Fright Nights 2012

JackR

Ok I went yesterday, a couple of things I noticed were

• The Curse is up and ATM a hollow tent they are building the insides as I speak
  • Asylum had the work light on but I didn't see anybody
  • Hellgates site has a materials outsides, a large pile of 2 by 1 meter ply board sheets and a lot of large planks
  • Arena is empty
  • According to signs Samurai is not opening for fright nights but the 2013 season

I will supply LOADS of pics once I get back from school

I see the Freaky Fastrack this year only covers The Curse, Asylum and Experiment 10, and does not include Saw of the Passing! Yet it costs £14 this year!! My word!!

Despite the extortionate price, I don't blame Thorpe for not including The Passing. It's a payed for maze and the aggro of people claiming they should be allowed into without paying the price for the Passing because they have a fasttrack would be too much fuss. Hopefully, if the Scarefest payed mazes are anything to go by, the queues will be pretty minimal so a fasttrack would be pointless anyway.

I see the Freaky Fastrack this year only covers The Curse, Asylum and Experiment 10, and does not include Saw of the Passing! Yet it costs £14 this year!! My word!!

Where does it say this? Can't seem to find it on the website. To be fair, £14 works out as about £4.66 an attraction, which is about the same as Saw or front row Stealth, and cheaper than Swarm's, so in terms of Thorpe's pricing, it's pretty reasonable.

Do you think the Passing has actually been built yet?

It seems as though The Passing is in the old Hellgate location, which will mean the majority of the route is already there (I think there were some false walls?) - I wouldn't be surprised if there was still some old Hellgate theming in there as well. I'd expect that they're still 'building it' in the sense of adding theming, checking lighting and props and such.

One thing that's only just dawned on me is that in the logo of Passing, there's a tunnel with light at the end. Anyone who's been in Hellgate / the old X queue will probably remember a certain tunnel in there... (probably something that's been picked up by loads of people, but just me having a blonde moment :P )

It seems as though The Passing is in the old Hellgate location, which will mean the majority of the route is already there (I think there were some false walls?) - I wouldn't be surprised if there was still some old Hellgate theming in there as well. I'd expect that they're still 'building it' in the sense of adding theming, checking lighting and props and such.

I agree with you, but I have taken a picture of them with a large amount of boards and new planks meaning that it is partly being rebuilt or extensions?

I agree with you, but I have taken a picture of them with a large amount of boards and new planks meaning that it is partly being rebuilt or extensions?

At the time of Hellgates closing it was rumoured not to be because they wanted to replace it with a tent but because the inside was falling apart to the extent it was not safe. If that was the case a fairly substantial rebuild would be required anyway.

Think ill be giving Flight Nights a miss this year for many reasons: no preview day like 2nd October last year, fastrack only mazes, no more 10pm close, days restricted to half term, Friday to Sundays only when of course its too busy. Other unrelated things like the car park charge and no single rider Stealth put me off even more :angry:

I did go last year on preview day and it was amazing but I honestly don't think the park will match that this year!

Think ill be giving Flight Nights a miss this year for many reasons: no preview day like 2nd October last year, fastrack only mazes, no more 10pm close, days restricted to half term, Friday to Sundays only when of course its too busy. Other unrelated things like the car park charge and no single rider Stealth put me off even more :angry:

I did go last year on preview day and it was amazing but I honestly don't think the park will match that this year!

Fright nights 2011 was, in my opinion the best Fright nights the park has ever done.

For reasons you have stated above I don't think this years event will be as good as last years one but I am still going to go as many times as I can!

Looks interesting.

Something I am wondering though:

I'm sure the entrance to the first corridor in Asylum has been boarded up?

Didn't you used to go in and turn right at the sign which took you down a long corridor into the main room?

Whereas now it looks like you turn left instead.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I incorrect?