Fright Nights 2015

spoon

Does MBV have the same layout again this year then? Or is it too hard to tell?

I had a look from Rush and it looked similar, however from ground level it's not very clear.

EDIT:  Just noticed in another photo I took that My Bloody Valentine has two doors leading from the first room - this could possibly suggest a new layout with the split-up corridors being the first section of the maze this year?

20923781283_1542d04058.jpg

I had a look from Rush and it looked similar, however from ground level it's not very clear.

EDIT:  Just noticed in another photo I took that My Bloody Valentine has two doors leading from the first room - this could possibly suggest a new layout with the split-up corridors being the first section of the maze this year?

20923781283_1542d04058.jpg

That would be interesting, maybe there is two completely different routes

I don't know, I think its more scary being split up half way through. Last year when I was in the maze (my first time in MBV), I was desperately trying to follow the people ahead of me becaude of the darkness and I couldn't see anything,and it was incredibly scary because I think just after the hospital scene, I got grabbed by an actor and full on shoved down a different path to the rest of the group while he was screaming "Go this way!!" in my face. I think thats a lot more scary than being split up at the beginning before you've even got to a scary part. In the end, I don't actually mind that much - I'm sure it'll be great whatever they decide to do. :)

Sorry to double post, just wanted to ask a quick question. Which do you think will be better in terms of queues and of scares: the 10th or the 17th? (1st or second Saturday).

I went on the 10th last year and it was fairly quiet for a Fright Night date. 

Ride queues peaked at around 60-70 minutes and the same with the mazes. I don't know about the second Saturday but I know that half term is a nightmare (e.g. 120+)

I am going on the 10th this year so I hope the queues will be short-ish  :)

The two doors shown in MBV do look as if you will be forced to choose which route you take through the maze.

When I was there a few weeks ago the containers did look in an odd formation but I might be wrong I have a terrible memory.

I do remember that last year that I was sent down the same route of MBV twice (I never got to crawl through the tunnel) so I hope that you get to choice which route you take, giving it a reason to go on it twice. 

The two doors shown in MBV do look as if you will be forced to choose which route you take through the maze.

When I was there a few weeks ago the containers did look in an odd formation but I might be wrong I have a terrible memory.

I do remember that last year that I was sent down the same route of MBV twice (I never got to crawl through the tunnel) so I hope that you get to choice which route you take, giving it a reason to go on it twice.

I agree, I think the layout looks different. I would love to have two separate routes through the maze aswell

My guess is they've just moved the "Mine Shaft" scene where you get split off to the left or the right (what used to be the separation rooms in X10) right to the beginning, I guess it makes sense to have the two routes split from the beginning as it means you have smaller groups going through right from the start, rather than one big group going through the hospital scene and later splitting. 

My guess is they've just moved the "Mine Shaft" scene where you get split off to the left or the right (what used to be the separation rooms in X10) right to the beginning, I guess it makes sense to have the two routes split from the beginning as it means you have smaller groups going through right from the start, rather than one big group going through the hospital scene and later splitting.

That's what I'm thinking, it's probably more practical as well in terms of people who can't/don't want to crawl being able to speak to a host, who can then communicate easily with the first actor to ensure they are sent on the right route.

This year will be my 6th year, seen roaming actors about twice (and I stay opening to close every year).

It's not scary really, at least the park atmosphere isn't. The scare attractions range from quite jumpy/intense to dull! Fright Nights used to be better and actually had atmosphere however recently, to me at least, it feels lifeless and rushed :L Worth a visit though, I'm only going for the Big Top :P

#14thFrightNightsThisYearForMe

There will roaming actors this year, but they can be very hit and miss. Sometimes you can see them multiple times in one night, sometimes you won't see them at all. They may interact with you, may walk past or may perform a short acted out piece. Normally the roaming actors have more humour about them though (I especially think that will be the case this year given Big Top is the new thing).

If you're not into the mazes, it will be very easy to avoid all things scare. There will be audio changes after 3pm most likely and there might be some extra theming, though in recent years the extra theming is usually located by the mazes, and not with the rides.