Park Operations

Daniel.S313

^Is that in favour of fastrack, coming from a fastracker then? Getting front row of every other car is awful.

Don't blame poor retail benin, fastrack come under Marketing dept in all the parks bar lego, where it's concessions. Poor guys.

Just to point out that retail do not sell fastrack - sales do. Sales do not come under marketing they come under commercial.

Commercial is umbrella which includes Retail. Well, that's me proven wrong then.

Marketing run Sales & Info at towers, and pretty certain they run them at Chessie as well. But now I feel wrong ;)

At Thorpe, Commercial consists of retail, sales and f&b.

Marketing is a corporate department which does not have seasonal members of staff working on-park

Extended opening hours in August!

Beat the traffic and chill with a drink in the sunshine on the beach, plus enjoy selected rides until 9pm in the UK’s most epic beer garden*.

*excludes Summer Nights on 2nd & 3rd August, and Ministry of Sound club night on 17th August.

From Thorpe's website (the opening times part). This is just what the UK needs! :D Plus it's nice to see them working with the fact there is major roadworks going on on the Twynersh roundabout (Chertsey end) leading to a 4 way traffic light control which is causing chaos at peak times. I'm curious as to what the rides will be but this is still great news!

From Thorpe's website (the opening times part). This is just what the UK needs! :D Plus it's nice to see them working with the fact there is major roadworks going on on the Twynersh roundabout (Chertsey end) leading to a 4 way traffic light control which is causing chaos at peak times. I'm curious as to what the rides will be but this is still great news!

Thorpe really seem to be upping their game this year!

Just wondering, is this for every day in August or selected ones? I know it excludes summer nights but I am hoping to visit next week and was wondering if I will be able to stay on later?

might have to make use of my annual pass and get another visit in sometime this month, after the summer nights event tomorrow :)

and I'm guessing they're not continuing summer nights... although it won't be in the dark, a really nice way to keep customers happy and have some rides open later for no extra cost, and thorpe can try and make the most out of sales of food and drink etc.

>Specific rides open till 9pm

>Rides are likely to be Vortex and Depth Charge (according to TPM's own news article)

>Hype Train crashes

Well, the concept is alright... If it's only rides like Vortex and Depth Charge though it can be cast onto the good idea, poorly executed Merlin idea pile though...

Might be a case of enthusiasts hoping for Summer Nights style line-ups though... Maybe Fish and Swarm could be added to that then it's be more worthwhile...

if tpm believe vortex will be open due to it being 'close' to the beach area, surely zodiac, quantum and rush are closer haha... but would imagine X being open? considering summer nights have added tidal wave and storm surge to the lineup, could those be open - although all water rides isn't exactly great! a major coaster, with the swarm being the closest would be a good idea though, shall have to wait and see... guessing sunday is to be the first night?

although looking at the way it's worded 'Beat the traffic and chill with a drink in the sunshine on the beach, plus enjoy selected rides until 9pm in the UK’s most epic beer garden' it's not advertised as being any special event for rides, just more of a way to chill with a drink or two... so I will calm down and not expect many rides at all :rolleyes:

if tpm believe vortex will be open due to it being 'close' to the beach area, surely zodiac, quantum and rush are closer haha... but would imagine X being open? considering summer nights have added tidal wave and storm surge to the lineup, could those be open - although all water rides isn't exactly great! a major coaster, with the swarm being the closest would be a good idea though, shall have to wait and see... guessing sunday is to be the first night?

Am hoping to go on Tuesday and Wednesday next week and am wondering if its worth staying the extra 2 hours for the rides- if anyone gets down before then please can you let me know as if there aren't any of the big rides open I won't bother staying the later hours.

I was/am hoping this will be like summer nights- the park really needs longer hours anyway so it would be nice if they could at least open up some of the big rides. Not sure if they will do this though however I am hoping they will add in stealth and the swarm to the line up :)

sorry for double post...

they have now advertised it on their facebook and through comments have confirmed that vortex, detonator and the beach will be open, didn't seem open ended as if more were to be announced.

Shame really, may stay for a while longer just to chill on the beach and have a couple more rides on detonator as I have a feeling it won't be too busy. I really think they should have put a bit more of an effort to open a couple more, they could have easily opened up depth charge and X aswell!

THORPE PARK Official [/size]Detonator will be open too And the BEACH![/size]

that was a reply comment from thorpe... where I got detonator being open from as well.

has anyone else thought that these have been chosen due to only 2 staff are needed to operate each ride, whereas most of the other rides require more?

Aha! That seems possible! However I think quantum could run on 2 staff members and rush could maybe run with 2 staff members aswell? If chessington can run black buccaneer and monkey swinger on 1 member of staff(although it makes operations extremely slow) I'm sure thorpe can run rush and quantum on 2 staff members :D

Really had no idea where to put this, but here seems like an okay-ish place...

The 446 bus, which passes the park, had a timetable change last Saturday, and now goes into the park at selected times (for the first time since about 2009/2010!). Also, if you get a bus from or to Chertsey or Staines, they go a special £1 fare each way (which I think is £1 cheaper than the Thorpe Park Express). I dunno how closely Abellio and Thorpe operate, if at all, but I assume there must have been a reason why the 446 route stopped going into the park?

Here's the timetable, for anyone interested - http://www.abellio.co.uk/ufiles/file/timetables/Route%20446%20timetable.pdf

Speaking of buses, the 950 is not on top form today. Was stood in the full cattlepen bus queue, with it spilling all the way back into the main entrance plaza, and 40 minutes passed without a single bus leaving or entering the park. Nothing to be seen. In August, on a 10k+ day, 5 minutes after closing time, in 30 degree heat. Slightly uncomfortable... especially when you know even after you get on the bus with no air con, you'll be in gridlock just trying to get out the car park anyway. They need to sort out their entrance sooner rather than later.