Park Operations

Daniel.S313

Good opening hours all round. 

I agree that Fright Nights should go back to 10pm, even if it's just FN attractions and coasters that stay open till then. I would presume that the main issue is staffing. 

The park is open till the first weekend of November, which seems later, but just coincides with the dates of local half terms.

14 hours ago, Cal said:

I'd love to see the return of a 10pm closing event during summer but I doubt that'll happen due to demand unfortunately. 

I hope they can build towards that. Tbf in the current UK park landscape, 7pm is still pretty good though.

It's interesting that no Carnival (or indeed, any summer) event is advertised currently. I wonder if last year's event schedule was too much for the teams involved?

14 hours ago, Cal said:

Also, the Sunday opening this year is strange? But I assume thats due to a buyout day on the Saturday.

Could also potentially mean an Annual Pass day on the Saturday. 

Equally, there could be a long-shot suggestion of Saturday being the opening of Hyperia, meaning longer opening hours or, again, the potential for AP previews.

• 2 months later...

Out of interest, what have operations and ride availability been like at Thorpe Park this year?

It seems like both Alton Towers and Chessington have been struggling, with sporadic ride availability, reduced capacity on many attractions and a number of rides still closed, but I haven’t heard too many similar horror stories from Thorpe Park this season. To my knowledge, Samurai is the only ride still closed, and that’s only due to the paint job over-running slightly, meaning that it should be open soon.

I’ve also heard relatively good things about Thorpe’s operations this year.

Are things OK at Thorpe on the operations and availability front so far this year?