Thorpe Park Trip Reports

It was quite busy on Thursday. A member of staff confirmed that there was well over 6,000 in park, which isn't much, but it just seemed to be because there were alot of ride problems, everyone was queueing for the working ones (Well it does make sense lol)BadRumba Needed E-StoppingTidal Boat got stuck for 10 minsDetonator, Slammer, Loggers had a late opening.Loggers needed E-StoppingApparently something happened on infernoGoodSeems like Stealth was the most reliable ride!Chloe in Thrills Nemesis is FITDunno what elseLol, Samurai broke down, we got on it, the did restraints but people were rocking it alot, then it wouldn't go, so they had to evac us back into batching area, and get engineers. My guess is that they had to reset it becuase the sensors had been confuzzled by people rocking it.

Oh wow, what an achievement.. I swear people were talking about 14,000 people in park quite a lot last year ;).

No, Lol I didn't mean it like that.I meant about the day for problems, Basically, I'm saying the park wasn't that busy, but becuase there were quite alot of ride problems, it seemed like it was busy, when everyone was at one or two of the rides!I will edit my post lol.

If you rock Samurai, it knocks it off zero, so don't do it!Hence why in the pre-load it tells you 'do not rock the pods'.

Basically... What I said.Went to Thorpe today, had fun, ride count was quite high.stealth was closed all day as expected, few Slammer breakdowns and people kept being sick on X.I think Rush has a lazy arm lol... basically when one arm brakes, the other keeps rocking slowly :sand... the road sweeper exploded and there was crap all over the floor... poor woman driving it.Last but not least: I got a Head Rush lanyard woop ;)

I had an ok day at thorpe. I could have been fun if STEALTH WAS WORKING!good:it was a good day for the water rides and some additional water fountains on the rumber rapids made it really fun!most rides were working as normal. it was nice to see rush working, healthy as normal. also, like stevenG said. one of rushes arms was swinging alot higher than the other and took a whille to brake. Almost like it was loose.bad: stealth was not available. WAAAAAAAABack seat Colossus was just painful. JUST painful. I was so dissapointed.Tidal wave's splashes were migity! sometimes the boats were quite full aswell!I did time voyagers, but the plot is a little too complicated than pirates4d. Too many lights in x:/ no way out! its supposed to be DARK!ummm there's probably some other points I missed but these are what ive remembered from my trip.I hope this helps with any trips soming up ;)ps: What the hell was wrong with stealth?

It's a pity that Stealth is down - but it will be back up soon! None of us know what is wrong with it though.And to do with Tidal - when you have about a half full boat of people, the splash doesn't reach the bridge, but when the boat is full, the splash hits the splash zone easily, it isn't anything to do with the water level.

And to do with Tidal - when you have about a half full boat of people, the splash doesn't reach the bridge, but when the boat is full, the splash hits the splash zone easily, it isn't anything to do with the water level.

The thing is, the boats were being filled up to their maximum capacity as there was a 5-10 minute queue time.

I noticed that with tidal wave as well. It was often not even reaching the bridge properly. It could be that the water level isnt as high as it should be, or maybe something in connection with the repaint?

Wind speed & direction.Also, rush seems to be experiencing minor issues with the left swing. Its out of sync with the right and it dosent reach its maximum height.

• 4 weeks later...

Thorpe yesterday was cool!Got there about 10ish and it was total dead, went to rush first took ages for them to actually find enough people to try and balance out the 2 swings! By the time we had gone and our ride was over not one person joined the q so he let us all have another go which was cool! After that we looked around abit, had a quick go on detonator which was as good as allways. Headed to stealth after, it was totaly walk on, was in 2 minds if we should do front row or not seeing as it was only a 1 train wait but decided against it (thank god!) Got on it about to go and the op mentioned if anyones heard of a rollback, I didnt think anything of it but we got to the top and stopped then actually rolled back, pretty amazing experience, feels so strange and you get a hell of a lot of weightlessness. Once engineers came over got us back in the station, after a couple of test runs we were back on and got over this time so was all good! Then went on x and my friend was sick so thought screw this and we ended up going to legoland!Its a strange place, didnt ride much was only there a hour or so at max, it has awesome music though!Not much else to say about it really.Ride Count:Stealth 1, 1/2Detonator 1Rush 2X 1Legolands rapids? 2Pirate falls 2The jungle coaster 1The dragon coaster 1Reliability was good in the time I was there, all rides opened on time apart from rumba loggers and tidal wave which were planned to open at 11. Only shutdowns I saw was the stealth rollback and one on tidal wave!

