Thorpe Park Trip Reports

did you go yesterday a kid?

Yeah.

what were qeues like A-KID?

40 - 50 on most, 60 on Saw at peak. Park was really busy too. But everything worked perfectly. SRQ's never went beyond 5 - 10 mins.Thorpe is rather predictable, so obviously we plan and time everything we do. Seems to work most visits...

I'm not going to do a proper trip report from today, but there is something I will point out about my day. Next to the Chief Ranger's Carousel a family of coloured people were causing trouble. From what I gathered, I think the family had drugs or something and then the ride operator for Chief Ranger's Carousel called security on them. The security came and there was a huge argument between security and the "leader" of the family. When the "leader" calmed down a female from the group started shouting at security. She also started throwing insults at the ride operator of Chief Ranger's Carousel. The female operator was very upset by this and was taken away in tears. The (10 man/woman) security then had to bring in police. The lady in the family then started accusing the security of being racist, as they took the white ride operators side over her's when they clearly knew it was the coloured lady's fault anyway, after this there was nothing security could do as they were being accused of racism so they didnt want to get into trouble.

As promised, a trip report and queue times,Ride queue times (at peak)SAW: 75minsColossus: 70minsNemesis Inferno: 75minsStealth: 45minsLoggers: 60minsSAW (single rider): Max of 15mins.Rush: 30minsSamurai: 40minsVortex: 15minsZodiac: 20minsX: 45minsSlammer: 15minsRide CountSAW: 6Stealth: 8 (2 at front)Colossus: 1Nemesis Inferno: 2Detonator: 2Samurai: 1Loggers: 1Slammer: 1Flying Fish: 1Time Voyagers: 1Vortex: 1Storm in a Teacup: 2Total: 27 rides.Highpoints.Flying phone on Stealth.Getting a high ride count.Some excellent staff members.Moto X Riders were great!LowpointsSome quite rude and unhelpful staff mebers, for example, when I was handing my bags in the man behind the counter gently threw the black wristband at me, I wasn't it expecting this and didn't catch it, and becuase the wrist band was black it was hard too see where it was, and the man was like "can't you catch?" anyway no other bad things to say today.Disgusting PointsWithin 20mins, two people had thrown up on SAW one of which I saw, and happend to be sitting next to me on the ride! luckily he didn't hurl untill we were off the ride. :PExcellent Staff MembersMy thanks are to James and Aimee, both really good fun, talking to us and just generally being really friendly, Aimee was at the drinks refill stand infron of the the Canada Creek toilets and James was controlling the queue on SAW e.g. letting single riders up the stairs, sending Fastrack up and sending the main queue up.Excellent day today, for everyone going tomorrow, you will be fine with queues, head to Stealth first though.

There's not much to post about my trip. The queues were long but quite reasonable, especially as it's still the summer holidays etc. Managed to ride SAW again which I loved more than ever, felt completely different and a lot more enjoyable.Stealth felt a lot faster and was really enjoyable :PSamurai in the rain is great! Short setting but really flung me around.This was my ride count, from what I can remember...Slammer - 1.Rocky Express - 1.SAW - 1.Nemesis Inferno - 1.Loggers Leap - 1.Samurai - 2.Zodiac - 1.Rush - 1.X - 1.Stealth - 1.I think that was pretty much it. Not great tbh but it was still an enjoyable day and the queues were pretty hefty so doing 10 rides was quite alright :P hoping to go again for Fright Nights and I shall try and ride the ones I didn't on friday. The arena show was brilliant as well, some really good stunts and everything, good show!Pictures up shortly :P

