General Election 2015

JoshC.

Disable benefits is perfectly fine unemployment benefit I completely disagree with. I'm not saying this for attention either, thank you very much. It is my honest opinion. Being called an idiot is rich as well, you have no idea of my background o

r education and just because I have an opposing view doesn't give you a right to go around insulting people.

Agreed, I don't know your background. But if you're well off enough to visit theme parks, and spend lots of time making Youtube videos etc, then you're not exactly living on the poverty line. 

To say benefits should be cut is rich considering you don't know everyone's backgrounds and situations. Everyone's stories are so different, so to cut everyone's benefits is just a bad move. 

And besides, even if I don't know your background, you vote conservative which means you obviously favour the wealthy and not the wellbeing of the entire population. No, you can't please everyone, but they're so transparent it's unreal.

I know, from my own experience, that the disability funds need to be looked at.

My older brother is disabled. He NEEDS a car to do simple journeys as he's not able to walk more then 200m without practically feinting. What he doesn't need is the £200 monthly allowance that goes straight into his account. 

Fortunately he's on the mobility scheme, so he gets a car. However it's very distressing to hear of these poor people Ian was talking about, when families like mine are well off and still getting cash poured into their pockets. My brother bought a pair of SKIS last month with his disability allowance. 

He uses about £50 of it monthly for petrol. Otherwise, he's spent it all for his own benefit of leisure. He's saving up for a mac, a PS4 and a TV. Not a wheelchair, a better bed or adaptions for his car, like he should be.

I completely agree that people like the situation Ian was talking about diserve benefits. Everyone should be reviewed, and reviewed properly though, because like here, benefits can be cut without making a fatal difference. 

Tbh I'm dusgusted by my brothers behaviour with his money when there are others out there with similar conditions just much worse off. Taking advantage of the system and all. Not cool.

Lol at all the exit polls being horrifically wrong...

Let's be honest here guys, no matter who got in (Labour, Tory, Coalition), we would've been absolutely screwed one way or another... It worries me about people voting for UKIP, shows how easy it is to pander/manipulate to a demongraphic, in the same way that this week saw a rather vicious attack towards Miliband by the Tory sided papers...

The SNP taking pretty much full control of Scotland even after their choice to stay in the UK is weird too, but I don't pretend to know anything about politics anyway so...

Just to play devils advocate, why is it OK to cut unemployment benefit and not disability benefit?

Because you don't choose to be disabled. Although as Toofpik points out, the exactly where that money is spent could do with being looked at!

Hopefully the opposition will put someone electable in charge now. Not entirely sure who that could be though.

"A conservative government would be giving the security agencies and law enforcement agencies the powers that they need to ensure they're keeping up to date as people communicate with communications data. We were prevented from bringing in that legislation into the last government because of the coalitions with the Lib Dems and we are determined to bring that through because we believe that is necessary to maintain the capabilities of our law enforcement agencies so they can continue to do the excellent job day in day out of keeping us safe and secure"

Is this real life or is this Black Mirror?

It's true along with proposals to limit our freedom of assembly (our right to protest). We are actually behind most other EU members in this regard.

As my tin foil hat wearing friend says, we're sleepwalking into tyranny, and I guess we'll see how right he is over the next 5 years.

Yeah lol they're all too busy manning speed checks, throwing child abuse victims in jail to shut them up and helping bailifs turf bedroom tax victims out their homes, to stand under their oath.

However once you have lost the ability to do something, it will be very had to get it back...

Food bank use went up as they didn't exist before/weren't advertised. People on benefits will have to work for their money instead of just being handed it.

That kind of talk is dangerous and assumes that people out of work are lazy good for nothings.

Disable benefits is perfectly fine unemployment benefit I completely disagree with. I'm not saying this for attention either, thank you very much. It is my honest opinion. Being called an idiot is rich as well, you have no idea of my background or education and just because I have an opposing view doesn't give you a right to go around insulting people.

Are you saying people unemployed don't deserve any kind of life at all. When I was made unemployed in 2010 (and the three months I was without a job), I relied on benefits (A measly £50 a week I add) to at least resemble a human being. In that time, I felt lower then I ever had before, visiting the job centre every two weeks to report on my progress. In that time, many, many people at the centre could have come from any background. Have you ever been on Unemployment benefits Project LC? I'm assuming you haven't based on your posts. Suffice to say, it's a life line to people who need hope and it takes more then 'the will' to pick yourself up from unemployment.

I'll be brutally honest, I don't believe people who claim benefits whilst unemployed should get free money for nothing. I've been raised to work and not to spend money I don't have. If it comes to a point when you are unemployed then you should be able to get money from the state but not for nothing. There is many jobs that need doing so introducing a community service type system should be the way forward. It doesn't have to be a load of hours (in fact if it were introduced it should be limited to max. The unemployed need the chance to find new work ect. but at the same time they shouldn't just be given free money.

I know a lot of people will disagree but that is my honest opinion. Personally I think benefits should come in the form of food vouchers with some money for basics like clothing ect.

A member of my family has a similar view, there is no point trying to reason, even when that reasoning involves reminding them that the unemployment benefit and rent rebate (as it was called back then) they want cut was the only thing that stopped them being homeless 30 years ago.

We should reconvene in 5 years and share stories of life under Tory rule.

I'll be brutally honest, I don't believe people who claim benefits whilst unemployed should get free money for nothing. I've been raised to work and not to spend money I don't have. If it comes to a point when you are unemployed then you should be able to get money from the state but not for nothing. There is many jobs that need doing so introducing a community service type system should be the way forward. It doesn't have to be a load of hours (in fact if it were introduced it should be limited to max. The unemployed need the chance to find new work ect. but at the same time they shouldn't just be given free money.

I know a lot of people will disagree but that is my honest opinion. Personally I think benefits should come in the form of food vouchers with some money for basics like clothing ect.

I've also been raised to work. I'm one of the higher earning people at the supermarket I work in because I put my heart and effort into everything I do. Life happens though, one day you can be flying high, the next you're earning next to nothing and going to the job centre. The people you say are given free money, a lot of them for the majority of their working lives, pay taxes. The benefits system is pittance compared to the tax evasion schemes that companies like HSBC, Vodafone, Amazon and Starbucks have been accused off over the past ten years. And yet its the benefit system that is made out to be the great evil.

We should reconvene in 5 years and share stories of life under Tory rule.

The way Cameron seems to be appointing his ministers at the moment plays like a game of 'What are you least suited to doing, okay you can run that part of the country.' 

Why don't you ask him instead of assuming, I'm sure he'll give you a straight yes or no.

Besides, the new DWP Minister said the same a few yeas ago, she'll fit in well with IDS and his sadistic views, oh too many sick people about? No problem sir we'll just hang them.