Universal Studios Florida

Mark9

• 3 months later...

In Universal Orlando news, Transformers had team previews on the 28th of May and has AP previews over the coming month alongside soft openings. Part of the Simpsons area has opened up as well.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2013/06/01/first-look-inside-krusty-burger-moes-and-more-first-phase-of-simpsons-expansion-now-open-at-universal-studios-florida/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Whilst this may not be the exact layout/elements of Gringotts, it really makes you wonder what could be in store. It also answers the question of a recent article about where will roller coasters end up in the future. If Gringotts turns out to be anything like this then what an experience we have in store!

http://youtu.be/r56nK9PwtEo

Edited by pluk
embedded vid. Please use Media BB code.

Whilst this may not be the exact layout/elements of Gringotts, it really makes you wonder what could be in store. It also answers the question of a recent article about where will roller coasters end up in the future. If Gringotts turns out to be anything like this then what an experience we have in store!

http://youtu.be/r56nK9PwtEo

That's a great design! Wish we could get one in the Uk.

But with all those elements wouldn't that result in the ride having a low throughput and with something that will be as popular as the Harry Potter IP resulting in very long lines.

But with all those elements wouldn't that result in the ride having a low throughput and with something that will be as popular as the Harry Potter IP resulting in very long lines.

There is no way on earth they wouldn't have thought of that, throughput management would be very heavily considered in the design. How they've overcome it I do not know, but they will have done, possibly with the ride splitting at certain points.

• 2 months later...

I have to say Universal Studios has improved so much since my last visit in 2009! With Potter opening at IOA, it really seems to have kicked Uni into gear which is fantastic.

Firstly all the new stuff: Despicable Me is so much better than Jimmy Neutron which was heavily dated, and anything with Minions is awesome. Enough said. Rockit, although not new this time around it is actually working as it's meant to now. The moving platform has led to a high throughput coaster, the trains seem a lot smoother than they were in 2009, and it breaks down much less. A great coaster for a great park (it is beautiful at night). Transformers, people say oh this is the exact same thing as the one in Hollywood. That's nice, I haven't done the one in Hollywood and if I ever do I will love it, no bad thing cloning a great dark ride is there? The fact you can meet a real life Megatron or Bumblebee is still awesome in my eyes! That's like a dream for so many kids (as well as meeting a minion). And because of Macy's parade, the All Star Parade wasn't on so every half hour one of either Despicable Me, Hop, Dora, or SpongeBob from the parade would come out on their float and do a little song and dance just outside the Horror Movie Make Up Show and then you would get to meet the characters. It was a real surprise but a great one. So in just 4 years, the park has added a decent amount of new attraction all of which are top notch. And not forgetting Springfield! That was great to walk through and go into Moes or Krusty Burger. Oh and Universal Cinematic Spectacular! A great after park show with fireworks, fountains (not like BPB) and projections through water, plus the voice of Morgan Freeman.

Both my days at Universal Studios were fantastic and I think it may have become my favourite park, I just fear that Diagon Alley will push all the crowds to the park which already is the busier, no doubt it will be good but it could really ruin how amazing the park has made itself. Only time will tell but for now, go Uni!

• 4 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to post this,

An original piece of theming, the 'velociraptor cage' element is currently on sale on eBay. I noticed it earlier when universal UK posted it. It currently stands at....

$99,900.10

Anyone want it? :P

Linky - http://www.ebay.com/itm/JURASSIC-PARK-Velociraptor-Cage-Crate-1993-Original-Screen-Used-Movie-Prop-/390756055657?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5afae03a69

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

HUGE BUMP

Right, so Universal trialled metal detectors at the entrance to HRRR last week meaning guests couldn't take ANYTHING in the queue other than themselves and clothes. Even if you had zipped pockets, phones, change, glasses with or without the strap were to be put in a locker or non rider. People thought this might be in an attempt to remove loose items from all the large coasters so they can possibly get the dragons duelling again. Well this week...

IMG_5382.JPG

Hulk got a new queue extension!

IMG_5384.JPG

With metal detectors

IMG_5385.JPG

And this guy. 

IMG_5363.JPG

Ministry of Magic says no.

IMG_5369.JPG

So yeah, the test has moved onto Hulk and Dragon Challenge (no more photos of the lovely queues :( ) Some people think it's related to the gun incident but then surely that'd be at the entrance of the parks. This is purely a continuation of the trial

IMG_5393.JPG

Ha. Disney hate. (http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/04/10/metal-detectors-installed-universal-orlando-roller-coasters/

ylYmKoP.jpg

Oh, and the officially confirmed by Comcast CEO secret not confirmed King Kong attraction is coming along nicely :)

WmjF3Ol.jpg