Thorpe Park Trip Reports

• 2 weeks later...

Thorpe Park 13/10/07 with James, Beth, Martin and Gemma!After Chessie in the day, [and leaving Chessie at 1], we arrived at Staines at 3.15! [the Waterloo to Reading train thought it would be funny to go around Kingston, New Malden, Norbiton, Strawberry Hill, and finally Staines!We got into park at about 3.30, and met Martin & Gemma, and we split up, with me, Martin and Gemma going to Asylum, and Beth and James going for Stealth. The queue for Asylum was around in the Fungle queue cattlepen, and after queuing for a good three hours [round from the massive Fungle cattlepen, over past Fungle console, and down into the Asylum cattlepen area], we finally went in. We where batched with 3 girls who we got talking with, and I found Asylum great. We then walked over to Inferno [VIP pass <_<], even though it had a small queue, and spoke to the op for a bit. We headed over to Samurai, and again used the exit. After this we went over to CCR, rode it once. As we headed over to X, we tried to find an easy way to X without going round Collosucks, but accidently, we found ourselves at Hellgate, and as we where therem a group of girls who where being batched needed 2 other people, so me and Martin went on, in front of a 3 hour queue, no VIP pass needed:DRide Count:Samurai x1Hellgate x1Asylum x1Inferno x1CCR x1X x3Dragon Falls x3Fury x1Tomb Blaster x1Vampire x1Runaway Train x1Rattlesnake x1Bubbleworks x1Rameses x1Cheers for great day guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Went yesterday and had a pretty good time. Ambulance came through Ranger County from Samurai at about 2, hope thats not serious. As expected, it was busy:Stealth: 2 and half hours all day.Colossus: 2 hours by day and 90 mins by night.Nemesis Inferno: 2 hours all day.Rush: 2 hours all day, 80 mins by night.Slammer: 1 hour all dayDetty: 1 hour all dayVortex: 1 hour all dayZodiac: 60 - 75 mins all daySamurai: 90 mins all dayX:\NWO: 100 mins all dayLoggers: 45 - 90 mins all dayDepth Charge: 45 mins all day.Asylum: 3 hours all dayHellgate: 2 and half hours all daySe7en: 90 mins all daySo yeah, no Horror mazes for me yesterday. I think even Mr.Monkeys got to 40 mins at one point.Samurai was amazing at night, as was Rush! Liked it when Rumba broke, and there were 10 boats all queueing up beside the lft at the end. we left, came back, and there were about 16 boats there before it fixed.Samurai -1Stealth -2 Colossus -2Nemesis Inferno -3Detonator -1Loggers -2Slammer -1Tidal Wave -2Rush -2X -2Fish -2Rumba -1Depth Charge -1Mr.Monkeys -1Rocky -1Fungle -1Think we did pretty well to get on what we did! =DUploading pictures now, didnt get much day shots due to it being dull and grey.

Erm just a quick TR from yesterday:Park was at capacity meaning having some great fun with 20 odd thousand other people! Staff on most rides were working there arses off to keep the qs to a respectable level, in particular Stealth. Ride Count:Hellgate x 1Se7en x 1Colossus x 1Stealth x 2 (both front)Samurai x 1Rush x 2Loggers x 1 Fish x 1Detonator x 1NEMMEEESIS inferno x 1Rocky x 1And still have priority pass's ready for thorpe blast :)

Seeing the park in day and night, they staff are, exactly as Marc put it, simply amazing. Stealth was being dispatched every 35 seconds, destroying the 40 second countdown every single time. Albeit, from my viasit to Chessington today, the staff did look pretty disillused at their job. Tbh, don't blame them.We do the Monster Mash!

ha ha! good old fright nights.... got to the park at 11:15 got in at 11:30 and... heres my day count:Rush: 1Stealth: 2Slammer: 3Samurai: 1Colossus: 1Nemesis inferno: 1Vortex: 2Loggers Leap: 1Tidal Wave 1Rumba Rapids: 1Depth Charge: 1Flying Fish: 1Zodiac: 1X:/ No way Out: 1And well only 1 Fright Nights Attarction:The Asylum: 1Only with the help of Mr. Fastrtack did I get to leave at 7:30 and made an hour and a half journey home.... back into central london, to stay with my mum. :P :P :)

Yesterday I took my final visit to thorpe for this season. Had a good day despite the weather and crowd. Well we arrived at 9:40am and managed to get a decent parking place, park opened at 10am and we headed over to rush with a grand 10 minute queue. The park was lovely and empty up until 12ish, then it became packed. We joined the queue for the asylum at 3:15 which was a very wise choice as by 4:00 the queue looked to be unbearable. Didn't get on as many rides as I'd have liked to because we left at 5:30 (this wasn't my choice). Anyways heres the ride count-Rush-1Colossus- 1Slammer-1Nemesis Inferno-1Stealth-2 (both single rider, due to a large queue line)Rumba Rapids-2Teacups-1Fish-1Detonator-1Asylum- 1 I'm pretty sure that was it . :) Well this was my 1st fright night I've been to and I was rather impressed. The asylum was amazing, and the audio and themeing seems impressive to. I also very much liked the fire shooting out of thorpe entrance. I was angry not to get on any night rides as from outside the park the lighting looked great! Oh well theres always next year :P .Once we'd left the park we spent about 30 minutes trying to rememeber where we'd parked the car, it was dark and raining so I wasn't all too pleased that we'd lost it. lol.

