Fright Nights 2012

JackR

Maxy pipe down before I warn you again.

Welcome Kel, glad to see a new member. :) Hope you have a good time at Fright Nights as I'm still unsure if I can make it this year! I swear it's something about Thorpe's bigger investments that curses my being able to go to the park - I didn't ride Saw until 2011 and haven't ridden The Swarm at all!

Based on previous Fright Nights experience, you can't really blame anyone for considering buying Fastrack especially when going with someone who hasn't been before... Kinda one of the reasons it does exist (even with the "HOW MUCH?" aspect and the inevitable overselling causing 3 hours queues on everything)...

How busy is it likely to be on the 13th? It's the second day of the event and it's a Saturday. I'm going a couple more times after that so I'm not bothered about what I get done, it's the people I'm going with that I'm more fussed about. Also, I'm interested to see what this twist on E10 turns out to be... It seems to have received very little attention what with all the fuss about The Passing.

Looks like we have a location! The sign is pretty fab actually, it beats the plastic sheets with logos printed on them *cough* Se7en *cough*.

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how this maze turns out, hopefully most of the maze won't consist of people screaming at you and running away. I wonder if you go in alone too..?

It certainly beats these two IMO:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It just looks a bit more permanent and a lot less tacky than those god awful plastic sheets... I just hope the sign lights up at night :wub:

There will more than likely also be a sign by the entrance of the queue as well so people don't get lost. It's also interesting to see that Thorpe have opted to keep Hellgate's old entrance. I wonder if the interior to The Passing will be all stone and cold passageways etc. a bit like this:

Posted Image

Although I wouldn't be surprised if it was a load of blank corridors that will be unthemed because you will have a bag over your head the whole time...

Cannot wait.

Something about this maze just has me in intrigued after seeing X10. I trust that Thorpe are not afraid to try something completely different, and providing the concept is solid, will carry it off with ease.

Compare this to AT's new maze and I'm really not expecting anything other than generic scary maze with twisted theme.

think the passing will be you going in on your own,

I'm pretty sure it WONT be because I have just booked my trip to Fright Nites and going on the First day(12th) and I've booked the passing for a 6PM go,and its in timed sections of 15 mins from 3PM so surely it cant be only 4 people an hr which would only be 24 people a day, Can you imagine the hundreds of complaints they would get from people turning up on the day seeing about the new maze/experience but only to be told, that you cant buy it because its advanced booking only and all sold out.

I have a feeling it will be played out "in court" style, and there will probably be a group of upto 10 of you(I'm guessing no more than that surely) and you will be trialed by excecution, you will then be lead to your death etc

I am generally looking forward to Fright Nites this year,I couldnt make it last year, but this year looks exciting with the new style maze/experience, and my first try of Experiement 10 where I was'nt able to go last year and try it, First Day will be excellent too, I did it once before in the past and crowds are pretty low so cant wait

I'm pretty sure it WONT be because I have just booked my trip to Fright Nites and going on the First day(12th) and I've booked the passing for a 6PM go,and its in timed sections of 15 mins from 3PM so surely it cant be only 4 people an hr which would only be 24 people a day, Can you imagine the hundreds of complaints they would get from people turning up on the day seeing about the new maze/experience but only to be told, that you cant buy it because its advanced booking only and all sold out.

...and more importantly, it wouldn't be profitable!

No idea if you will be alone throughout or not, but clearly you wouldn't be the only one in there for 15 mins. I think what people mean is it would be more likely you set off on your own at say one a minute / 30 second intervals and get passed along the actos/scenes, like a conveyer belt of terror. I doubt it lasts 15 mins either, this would merely be your time slot to manage queues (like all fast track should be!).