General Election 2015

JoshC.

He really shouldn't have been in charge of education, far too 1920's approach. However I feel that out of all the jobs he could have that justice Secretary would suit him well. How someone can get a 10 year jail sentence and only serve 3 years should raise serious questions about the whole system. At least with Gove we know they will serve the full 10 years.

He really shouldn't have been in charge of education, far too 1920's approach. However I feel that out of all the jobs he could have that justice Secretary would suit him well. How someone can get a 10 year jail sentence and only serve 3 years should raise serious questions about the whole system. At least with Gove we know they will serve the full 10 years.

Another myth perpetrated by the Mail, people do not 'serve 3 years of a 10 year sentence', they serve the full 10 years, a certain percentage spent in custody, and the remainder on license, it's been like that since 1948.

Putting a washed up journalist in charge of the Justice Dept won't change that.

Bloody hell.

Give it a few years, and we won't have benefit sanctions anymore. We'll have benefit hangings instead ;)

The only positive thing that came out of this election was Nigel Farage losing his seat. Oh how I chuckled!

Also, Project LC - you're not Iain Duncan Smith in disguise, are you?

Another myth perpetrated by the Mail, people do not 'serve 3 years of a 10 year sentence', they serve the full 10 years, a certain percentage spent in custody, and the remainder on license, it's been like that since 1948.

Putting a washed up journalist in charge of the Justice Dept won't change that.

I was actually talking about my next door neighbour who serverd 3 years of a 10 year sentance for drug dealing and upon release has started dealing again.

You say he has no influence and yet complain he destroyed the education system. Seems a bit of an illogical statement to me.

Also all these left wing scare stories are completley ridiculous. You all seem to make stupid claims with no evidence or justification and then you all seem to believe and follow them as if they are fact. The NHS is not becoming a paid system its working as it always has done but now the nhs uses external companies within its operations. The death penalty is not being bought back. Benefits are not being completely removed, the conservatives dont deliberately target the weak to make CEO's richer. Afterall if they did they would get no votes what so ever. First past the post has worked as it always has done, just like the last labour government with 35% of the vote and 356 seats (I dont remember any riots then). The left wing lost the election. Stop moaning and scaremongering and point blank lying and wait a few years for the conservatives to have actually done stuff. In 5 years time if what I have said is false is all true then correct me then but until that day I dont value any argument which states otherwise.

I was actually talking about my next door neighbour who serverd 3 years of a 10 year sentance for drug dealing and upon release has started dealing again.

You say he has no influence and yet complain he destroyed the education system. Seems a bit of an illogical statement to me.

Also all these left wing scare stories are completley ridiculous. You all seem to make stupid claims with no evidence or justification and then you all seem to believe and follow them as if they are fact. The NHS is not becoming a paid system its working as it always has done but now the nhs uses external companies within its operations. The death penalty is not being bought back. Benefits are not being completely removed, the conservatives dont deliberately target the weak to make CEO's richer. Afterall if they did they would get no votes what so ever. First past the post has worked as it always has done, just like the last labour government with 35% of the vote and 356 seats (I dont remember any riots then). The left wing lost the election. Stop moaning and scaremongering and point blank lying and wait a few years for the conservatives to have actually done stuff. In 5 years time if what I have said is false is all true then correct me then but until that day I dont value any argument which states otherwise.

I think it needs to be said that there are good and bad in every government that would've been elected, but it's incredibly naive to think that what they say they're going to do or not do in order to get elected will actually happen

Some people will always re-offend, as a law abiding citizen then, I assume you reported this to the authorities so that his license could be revoked and he be returned to prison?

I didn't say that, what I said was his appointment would make no difference to how someone is released on license or how much time is served, as this is laid down in Law in various forms since 1948, he cannot simply say, you've been jailed for 10 years, so will serve it, which is what you implied would happen. Even if he were to present a new bill for reading immediately that Parliament returned that would fix this for you, it's highly unlikely to be retrospective.

Also all these left wing scare stories are completley ridiculous. You all seem to make stupid claims with no evidence or justification and then you all seem to believe and follow them as if they are fact. The NHS is not becoming a paid system its working as it always has done but now the nhs uses external companies within its operations.

Some would call that backdoor privatisation.

