Fright Nights 2015

spoon

yeah id like to know this too. I've done the maze twice and I'm pretty sure both times there hasn't even been an actor in the final room. you just sorta stumble into the room where you can buy your photos...

with the exception of studio 13 and the rather intense (well on my run-through) final rooms/corridors of CITW, all of the mazes last year had incredibly weak endings in my opinion. I hope they fix that this year :-)

I disagree,

in the recent years almost the whole lineup had a good ending..

for the excepting of saw which has a ending but the effects for the ending never work.

anyway who needs a ending when you can photos booths..loads of money from photo booths.. ;)

yeah I know that, but whats it meant to do?? both times ive been through the maze literally nothing has happened in the final room..

There's meant to be flashing red lights and a gun inside the carousel which lets off a loud air blast at random points. That's all that should happen, and all I think has ever happened!

Well obviously a mirror maze was recently confirmed, so I wouldn't be surprised if the ending was just like The Mystery of Hocus Pocus Hall where you would have actors in the mirror maze with you, supposedly chasing you out. (no spoiler of course, as Mystery isn't returning :()

I don't think actors running/chasing you out is a good idea in a mirror maze.. ;)                                  

Hi guys, MBV is the only maze I haven't done! What happens and do you get split up on every run through?

I went on it last year and the group got split into 2 (I didn't go through the tunnels, we went the other route), but I wasn't separated from my friends and don't see how I possibly could have, we just stayed with eachother and went where we were told to go. its a pretty intense

maze (well on my run through it was but most people don't agree haha), but yeah you definitely should be ok in regards to getting split up from your friend and I'm pretty sure no one gets split up on their own. hope that helps :-)

I don't it's been confirmed anywhere that the mirror maze is the end to The Big Top, just that it has a mirror maze?  The Press Release would at least suggest that the mirror maze isn't the finale.  Will be interesting to see what they decide to do, but it would certainly feel...odd not hearing a chainsaw revving around at Fright Nights.. :P

Going back to BWP for a second. I don't see the problem with it and why it needs to be made more scary? It's always rated as only 2/5 scares, it's never meant to be scary. Okay it needs a bit of perfecting here and there like everything but it can be quite good fun.

Why do we need a chainsaw? Can't we move onto better things, new different things! This is one thing I never understood with the whole "Asylum is leaving" stuff. Yeah it was good, but it was dated. It was time to move onto newer, different things that aren't samey! We now have a conga maze, free flow maze, walk through zone thing and a maze where you're likely to get separated big time. The Big Top will no doubt offer something different too!

I'm liking how the Big Top is a 5/5 scare rating maze! It's the first time there'll be two? It's only ever been MBV before (which will be seeing work). So fingers crossed for that! 

So these photos are from Tuesday so I'm sure plenty has changed!

11225154_1216718921686867_61689353097498

Exit to MBV

11953272_1216718531686906_23285108783652

Zodiac is to the left for reference behind the trees. Now they were pulling the theming out of the exit and leaning it against the containers.

maxresdefault.jpg

Layout we're going for. This would involve a container coming out of where the brown door is in this photo below.

11924750_1216718841686875_10471060379727

So yeah on second thoughts it can fit in this space same layout as last year.

But then a question.

11986537_1216717941686965_29757135286876

This is the back.

11990503_1216717498353676_84895615512193

With a Scruffy Dog container being used for them etc.

11986602_1216717538353672_44082982431806

This green gate though? Was it used at Island Beats (it's next to Vortex's entrance) if so then I don't think it matters. If not, why put a gate there unless you're maybe moving the entrance of MBV to the other side (which would make it less crowded by Rush with all the cattle pen).

11986966_1216718091686950_31525477387758

Fire engine becomes shipping containers in true Merlin style.

11999019_1216718015020291_26475532097184

Hello Scruffy!

11214203_1216717408353685_71762163207679

Fitting electrics inside.

11947515_1216717311687028_67145056320816

And adding the details. This is surely Breakout? 

There was also a Scruffy Dog black container on the big bit of Amity Beach ready for next week once that closes on Sunday.

Why do we need a chainsaw? Can't we move onto better things, new different things! This is one thing I never understood with the whole "Asylum is leaving" stuff. Yeah it was good, but it was dated. It was time to move onto newer, different things that aren't samey! We now have a conga maze, free flow maze, walk through zone thing and a maze where you're likely to get separated big time. The Big Top will no doubt offer something different too!

I'm liking how the Big Top is a 5/5 scare rating maze! It's the first time there'll be two? It's only ever been MBV before (which will be seeing work). So fingers crossed for that! 

Experiment 10 was a brilliant step forward with scare mazes, since then I feel that they've gone downhill a bit.  My Bloody Valentine is a definite step down, CITW is a great idea but not executed well enough IMO (and throughput is dire).  I hope The Big Top will offer something different, but at the moment I'm expecting it to be very similar to Carnival of Screams - hopefully I'm proved wrong!

I disagree with Asylum being dated - it was a solid attraction that was always popular and got great reviews even in it's last year of operation.  It also seemed to have a much better throughput than most other mazes.  It created the perfect atmosphere and, whilst some people didn't rate it, I'd say that it was the overall most memorable maze at Fright Nights.

As for needing a chainsaw, it is the only ending to a maze that actually gets a reaction - in My Bloody Valentine, Cabin in the Woods and Saw Alive people just walk out as pretty much nothing of any note happens, but there was nothing better than seeing people run out of Asylum whilst queueing to create the right atmosphere.  Some things are best left alone, and Asylum was one of them IMO.