Reserve n Ride

Marc

On Friday there was a guy with a microphone talking throughout the Dome about RnR and its benefits. It was also being advertised on the screens in the Dome and there were lots of staff on hand to help people out. The thing of your account getting loads of people on it could be the staff member who scanned your passes and then any further passes they scanned were going onto your account instead of the people it was meant to. 

The RnR queues are likely to be shorter anyway... they do get a higher throughput than the standby queue. At least 50% of the throughput is (or certainly has been) for RnR, then the rest divided up between Fastrack, disabled and main queue so the RnR queues will be shorter a lot of the time.

Used it today (Monday 15th). It was easier to use than I thought and we didn't have to queue at all. Think I only saw one other person using it the whole day though. Thorpe definitely need to advertise it more if they want to find out if it really works, I probably wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't spotted it on the website.

One time I decided not to use it yesterday, I was walking to the merge point and a few RnR users were put in front of me. I laughed.

I only really knew to activate RnR in the Dome from here. I entered the Dome and there were some reps but it wasn't clear where I was supposed to go. They had some leaflets but they weren't actively advertising the system.

Maybe people don't want the extra hassle to their trip?

It's something that's dominated WDW, but that's a two week one off holiday, not a day trip to Thorpe...

Perhaps people also have been annoyed with the previous trials and don't see the point?

Lots of reasons why people aren't using it, short of Thorpe essentially forcing everyone to use it...

I had the joy of using RnR today, and it was a very good experience. Not many people knew about it due to the amount of school trips today so it was really like a free fastrack to skip the 60 minute queues for the coasters. My only complaint is the scanners are designed really badly so they let light in and it takes a while to scan, but other than that it was very good. (Just remember a portable charger - or two!)

• 2 weeks later...

Reserve n Ride will be returning form the 6th July for a further weeks trail. 

Thorpe Park will be holding a Q&A with us and we would love to get some of your questions to the park - please message me directly with any questions you have and we will get the best put to the park!

• 2 weeks later...

what a load of rubbish this system is!! you wait and hour for your ride then you have to wait another 30 mins to get on the ride after the time is up! might as well just normally queue. Really hope this system doesn't get made permanent 

Exactly what I (and others) have been saying all along.  It only works when the park is so quiet it shouldn't be needed anyway!