As Colossus is one of the old rollercoasters in the park that was the first 10 looping coaster in the world and was opened to public March 22nd 2002.

Well I was thinking that THORPE PARK RESORT and Merlin Entertainments should upgrade Colossus by getting rid of the loud noise of the chain lift

and repainting the whole track and making Colossus be a stand-up rollercoaster, this means you would have a bit more leg room and it will be the 

first 10-looping stand-up rollercoaster. This is just my opinion, you might not agree with me at all but this is just my opinion on what THORPE PARK

RESORT & Merlin Entertainments should do to improve Colossus.

-Callum

Not gunna lie, Colossus with stand up trains would be bloody hideous, its bad enough as it is and stand ups are notoriously rough so this would be a lose lose. Lap-bar trains would be better.

^yeah im not sure if the current lay out would be able to handle standing trains without serious work.

That said would love to maybe see the new Intamin trains on it with lap bars!

I doubt it would be possible for a number of reasons, one being that the dive under the shop comes quite close so a taller train probably wouldn't be an option.  I would be happy to see the new style trains on it.

Making Colossus standup would be a terrible decision imo. The trains are painful enough!

If Colossus were to get new trains, then it would be something like the trains used on the clone at Cinecitta World. 

No no and no ..... New lapbar trains / floorless trains would sort out headbanging ..... And possibly mean they can remarket it

But stand up are you mad?  they are so uncomfortable maybe a chance with a supersmooth B&M and even then I'm sceptical 

As someone who wants to get towed behind the Big One at Blackpool on roller skates,

I'd give Colossus a go as a stand up.

I've done Shockwave at Drayton no hands and no feet...

and my goolies are still sore a decade later.

Bring it on.

I'm shocked no one picked up on the worst aspect of this suggestion in the removal of the now iconic lift hill noise... That would be a travesty!

My friend and I had a whale of a time on Colossus. It was great. Saw however was literally torture though. He did not want to go back on it. Well done Colossus, you've still got it!! Although the amount of rickety noise it makes and the bumpiness reminds me of the roller coaster crash from Final Destination 3