Thorpe Park Trip Reports

^I believe to recall the staff saying NOT to tell anyone about the problem with Stealth so maybe it would be best to not post it on a site.I was on the second front row of the day on Stealth yesterday, sixth people to ride it! (It was COVERED in dead flies and I got fly smush all over my back and hands.) Stealth broke down shortly afterwards and the queue was evacuated.Rush had a cherry picker working on it, ops said should be open for Saturday.Slammer was pissing about. Got stuck twice and was testing for about 3 hours but it eventually opened to a 40(!) minute queue.Colossus got stuck twice as well but it was empty. Queue was evacuated again.Logger's was quiet to begin with, we got our own boats, but then the queue filled up.Det got stuck at the beginning of the day and was slowly lowered down.Wasn't too busy to start with but then it built up throughout the day and I ended up whoring Inferno.Final Ride Count:Inferno x11Stealth x4 (2 front)Colossus x4X Colon Backslash What The F**k x1ZODIAC!!! x1Logger's x1Depth Charge x1Slammer x1Det x1Rumba Rapids x2 (I got SOAKED! There were LOADS of fountains!)Fish x1

^I believe to recall the staff saying NOT to tell anyone about the problem with Stealth so maybe it would be best to not post it on a site.I was on the second front row of the day on Stealth yesterday, sixth people to ride it! (It was COVERED in dead flies and I got fly smush all over my back and hands.) Stealth broke down shortly afterwards and the queue was evacuated.

OMG! were you!? I was the third train of the day at the front! I was probably talking to you at the enterance of the queue?Everyone saw the bird fly away and about a quater of the guests trying to get to stealth noticed it anyway. Stealth had a shutdown yesterday due to overheating.

Stelaht didnt open until around 11:30 due to a BIRD caught in the cables running from the peak of the top hat to the floor. They sent multiple trains over the try to scare the bird and make it flap and fly free and in the end it did. Staff wern't telling guests it was the bird that was the problem and I was told not to point at the bird which was obvious flapping around everytime a train went over!

^I believe to recall the staff saying NOT to tell anyone about the problem with Stealth so maybe it would be best to not post it on a site.

Everyone saw the bird fly away and about a quater of the guests trying to get to stealth noticed it anyway.

Surely if the ride staff ask you not to pass on any information about any possible ride shutdowns, shouldn't you just honour it? From what you've said, it was obviously a bird stuck, and the fact they where trying their hardest to get it out of the ride area, it seems that you've just pissed over them needing that information not to be passed on.Just my two cents anyway.

Why is something as small as a bird getting stuck having to be kept top secret? :D

A Ride Shutdown is a Ride Shutdown, no matter what the problem is, staff are directed not to pass on information as to why any ride has ceased operation. It's very easy for guests to blow things out of proportion.. for example, if you told a queueline of a ride that the ride is closed due to cleaning, some guests may not want to ride if somebody has been sick on the seats etc. I don't think Martin is in the wrong, the staff member shouldn't have told him the information in the first place.

Thats ridiculous, you have to be bloody stupid to not know what a bird looks like, if you see one flapping around in a rope its not exactly hard to work out what has happened.Jeez. Birds get hit by Stealth trains and lie in the nets under the bunny hop til they rot. Are you not allowed to pass that on too now?

Thats ridiculous, you have to be bloody stupid to not know what a bird looks like, if you see one flapping around in a rope its not exactly hard to work out what has happened.Jeez. Birds get hit by Stealth trains and lie in the nets under the bunny hop til they rot. Are you not allowed to pass that on too now?

Yes, people are that thick, especially at theme parks. Tell people a birds stuck and they'd start thinking an asteroid is heading for the park.

Jeez. Birds get hit by Stealth trains and lie in the nets under the bunny hop til they rot. Are you not allowed to pass that on too now?

If you're staff, no you're not.. then again, staff are not meant to be part of any social networking sites which have anything to do with the Merlin group either :DEdit : Oh yeah, ROFL [Mark's Signature] :D

Marc Simpson's trip count 2008Thorpe - 16 tripsChessington - 4 tripsAlton - 1 trip

I also went yesterday (9th april)it was amazing! as allways.but I never knew about the bird on stealth, but I went on it around lunch when everyone went off to eat :DAlthough I witnessed a tidal wave boat stuck at the top of the track! and it was up there for about 15 minutes.

Very interesting day today.Park was PACKED, never seen it so busy this time of year, 7195 people in parkRush testing with water dummies this morning, later in the day they were being taken away. Will be open tomorow.X:/ No Way Out got struck by lightning whilst I was standing in the station of the front row queue of Colossus. Bright flash and a massive BOOM that shook the place!Closures:Colossus Shutdown occured when a train full of people got stuck on the lift hill for over a hour and a half.Slammer closed after storm from about 2:30, not sure if it re-opened.Stealth closed from around 1pm and didnt open as far as I was there (left at 3:30)Queue Times:[/b]Inferno - 80 Mins Vortex - 40 Mins Samurai - 75 Mins (Out Entrance)Quantum - 15 Mins (Extension open)Detonator - 40 Mins (Out Entrance)Colossus - 80 Mins Fish - 15 MinsSlammer - 40 MinsX:/ No Way Out - 45 MinsAny more info ask?

Things seemd gooder tooday than that, when I got there all rides open apart from slammer and rush (WOO 2005 moment!) then they opened then it hailed so hard it hurt to walk in so it all closed untill it stoped, after that I didit see anything go down apart from rush a few times.