Stealths countdown was broken on Friday, but I s'pose when things brake they can be fixed. Staff were excellent on Friday, except for the ones on the fish but I wont get into that :).The Colossus and Stealth staff were actually amazing on Friday, fastest dispatch times ive ever seen on a rollercoaster, just like seb said. They seemed very enthusiastic in getting trains through the station very quickly, which I really liked.Pics soon, I promise!

Woo my last TR of the year!Scary how fast this years gone tbh I personally cant beleave it but there ya go! Went with Ian, Mike, Joe, Dann and Chrissy AND ALEX AND MARK!Today was great, got there for opening waited for mike to turn up got in park headed straght to stelath front row which was a nice start of the day, did teacups which were fun, untill I lost my phone but meh well, **** happens! Went to guest services to cancel my phone and was plesently surprised at how helpfull they actually were. After that its a sort of blur, rode almost everything and was a good laugh! The park atmosphire was electric, espicially Colossus with some cheesy music, never had so much fun on the ride!Thanks guys for great day!

My Tr from the day (Or Mark goes to Thorpe shocker)Thorpe's rather boring isn't it? Lucily there was some awesome people there to have a laugh with but other then that Thorpe is incredibly boring. Rides I probably enjoyed the most was Nemesis Inferno, Flying Fish and X:\ No Way Out. Yes thats right. And yesterdays trip made 4th trip in a row that Detonator has been closed for 90% of the day, stopping me from getting a ride. :mellow: Apart from that though there was a nice atmosphere on park with staff happy that they get to leave, and guests happy that queues were quite short. Allowing that the firework dispaly was ok, although a distinct lack of red and an announcer who couldn't manage to rile up the 8000+ crowd.

• 3 months later...

Today was quite good, was cool to see some peeps. Sorry I didn't really walk about or anything but I had my friend with me. I got on most of the rides apart from Zodiac & Colossus, which I don't care about! Sorry I didn't really speak to Phill, Alex or Marc, I get shy, but was cool seeing you in real life and not talking on MSN! :) So yeh.. it was a good day.. and sorry Phill for pulling your hair!Also dare I say it.. it was nice meeting up with Seb and going on Slammer with him!

Started the day with the..hour long queue for tickets and ap's =\. It actually killed me.Because of this, I got in at about 10.20, so walked down, saw queues, still small, and found James, Mike and Beth! generally that is who I spent most of the day with, but was really fun meeting up with people and having Teacups group ride! After the meetup and Teacups, most people went of into their own groups. Ohh yeah, and Holly ran off afterI mentioned the words "Lets ride Stealth". So we all went and stood around in KFC blah blah. Didint ride too much but meh, never really vared too much about rides, was all about seeing eachother really! Queues were bigger than expected, and Stealth, Colossus (even though it wasnt thorpes fault with Colossus) and Nemesis all being on 1 train, and X only on 2 didnt help too much really. Stealth and Nemesis front row were amazing! Erm, the meetup went well, everyone who was meant to be there was there I think? Tidal has a sort of tent thing on its splash area, and scaffolding by the drop. Rush only has 2 restraintless seats on, and one of the swings is off and just sitting there, all stripped. We found the other seats sitting in the arena later. Nothing going on with Detonator, I presume its still waiting for its cables. Never really saw in CC or what was with Samurai, as I never went up past the Colossus Cobra Roll.NEW things at Park:- Vortex has new restraints- New wooden bins - Thorpe Annual Pass now being sold for £64- Rumbas entrance has been cleaned- Colossus's Medusa pit was WORKING!- Quantum was open :P- Nemesis Infernos wheel covers have been cleaned- Infernos red wooden chips have returned :)- Tidal bridge has been re-paved (if thats a why to describe it?)Only got on:Stealth x1Inferno x2Quantum x1Vortex x1Teacups x2 :PBut meh.Pictures!Todays pictures are here: Click me!Theres 77 of them so if you want to see them, you can, theres a mix of maintenence stuff and general stuff in there.

Right well a Mark report. After queueing 40 minutes to get Peter and his friends tickets we emerged into Thorpe and took about 40 minutes deciding what to ride. Like a lot of people we had seriously misjudged how busy it was going to be.. well I had anyway. All credit to Thorpe though, only one of its rides proposed to be open was closed and even that opened albeit for the odd few hours. The park looked very decent, clean and presentable.My only criticism of the day was the slow ride staff however its understandable given theres a lot of new people starting that day. Another criticism of the day was the.. sort of.... well ok here goes.I'm bored of Thorpe. There I said it. After 5-6 years of visiting none of the rides interest of thrill me anymore. Inferno front row, meh, Vortex yawn, Slammer oww, Stealth long queues, Quantum *sighs*. None of it interests me anymore. So whilst Thorpe delivered everything it promised, full ride availability, a clean well presented park and a reinvigorated Quantum, I probably won't be visiting again this year. :)