Fright Nights 2015

spoon

From what I've heard, haunted house and haunted hayride are the most fun and the cellar is meant to be the most intense

For me, Haunted Hayride is the most fun. Twisted is also really fun, due how confusing it is!

Haunted House isn't the most fun, but it is very eerie.

And look out for the roamers, they IMO are 10 times better thans Thorpes roamers.

That is the queue line entrance.  You will queue on the smaller side of the beach, enter through the red tent (closest to the dome), then into the red and yellow tent (in that picture) before crossing underneath the bridge and entering the final white tent, thus exiting the attraction from the larger side of the beach.

From what I've heard, the queue line will be 'themed' to some degree, with signs about the circus (possibly even giving a bit of backstory) and perhaps even some queue line interactivity.  Certainly sounds like it has some promise!

From what I've heard, the queue line will be 'themed' to some degree, with signs about the circus (possibly even giving a bit of backstory) and perhaps even some queue line interactivity.  Certainly sounds like it has some promise!

I'd be impressed if they add in smells as well! We're talking the unquestionable scent of popcorn and cotton candy. :P 

whoooo knows I will be down on Wednesday to check it out before it all kicks off

Quick question to anyone who has been to both Tully's and Thorpe .. which is better in your opinion? (Just looking at the mazes not value for money or anything like that)

Having done both last year I'd say Thorpe because I found it more intense and full on

ive only really done thorpes mazes but when people say they're really intense and full on I just dont get it?? I mean every time ive been through them ive hardly got touched (just stroked) and every maze is just the actors shouting at the top of their lungs and banging everything repeatedly...

hardly 'full on' imo but maybe other people see the mazes differently, idk.

ive only really done thorpes mazes but when people say they're really intense and full on I just dont get it?? I mean every time ive been through them ive hardly got touched (just stroked) and every maze is just the actors shouting at the top of their lungs and banging everything repeatedly...

hardly 'full on' imo but maybe other people see the mazes differently, idk.

That's always been my problem with the mazes too. Actors never try and scare me either instead focusing their efforts on the young or girls so I just walk through a maze being ignored.

I don't think a lot of people realise that thorpes mazes are quite good until they try other mazes. In all honesty, the Tulleys mazes are fun but not intense. Whether you think the Thorpe mazes are scary is down to you (are you easily scared? I've never been properly freaked by a horror movie so...). But, you must agree they're intense!

I don't think a lot of people realise that thorpes mazes are quite good until they try other mazes. In all honesty, the Tulleys mazes are fun but not intense. Whether you think the Thorpe mazes are scary is down to you (are you easily scared? I've never been properly freaked by a horror movie so...). But, you must agree they're intense!

ive never done the tulleys mazes so like... how are they not intense compared to the thorpe mazes?? id expect them to be more intense...

Thorpe's actors tend to have a lot more creative freedom than other parks I find. You can almost painfully tell where the actors' "invisible wall" is at some mazes and you know they're not going to do anything unexpected. At Tulley's they all seem to just be a little scripted in my opinion, they don't go past their boundary, they don't go off script and they don't get as touchy feely. The Tower's used to be like this too, although I think they're trying to break the mold a little now.

It has its ups and downs though, as I've noticed bottlenecking is far more common in Thorpes mazes as a result, which leads to those crazy queue fluctuations that you see. 

whoooo knows I will be down on Wednesday to check it out before it all kicks off

Quick question to anyone who has been to both Tully's and Thorpe .. which is better in your opinion? (Just looking at the mazes not value for money or anything like that)

Tulleys IMO is way better, the mazes at tulleys are very different to Thorpes.

There longer, and the actors in mazes such as the Cellar are way more jumpier, but some mazes Tulleys aren't as scary as some of Thorpes.

IMO Thorpe's a little scarier overall, but for me Tulleys is 10 times more fun.