Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

With regards to the island behind Swarm being a possibility for MBV, I guess it's possible for a temporary bridge to be set up between Swarm's island and that island. Work would have to start very soon to make it happen though. Alternatively, they could make guests walk behind Rumba to Treasure Island, which is already connected to that island. Would be a long old trek though! They'd also need a lot of fences to make sure everyone is safe.

The alternative would be having the maze in the Lake Side Marquee, which would likely involve the maze not being in shipping containers.

Either option is interesting and gives the park scope to make some major improvements to the maze.

Some really really interesting ideas, would be interesting to see if the maze has had a total overhaul/ redesign. Going to the new island might be fun and would definitely make Fright Nights different to any experience people have had of the park before, would be great to have roaming actors specifically all over that area if they did use the island too =) I'm sure we'll see whats going on soon enough

Well thorpe's website does say its on swarm island, so unless it's a typo of some sort, I think we are meant to presume that this is the case.

The website says "next to THE SWARM". It won't be on the actual island since there's simply not enough room, so the only logical options to me seem to be the island behind Swarm or Lake View.

EDIT: Beaten to it :P

Number one is a maintenance road, and to be honest it's position would make that part of the island very over-crowded. 

My bet is on the marquee but I could be wrong of course. And seeing as the location has changed, maybe they're getting rid of the containers and using the style of construction that The Curse and Se7en used.

The canopy-thing will probably only take a day to get down, so no worries there.  No need for them to rush about and change the location on the website - most people won't have checked that part of the site yet, and I doubt people who have seen it will care that much anyway (given the fact that there'll be maps showing where attractions are), if they even remember.

Edited by JoshC.

What's the annual pass preview night like? (9th October this year)

Is it less busy than standard fright nights and is it the whole day?

6-10pm only. Is meant to be emptier than standard fright nights however last year it was fairly busy(things got up to 60mind I believe). However, this year it's on a Thursday instead of a Friday so should be fairly empty especially compared to the half term week.

It's interesting that a lot of their promotional videos for Fright Nights show The Asylum - makes me wonder whether it will be similar this year? (Personally I don't think it will be that different).

I doubt it - they've used footage from previous years on loads of different occasions (clips from Curse and Se7en are about in clips from the past couple of years, the sackheads from 2012 appear on the screen at the main entrance, etc.).

Asylum is gone and Studio 13 well be rather different - time to let go! ;)

I doubt it - they've used footage from previous years on loads of different occasions (clips from Curse and Se7en are about in clips from the past couple of years, the sackheads from 2012 appear on the screen at the main entrance, etc.).

Asylum is gone and Studio 13 well be rather different - time to let go! ;)

Haha, I don't mean that it will be exactly the same maze, theme and everything, but I just think that a lot of props and walls will be reused (not the chain fencing though).  Let's face it - beds, chairs, television sets, showers, sinks, windows etc will all fit into a Motel theme as well as the previous one, so I doubt it will all be completely new.  I don't have a problem with this as long as it isn't instantly recognisable as it's previous incarnations.  (I hope they keep the strobes and ending though!)

I must say I am looking forward to Studio 13, I hope it delivers.

^ Yeah I didn't think of that, although having a lot of the queue under the roof saves clogging up the nearby paths too much! I guess when it was The Freezer, the queue couldn't go there considering it was the exit?

That's so true, the queue would surely have been alllll over the path, right?? haha I dunno since I never actually saw it in real life :P weird thing is- SO many people seem adamant that The Freezer layout worked better so there must've been some way of dealing with the queue that we just don't know about? so confusing ahaa :P

The thing with the old layout meant that the queue to get in the maze had to have a hole in it to let people out. So, you had to have a batcher where this hole was to ensure people in the queue didn't 'fill' the hole, and make sure people in the exit didn't sneak back in the queue. On top of that, they needed a second batcher to give safety instructions and let people in the maze. Bit hectic!

Since this was only during the first 3 Fright Nights, the event wasn't as busy, so there wasn't as much a need for a long queue line. If memory serves me correctly, the queue for the Freezer took up the MHFS queue and did a shorter cattlepen underneath The Hideaway which was a couple of lines back and forth to the stage. :)

The thing with the old layout meant that the queue to get in the maze had to have a hole in it to let people out. So, you had to have a batcher where this hole was to ensure people in the queue didn't 'fill' the hole, and make sure people in the exit didn't sneak back in the queue. On top of that, they needed a second batcher to give safety instructions and let people in the maze. Bit hectic!

Since this was only during the first 3 Fright Nights, the event wasn't as busy, so there wasn't as much a need for a long queue line. If memory serves me correctly, the queue for the Freezer took up the MHFS queue and did a shorter cattlepen underneath The Hideaway which was a couple of lines back and forth to the stage. :)

Ahh I see! thanks for clearing that up :P wish I had seen it in those days, the inner nerd in me finds how these sorts of attractions have changed over the years so interesting! :D

It would be great if the first corridor in the Asylum building has fake doors on the walls to make it look like a motel corridor!  

And then at the end, in the small space before entering the main building, there could be a check-in desk with an actor behind it! <3

I can only hope.

Either a motel corridor or a studio corridor, with gruesome names on the doors in blood...

The possibilities are endless!