Ill Keep this brief (hopefully)Went yesterday, average day overall. Let me just mention the staff, really top notch. They all seemed in good moods and were always polite, wishing you a good day, and generally just speaking to you about how your days been etc etc - so a big thumbs up to them. Weather was good, park not too busy, despite Stealth being on 1 train for whatever reason I am unsure, but it resulted in a 2 hour queue, but it went down a bit towards the end of the day at least. I was with someone who doesnt do big rides, bar Nemesis and X:\NWO. So had a relaxed day really, didnt get on too much, but didn't really care.Nemesis x3X:\NWO x3Loggers x5Rumba x1Fish x3Quantum x1Teacups x1Zodiac x1Mr.Monkeys x1Rocky x1Detonator x1

Went yesterday too, stealth was being a pain, but it was on 2 trains for the most of the day even if they had to keep engenering on site to fix it when it went down, well done for keeping it open and on 2 trains for the majority of the day!Reliability was top notch, rumba opened late but apart from that everything seemed to open on time, apart from stealth all I saw go down was Colossus and fish (both cleaning), saw nemesis inferno test and that was all I saw well done!Staff as dan said were great, especially the guy on rumba rapids making an effort to talk to us and laugh and joke, very nice guy and things like that help make the day go nice. Also saw no problems on the park, with guests or anything like that apart from a few kids jumping in front of us at depth charge.Got on all rides which was great to!Ride Count:Detonator x 3Stealth x 2Nemesis Inferno x 2Colossus, Rush, Vortex, Loggers Leap, Mr Monkeys Banana Ride, Fungle, Rumba, Depth Chage, Zodiac, Quantum, Samurai, Fish, Carousel, Rocky, X:\, Teacups and Slammer X 1

Just echoing what Marc said, it really was a good day. The combination of great staff (seriously efficient Colossus and Inferno staff particularly) and a full ride line-up really made it an excellent trip.. possibly my best trip in the last two years.

Just echoing what Marc said, it really was a good day. The combination of great staff (seriously efficient Colossus and Inferno staff particularly) and a full ride line-up really made it an excellent trip.. possibly my best trip in the last two years.

I am still schocked you don't recognise me, even if I'm wet! I walked like right in front of you <_<.But yeah, best visit all year probably, well not for rides, but the best visit I've ever had actually when I havent had to ride Rush, Stealth or Samurai etc to enjoy it. Staff were awsaume, really. And next to no breakdowns!

• 2 weeks later...

I went on the 29th. FUN!stealth. slammer and rush were closed but stealth finally opened half way through the day. big crowd of people all squashed themselves to the entrance so there was no room to see or move or anything. it was nice to see stealth back and healthy. those staff engineer people climed to the top of stealth with hooks and ropes and harnesses and stuff. verry cool.I did all the best rides. first, it was hot. then, it was rainy. the weather CANNOT make up its mind...thats about all. ps: I'm getting annoyed with storm in a teacup. why is it so hard to spin your own cup?!

Went to thorpe yesterday, was a good day outGot there EVENTUALLY at around 11:30ish, park was quite busy as expected, was nice weather too!Ride reliability seemed good, everything apart from Rush and Slammer was open, it was a nice change to see from stealth that the 2 intamins were the ones going strong and the b&m being the odd one out for once :angry: Did most things, with some help from fastrack too!Ride Count:Detonator 1Time Voyagers 1Samurai 1Fish 1Stealth 4Colossus 1Nemesis Inferno 2Rumba Rapids 1