Fright Nights 2015

spoon

All of the film-themed mazes are returning this season; it's part of the contract they have with Lionsgate. :)

ooh nice. so I take it studio 13 is being rethemed, AND there's another new attraction? 

I wonder how they're gonna fit all this in...

ooh, exciting announcement there, I do like it when the park changes its scare theme each year and look forward to see what's ahead for this year's Fright Nights.

New addition wise, I expect one will be a replacement/rework of Studio 13 with a circus theme potentially and the other a scare zone. Unlike Chessington's event which has taken a massive dive suddenly with no HITH & MOHPH I have no doubt this will be another great fright nights event and from what I remember heard earlier this season, the budget is being increased this year.

I know some will think differently but I refuse to say this is a good Halloween event till it actually becomes an immersive experience and that's why Chessington and Alton Towers always beat the quality of this event every single year upon year even if the mazes are worse at the other parks.

If fright nights has no park wide theming again this year, to call it a good Halloween event is like saying WC16 is a great dark ride even if they put no theming inside it whatsoever.

So I'm going to say it again as it needs to be heard, more park wide theming and roaming actors are needed this year!

We're talking simple things like mood lighting, misters all over the park, pumpkins, scarecrows, skeletons, spiders, corpses, gravestones, cobwebs, fake bats; virtually anything to create a suitable atmosphere which can combine with the park music to create a good atmosphere

Then we need more roaming actors, last years set was perfectly fine but more of them are needed and they need to be all over the park. This will really set the mood and along with the park atmosphere this will create a "fright night".

Along with the mazes if there is a suitable amount of atmosphere and theming along with a good amount of roaming actors then this would be a truly stunning Halloween event. However, everyone says this year upon year and we still get the same tacky looking park with no atmosphere whatsoever; yes the mazes may be of good quality this year however without the ambience and the atmosphere it will never be a good Halloween event.

The fact that the fright nights are split up over specific weekends this year like last year indicates that the park will have a poor atmosphere on fright nights dates as theming won't be added/removed between fright nights and non-fright nights dates.

---

On a seperate note, after visiting both Portaventura and Europa Park which had parades throughout the day, I would love to see Thorpe park have a dedicated Halloween parade on fright nights. Once it's completely dark and the atmosphere has truly kicked in, it would be great to see a parade do a full loop around the park so everyone gets to experience it. The parade could feature main characters from the mazes as well as general scare monsters in vehicles with fire, smoke and lighting effects. Barriers could be set up to allow the parade to pass through whilst everyone is crowding around them, and the dressed up actors could come up and rattle the barriers and scare the crowds to make the night truly one to remember.

If thorpe ever ever ever did something as brilliant as that, I would be along to fright nights every single day possible.

As long as nothing gets removed or Rethemed I think this will work out no matter if its a scare zone or maze or even like a parade or more streen ent. But if anything is getting removed for this or just a retheme its not worth getting excited about imo... the popularity of fright nights is huge and Thorpe need to add lots and lots more things to do during the event to reduce queues... ( I waited 2 30 hours for cabin last year) and even though its a good maze and what we would expect, not really wanted especially with no queue line themeing or actors what ive seen last few years... They need to make it more emersive... Like Universal...

There is literally no space for Thorpe to do a parade...

And I doubt many would actually go out of their way to watch it, this isn't Disney where it's a massive part of the day as an example, even Europa's is only really noticed if it passes people by...

Odds on the Carnival theming being from Towers?

They need to find a way to get around queues we waited outside studio 13 for half an hour before it opened and still queued 2hours for it and I'm not buying fast track.

Even though they have reserve and ride it still annoyed me last year. The park is too busy for them to handle at fright nights