 away (AND in Canada)...But they are two very different rides and both excite me in their own separate ways... Leviathan because should it be well received it could hopefully push more B&M's breaking 300ft, and Swarm because it's showing how successful their WingRider concept is as well as being easily the best addition to the UK in yonks...

SR would depend entirely on how easy it is to implement it and if it would work well enough.Towers will almost always add single riders to their big attractions and plan for it (and its relatively expected of them now), whereas thorpe naturally have a different way of running.

Gonna mention I saw this from the M25 (for all of two seconds whilst going faster than Stealth) and with the AWFUL weather, it looks bloody good... Gonna be yet another ride that looks as fab in crap weather as in bright blue sky...Nom Nom Nom B&M <3

To further that, I saw the swarm from the M3, does look amazing, draws attention away from Stealth on the skyline.