The death penalty is not being bought back.

Nobody claimed it was.

Benefits are not being completely removed,

Again nobody said they were.

the conservatives dont deliberately target the weak to make CEO's richer.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who would disagree with you.

I could list a raft of details about how the Conservatives have, and continue, to targeting the most vulnerable and needy in society whilst not applying the same principles to big business, but as you yourself have already stated you "dont value any argument which states otherwise" with your view I don't see that there is much point, other than to say your view is very dictatorial and not unlike most politicians when asked awkward questions they don't want to answer, are you studying Politics by any chance?

Afterall if they did they would get no votes what so ever.

Or perhaps the Conservatives did a better sales job on the nation by going off on one about the SNP that most people were too blinded by this to think rationally.

The left wing lost the election.

Thanks for stating the bleeding obvious, it feels me with confidence, but I don't think anybody here disagreed with this view.

Stop moaning and scaremongering and point blank lying and wait a few years for the conservatives to have actually done stuff. In 5 years time if what I have said is false is all true then correct me then but until that day I dont value any argument which states otherwise.

First off, where have I lied? I responded directly to your post about sentencing and how you felt that putting Gove in as department head was suddenly going to make a difference, when in reality it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference, because the very system you were moaning about, has been in the statute books since 1948.

Gove was a fleet street hack, he worked for The Times before he joined the Conservatives, there was no lie there.

Priti Patel's views on capital punishment are easy to find on Youtube, they were broadcast on the BBC in 2011, so there's not really any denying it.

Finally, now you want to wait 5 years.... Isn't that what I already suggested we do?

We should reconvene in 5 years and share stories of life under Tory rule.

Backdoor privatisation? It's introducing the free market mechanism to the NHS to drive down prices. Something Labour introduced. It makes far more economic sense to introduce competition as it means companies compete to get the lowest price with the best service.

The reason the rich seem to make the biggest savings is because they were spending the most. 1% for them is a significant amount more than someone on 16k. You don't go and attack them saying they are evil and putting taxes so high on them or they will try tax avoidance or even just move country. I know it's a hard concept to master but sometimes less is more (Willing to explain that in depth of you wish).

The conservatives went on about the SNP so much because they were going to hold the balance of power. Scotland is over represented with 59 seats, it should be 36, and they are even more left wing than the Labour party. They lie to all of Scotland blaming Westminster when it is them, they wanted independence from the country they were about to rule and were going to hold England and Wales to ransom to get their own way. They wee without doubt the biggest threat to democracy in the UK.

Also 50% of the population wanted ukip and the conservatives. Saying the population was blinded to think rationally is quite frankly insulting. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean they are wrong.

The conservatives went on about the SNP so much because they were going to hold the balance of power. Scotland is over represented with 59 seats, it should be 36, and they are even more left wing than the Labour party. They lie to all of Scotland blaming Westminster when it is them, they wanted independence from the country they were about to rule and were going to hold England and Wales to ransom to get their own way. They wee without doubt the biggest threat to democracy in the UK.

Also 50% of the population wanted ukip and the conservatives. Saying the population was blinded to think rationally is quite frankly insulting. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean they are wrong.

True. And that scares me actually. Because what the population is saying is that for all the bad things currently occurring such as abolition of the human rights act or putting MP's in place who oppose same sex marriage or the equality act, the population is fine with it. Whether it comes to fruition is another thing.

I'm seriously worried for the future of this country though. I don't say a thing like that lightly either. I'm proud of being a Brit and I'm proud of being part of a wider community in the EU. I don't want to see a friendly neighbourly relationship with Germany, France, Belgium and the rest being tarnished, I don't want to see the BBC wrecked beyond all recognition and I don't want the NHS which benefits every single one of us ruined in the next five years. 

Because what the population is saying is that for all the bad things currently occurring such as abolition of the human rights act or putting MP's in place who oppose same sex marriage or the equality act, the population is fine with it. Whether it comes to fruition is another thing.

I think more what the county were saying is that the alternative are not a viable or trusted choice for running this country, mostly from a financial point of view, not that they actually agree with the Conservatives ways. A bankrupt country is not a place you want to be, however nice the government are!

Conservatives did not win this election, Labour lost it.