Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Very quick TR from yesterday...I still couldn't get on Rush, for one reason or another, meaning I'm still yet to ride it this year! >_>Got plenty of Stealth and Nemesis in the morning, X:\NWO has gone from randomely fun, to more of a 'WTF' type of fun. Really, different music playing down each corridor and then in the exit I thought I heard Rocky Express 2005?Slammer finally re-gained my trust, Loggers was OW when it brokedown (stacking logs right round the end bends).I love the fact that Detonator always has shorter queues than everything else.Yess, you may not have understood much I just said, but that's what happened anyway ;).

• 4 weeks later...

Quick one from me.Have'nt been to Thorpe for a few months, used our £10.00 bounceback tickets today, and got more for next time.Park was about it's usual crowded self, with queues averaging 45-50 minutes. 2 breakdowns on Nemesis Inferno being the only real trouble.Good to get back there again, but not really happy with Rush today, such a short setting :P Ride count:Nemesis Inferno 4Stealth 3Rush 1Colossus 2Rapids 1Logger's Leap 1, and got drowned.Also good to see Dylan coming along nicely.And what is it with playing that bloody sugar puffs advert on the tv's in the queue for Inferno every 2 minutes :D did my head in :D

• 2 weeks later...

Oh shiiii it's a trip report from the evil one! But I thought my day was different today, so I'll write about it...Thorpe was pretty good today, I got there at about 11am and was pretty suprised the staff car park was only half full with no other car parks open - pretty good start and it stayed liek that all day, queues about 5 minutes for everything. Got on pretty much everything, staff was great as usual, nothing else needs to be said on that point.Positives;Fright Nights prep coming along really well - Curse and Se7en marquees are up and looks like a lot of activity is happening and what's more is the exterior is really attractive this year. Last year, it was the wallpaper brickwork effect which really looked crap, although this year it's properly done sheeting and it just looks a lot better. Same goes for the exit door - instead of a black door with keep out written on it, it has the yellow taping over it, and a properly done door with a texture, same to the one on the entrance door and the Hellgate entrance statues. Again - the Hellgate statues are there in place and they are really really effective, and even thought the sign looks a bit crap, the entrance door by Colossus queue looks really good! Again, it's has the proper attention and a physical gate has been added with the corridor being resurfaced and extra theming installed inside the corridor. I am so excited about FN this year, just listening to the Asylum theme, it hypes me up a lot. Nothing I can see on the Se7en and Curse theming though, obviously all inside. Looks like FN will be even better this year.Reliability! I experienced no breakdowns at all day which was great, just caused no inconvenience to my day, which is all good.Negatives;Maintence of features - the park has been fixing things up like effects but things like queue line fences and other general fences around the park are in really bad states. Bits missing, crossbeams falling off etc and it just seems like it's ignored - CWoA haven't got this problem as they close the park to fix things like that when the park is quiet - such as Skyway supports etc. I think they just need a few days in September to clean up for Fright Nights and it would just improve how the park looks - it's starting to turn into an amusement park rather than a theme park.Another point would be the Stealth Bunny Hop and Tidal lift - it's leaking really really badly and I think a drip tray welded on really wouldn't be a bad idea - the whole of the end of the Stealth Bunny Hop is a total mess and practically brown! Just a few points - I just think that they need to think about closing the park for a day or two in September and get the Rides department cleaning to place down for Fright Nights - just the small things that need repainting and quickly fixing until close season, is all they need!

Friday 26th:Not too busy at all, only ride not open was tidal wave.Ride count:Stealth 2Colossus 3Nemesis inferno 4Rush 5Slammer 3Samurai 2Detonater 2X had someone sick so it was closed when we went to it and din't bother queuing as they are often long later.Largest queue was at peak time about 15-20 minutes for samurai at peak time, Colossus never went past the final stretch where it splits to front row and rest of train, nemesis inferno never went past the first queing square sort of bit with the tvs and the annoyign sugar puffs rip off of the mighty boosh advert. No real big queues and we spent alot of time doing other things like gambiling £6 worth of 2ps for a few crappy key rings and talk to girls.

Went today with 14 other people since we had a day off today, the park was full of people from our school! so we got there just before opening and I was very proud to be the 3rd person into the park B) was a good day, good weather, alot of sick everywhere though :) .ride count - Colossus - 2Nemesis Inferno - 2Stealth - 6X:/ No Way Out - 1Depth Charge - 1Loggers Leap - 6Rumba Rapids - 1Detonator - 2Rush - 7Samurai - 2Slammer - 1 So I got one alot of rides, it was great fun doing loggers leap 5 times in a row :D

I had a pretty good day at thorpe! Very foggy to begin with so stealth was doubly fun! Also, I was two trains away from a rollback! I saw it with my own eyes...from the station! ....so close...Stealth - 2nemmie - 3 Colossus - 1X:/ no way out - 2rush, slammer, zodiac, Samurai, loggers, rumba - 1and some other stuff...Nifty queues! Also, I got to see Dylan and the Curse! So I took a few piccies...Posted Image"wheres stealth?" "I havent the foggiest..."Posted ImageSince its the 12th of october, theyve got up all the halloween decorations already.Posted ImageNemmie inferno was really well done, with blue lights in the tunnel and everything... Thorpe have also put up loads of bloody written signs. Just before the lift hill, theres a sign that reads "stairway to hell"Posted ImageWith all the fog, the atmosphere on dylan was gorgeous! Posted ImageThe curse has all these bloody doors around it. Some staff were in there doing stuff to it. Posted ImageThats MY kind of stealth queue!Posted Image...drool...Posted ImageAlso, at the end of the day, it turned out that john lewis bought thorpe park for the evening! The entrance queue was packed with families!Thus concludes my trip!

I went yesterday I had a great day got a few rides done. Loads of rides were having problems. Colossus broke down on the lift hill twice, Nemesis Inferno had something wrong with it because they were sending empty trains round for a while. Stealth had launching problems in the evening they could only send one train round every five minuits so they decided to close it I think. Tidal wave broke down on lift hill but got going again quick. X no way out opened about 12ish. The queing was long with Colossus, Nemesis Inferno and Stealth reaching 120 minuits around lunch time. All the other major flat rides and loggers leap had a que of around 60min's. Rides like Quantum, Banana ride, Rapids etc had que's of 20 mins all day.Ride count Nemesis Inferno x2 Quantum x3Vortex x1Rush x1Samurai x3 Stealth x1Tea cups x1 Flying fish x1 ( Only went on because it had a 0 min que ) :-)Detonator x1