Strange day yesterday ;) Left the house thinking I'd be home at 7:30- 8:00, but I'll get to this later.I had a great day yesterday but as usual it wasn't down to the park, however the park was better than usual and I'd rate it "okay" for yesterday, maybe even " good" :PFirstly, we arrived, for 10 , seeing as it is showed on the website as opening at 10, opened at 9:30...But oh well.Can't remember the order of anything that happened but here's some key points.Lockers: These are unbelievable, At first , we thought they'd be refundable, I mean come on, it's a locker, you have to make various trips to them wherever you use them. But no, I think we must've spent like £3 just on a locker.Yesterday I had the privilege of having Ride Exit Pass' , 12 ( between 4 of us) to be exact, this was a gesture of goodwill from Thorpe Park because of my terrible day a few weeks ago, and I appreciated this very much, bit of a bummer though that they couldn't be used on Saw, but I can see why not.I got an unbelievable ride on Samurai yesterday, lasted ages and is the wildest/ most intense ride on it I've had in a while.Saw was running well, with most effects working I could remember , including the body. And yes it's great that the fountain on the body is working now , but it looks terrible. Rather than the stream's of water shooting up like before, it's like one of those little pond fountain's if you know what I mean and I just think it was a hell of a lot better the way they used to shoot up.Stealth, began the day unavailable but was running at 11 I think , and didn't see an issue since.Not many other key points, and I would do a better trip report I just can't remember , and I think if you carry on reading , you'll find out why!So Ride Count for ThorpeSawSlammerRushQuantumColossusSamuraiLoggers LeapNemesis Inferno x 2Rumba RapidsStealthA couple more I think.Also , the majority of area/ride music is now back , however there are still a hell of a lot of posters etc about Sun Scream.Oh , one more thing , the Refill drink things are actually quite good value which I've never realised before, at £3.99 if you have an annual pass.Ok , so we were planning on staying till closing ( 6) , but we were bored and had done everything we wanted by 4, and weren't prepared to que in 45 minute+ queue's At 4 , we were actually considering going to Chessington , even for the last hour, but we decided against it. We also considered The Dungeons but that needs pre-bookings and it closed at 5.30.So what did we decide to do , you ask ?We decided to drop off our car at a friends house and get the train into London and do the London Eye at night.Had I known how much travelling would be involved I would have objected. 40 minutes to my friend's house, 10 minutes to train station , 40 minutes on train , 20 minute walk and bam , your at the London eye.I'd only done the London Eye once before in the day so I was really looking forward to it, but the highlight of the WHOLE day was " The Merlin Entertainments London Eye 4D experience" I thought this was unbelievable, a completely free, 4d show. It lasts about 5 minutes but the effects are fantastic and it's the best addition Merlin have made including any park, anything. If your in London , and don't even want to go on the Eye, go and see this.So it was now about 8:45 and the Eye closed at 9 , so we hopped into our pod and went on our journey. Got some great pictures which I'll share later :PSo then after that, 20 minutes back to the train station , 40 minutes back to friends house, we were now 2 hours away rather than being 1 hour:10 mins away if we had stayed at Thorpe.I didn't get in till 1 , but still an unforgettable evening. I think next time I go on a trip with those people, I better take my passport!Pictures being added very soon.Edit: Here ya go Posted ImageNoone has this picture!Posted ImageThese are still upPosted ImageMe "trying" to be artyPosted ImageStupid Samurai, ruining a good picture!Posted ImageAww, beloved Quatum , actually it's being run on a really short setting at the moment, much shorter and less intense than ever in my opinion.Posted ImageThe EyePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAnd that it, hope you enjoyed.

Trip Report 2/09/09Wow, what can I say?Even though Sun Scream's over, I do believe Thorpe have done it again this time round.This time I went with my dad, my brother and my friend luka.We left at 9:00, hoping to get there at 9:30, nice and early for a 10:00 opening.We arrived to find that it had already opened, and found out it opened at 9:30.Oh well, Colossus was still a walk-on even though Saw was shut, (although advertised as a 5-min queue), never mind.We got off Colossus to find Saw had opened. Nice 15-min queue, it moved incredibly fast, I swear they're managing the queues differently now.We went over to Nemesis to recieve the fastest ride on it that I had ever had. (it felt like it anyway)Stealth was shut so we had our lunch on Rumba Rapids to make up the time we would of had waiting(yes, we had our lunch at 10:30, but it was cool having it on the Rapids nevertheless)We went back to Stealth and ate the rest of our lunch next to the Diner, when we heard over the PA: Stealth is now back in operation, blah blah blah, so me and my dad dropped our cheese rolls and ran to the queue. it had really built up by the time we got to the front row, the view of the queueline you get on the front row is amazing! :( The queues had built up by this point, Colossus being a prime example of 70 mins, (20 mins more than Saw ironically)So we went on the Banana Boat for a laugh, having the most fun on it in ages!We got some donuts (can't get enough of them!), and ate them next to Nemesis on the rocks in the pouring rain which lasted for about 5 mins.Loggers was advertised as 20 mins but it turned out to be 5 mins as dispatches were running incredibly fast. I actually noticed the bear behind the trees (before you get to the main lift), which I hadn't before so I'm proud of myself :( Then came Slammer. It slammed real good! (please, PLEASE do not read that the wrong way)After a visit to the W.C. we all went on Rush. It was advertised as 30 mins but we got on in 5! (been really lucky this day)We couldn't be bothered to do anything other than Saw but as we couldn't be bothered to wait 45 mins, we got fastrack instead. This ride gave my dad a blinding headache, so he waited outside X while we did Samurai-which turned out to be THE BEST ride I have had on it. Maybe it was the fast 20 min queue, or the can of Relentless I had after Saw, but it was amazing.It was now 4pm and my dad wanted to hit the road, so we had one last ride on Flying Fish, where Luka told me a really funny joke and I was just laughing the whole way through, I couldn't stop!Great end to a great day :( RC:Saw x2Colossus x1Nemesis x1Rapids x1Stealth "Banana Boat x1Donuts x5 :( Loggers x1Slammer "Rush "Samurai "Flying Fish "Unfortunately cannot get pictures at this time, sorry

Exclusive ride time.

I went today.after school I arrived at 4:15 ish.I got on slammer with a 10 minute queue then Colossus with a 5 minute queue with a saw 5 minute single rider.I then got on saw 7 times in 25 minutes after the park closed for an ERS.so 3 rides in 1:30 isnt that bad and the ERS was brill

Sam how many times do I have to tell you spelling and grammar!