Depth Charge

Garyy

• 4 weeks later...

I love Depth Charge and I am not ashamed to admit it. Although it only takes a few seconds to reach the bottom of the slide it offers great views of the park and has always been a great ride since it opened. Recently I have tried to ride it on every visit as it is only going to be a matter of time before it leaves the park. Hopefully it will still have a few more seasons at the park yet though!

• 3 months later...

Hi all, perhaps a bit off topic but dent there used to be some sort of small playground near Depth Charge called Sea Snakes and Ladder? Only it used to appear on the attraction list but has disappeared in recent years.

The play area left in about 2008/09, and has been turned into a grassy area whihc people sometimes use for picnics.

From the picture I've seen, the red dingies look nice!

I genuinely thought Depth Charge was on its way out so I'm a bit taken back that they've given it new boats.

The day they get rid of this ride and the beach I shall be very happy. People may moan at my opinion for wanting to get rid of the beach too, but think of this...take Depth Charge away and leave the beach there, what do you suppose they put in instead? Getting rid of both is better.

The day they get rid of this ride and the beach I shall be very happy. People may moan at my opinion for wanting to get rid of the beach too, but think of this...take Depth Charge away and leave the beach there, what do you suppose they put in instead? Getting rid of both is better.

I still long for the day they remove the beach/depth charge and have a large entrance area with fountains etc (similar to the Towers entrance street).

If Depth Charge does go It should be for something better than a blasted fountain! This isn't Pleasure Beach were talking about!

Ash

I meant the beach bit would be where a fountain or an entrance piece could go. I'm sure they'd squeeze some spinny flat ride in in place of Depth Charge.

Though quite a few people seem to shun Depth Charge, I would like it stay for a while as its one of Thorpes classics and the way you enter the park with the beach and the rides in the distance is quite exciting how you're at the start of the thrilling experience.

With new boats (and what appears to be some tlc to the ride), I can see Depth Charge staying at least three more years.

I actually find Depth Charge a lot of fun, but I guess if they're aiming to be the National's Thrill Capital, it doesn't fit in, at all. I'm kind of baffled (and I think they are too) about which direction they're going in. They target themselves at teenagers/young adults, but they added Storm Surge and have now lowered the height limit of X. Maybe it's because of all the teenage pregnancies about the park can appeal to their kids too :P