Reserve n Ride

Marc

what a load of rubbish this system is!! you wait and hour for your ride then you have to wait another 30 mins to get on the ride after the time is up! might as well just normally queue. Really hope this system doesn't get made permanent

I've noticed that some rides have a tendency to lead to longer queues than others after the virtual wait. All comes down to the merge point.

Presumably the 30 minute wait after the virtual queue was for Swarm? It's on one train and they let too many into the station in my opinion..

Also, what did you manage to do in your hour of virtual waiting? If you did even one ride, then it's better than waiting 90 minutes in the ride's standby queue.

The thing is, RnR works much better on the newer rides that where it joins right near the front but the main problem is on Colossus and Nemesis Inferno when you enter with the fast pass queue which is quite far back. Its even worse for Colossus when it is on one train and basically makes it the same as the normal queue.

• 4 weeks later...

Used RnR again today; once again, I had no troubles with the system.  It seemed the system was being used more since the virtual waits were around the hour mark during the busier part of the day (which is a lot longer than on previous visits this season).  Of course, it could just mean they've reduced the allocation number...

However, a slight issue I had today was I couldn't log into my account.  I tried logging in with my email address (which I've used every time I've used RnR since it started), but today, it wouldn't let me use that email, and the staff member trying to log me in said it was because I had used that account before.  Not sure if they're just having some troubles with the system at the moment, but it seems silly that I couldn't use my pre-existing account even though I've used it a few times this season?  It was an easily resolved problem, as the staff member just added a 1 into my email address, and created a new account, but it still seems like a silly idea.

I did send feedback off through the system about it, asking for it to be looked into, but I assume I won't know if the issue is resolved since the account is logged into a non-existent email address!

Well at the moment RnR isn't have anywhere near a significant impact so using it is sensible. So few people are the main queues aren't that much inflated. Yesterday you could wait virtually for Saw at 1 hour or queue physically for an hour. In that hour we virtually waited we did Fish, got some ice cream, Rocky and could have done more but we didn't see the point in rushing. If it doesn't pick up much in popularity then it'll be great to use at FN for those that do! It will no doubt just remain on the 5 coasters, the mazes were a disaster no doubt. 

Well my pass has run out and I have no intention of returning. Good bye reserve and ride. I don't have to worry about you ruining my day again.

The only benefit of having a pass these days are for the preview nights. The FN preview night last year was extremely good(bar the horrendous wait for S13) and the IAC preview night this year was great fun with minimal waiting times.

Apart from that there is no point having a pass anymore as to attend any special events there is always an event fee which is extremely annoying(£10 for fright nights is particularly excessive) and attending on a day-to-day basis doesn't seem worthwhile anymore as queues are always a nightmare on park due to the amount of broken/closed rides and those which are open are short staffed or operating on low capacity.

I know the pass isn't particularly expensive at the outset however it does add up after all the event costs here and there which you are having to pay. The fact that RNR has been incorporated for the whole of fright nights like last year will not end well and also means there is less incentive to pay a £10 event fee to experience mazes with 7 hour waits(5hours virtually followed by 2 hours standby). Even if RNR is operating on the coasters it will still have a bad effect on the mazes as it means there will be an increased capacity standing in maze queuelines resulting in larger queues of 3-4hours+.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RnR was never using an app, that would have cost them too much money to develop a very simple app for the operating systems of phones. Instead they are just using a website to deal with requests which at the moment is still up.

An app would have been way superior to the system they are currently using.

According to thorpes Twitter RnR is not running over fright nights.

Be a shame if they just completely gave up on the system like that.  The idea could work out in some ways, even if it's just for a Fastrack replacement (make the system digital rather than paper - advertise it as being environmentally friendly or something).  

Would be interested to hear what the general response to the system from the public was.

You do realise RNR is the same as BPB Speedypass Mobile? And Speedypass the same a qbot at legoland?

Accesso signed a new supply contract with Merlin earlier this year, a seven year one, reading between the lines, the plan is to roll out their 'virtual queuing' devices to ALL the parks and London attractions by 2017.

You do realise RNR is the same as BPB Speedypass Mobile? And Speedypass the same a qbot at legoland?

Accesso signed a new supply contract with Merlin earlier this year, a seven year one, reading between the lines, the plan is to roll out their 'virtual queuing' devices to ALL the parks and London attractions by 2017.

Yes, having collected data from all 3 sites, I am well aware they are provided by the same company and all use the same system. Virtual queueing doesn't work at the moment in parallel with the standby queue because queue times are not estimated accurately enough, and we still aren't quite at the stage where everyone has a device powerful enough to access the site.