Fright Nights 2012

JackR

I'm pretty sure it WONT be because I have just booked my trip to Fright Nites and going on the First day(12th) and I've booked the passing for a 6PM go,and its in timed sections of 15 mins from 3PM so surely it cant be only 4 people an hr which would only be 24 people a day, Can you imagine the hundreds of complaints they would get from people turning up on the day seeing about the new maze/experience but only to be told, that you cant buy it because its advanced booking only and all sold out.

That's like saying there is only one group at a time in Asylum or E10. If going in alone is the case then there will be more than person at once, you just won't be all together. I personally think you will be going in alone, or there will be parts of it where you spend time with just the actors. The time slots probably just make throughput more manageable. A certain number of people at each time is easier than flocks of people turning up at once. I'm sure Thorpe have a theoretical throughput for the maze and they referred to it when deciding the number of tickets to allocate online. It wouldn't be much use being with your group if you have a bag over your head and you can't see either...

For most of the dates you can only advance book normal tickets anyway. The Passing is advertised pretty heavily on the website so I'm sure people will realise that they have to buy tickets for it there and then if they want access.

Due to the nature of this attraction, it is unsuitable for guests who are unable to walk unaided.

I just noticed this on the page for The Passing. I know the other mazes don't mind and have wheelchair access (although I'm not sure about X10), so perhaps its true we will need to enter on our own, or have to at least travel alone at some point.

The article on the homepage is interesting. Much like the SW7 face on the Alton Website, it has only appeared once for me but it said something alone the lines of 'People are vanishing in Thorpe's new maze. Be sure to check it out!' It was only a couple of lines but when you clicked 'see more' it directed you to the Fright Nights page where you could book tickets. All 5 mazes are also advertised on the front page. I'm hoping to see some more park wide themeing this year. Even some metal fencing or other stuff to hint towards a penitentiary would be good.

The park being a penitentiary really is being advertised. If you look on each of the 5 main coasters (I'll let you guess which ones they are ;) ) pages it mentions how you can experience it in the dark at Thorpe Park penitentiary in some form or another. Really hope this means the park will put some effort into park wide theming and add on the trial of roaming actors from last year. 1 week to go! :D

Looking at The Passing sign, I'm sure that it will light up. If you look closely you can see a wire dangling from the right hand side of the sign.

We will have to wait and see :)

As for the Fright nights version of the Thorpe website, it's good to see that they are doing this.

Let's hope we see some theming inside the ride stations this year - there hasn't been any for a few years now.

Let's hope we see some theming inside the ride stations this year - there hasn't been any for a few years now.

The limbless man with hooks in his eyes on Colossus is one of my fondest memories of Fright Nights. I also loved it when 'Hello froze over' in Inferno. Does anybody have any pictures actually?

Hopefully there will be some actors walking down that corridor, just so they can take your mind off of the 2D images on the wall that look a bit too large to be realistic...

But honestly, if there is some decent scenery in there and the scares/gimmicks are good enough, I think this will be an impressive attraction. I will be let down if they stick a bag over your head for about 30 seconds whilst you walk down a corridor and the rest of it is with a group just like the usual scare maze format though. If the maze is actually based around 'passing to the afterlife' however, then I don't suppose the whole thing will be based around walking past dead bodies like in the teaser picture. I would imagine that you will wander down that corridor as if you have just died, then the rest of the maze is about 'passing on' with some actual 3D scenery... I wonder how Thorpe will execute (no pun intended) your 'death' though?