New for 2016 - Park-Wide Improvements

Erm, so I know there's like a million reasons why Samurai won't be going to Chessie, but when I went to Thorpe today (for the first time ever) Samurai had been taken down, which seems pretty suspicious to me...

Samurai has been taken down for "essential maintenance"; it should return to Thorpe in the future. If it leaves, it won't return to Chessington.

I have no clue where this Samurai is going to back to Chessington idea has sprung from.

If Samurai is broken and beyond repair, which would be the reason why it leaves Thorpe in the first place, why would a broken ride be moved to a different park? What would that achieve? An already failing park acquiring a broken ride? How would it being at Chessington rectify the issues its having? Mechanical issues are not caused by location....

LOGIC people, LOGIC!

Do they need permission for every ride which goes in? Also, as there was previously a ride there, do they need planning to put a ride in its place?

If my garage fell down, I wouldnt need planning permission to replace it.

I think they do,

there are loads of other factors than space.

like traffic,environmental issues, and so many other factors.

It depends on the terms I guess. Towers can build stuff without planning. Smiler didn't need permission other than for the station building. Octanauts had nothing too. Thorpe however have to give details at least of colours, materials etc especially for buildings due to the floorspace issue. Chessington might be able to build smaller stuff, remember we've no idea what this is. It could be basically nothing. Also, permission request could have gone in but the council have yet to put it online. It sometimes takes Runnymede 2-3 weeks. Plus, Thorpe had built The Swarm's billboard before it was approved so you know.

• pluk unpinned this topic