TPM Fright Nights Meet Saturday 13th Oct 2018

Mattgwise

4 hours ago, Jack said:

I’ve never been to a meet and I know it’ll be fine once I’m there, but meeting a big group of people who all already know each other is very daunting...

I’m not very good in social situations but I want to come badly so I’ll try my best to come. Just put me down as a maybe for now.

Nor have I, this will be my first! So you aren’t alone there don’t worry. I’m sure within 5 minutes we’ll wonder why we were even nervous in the first place 

14 minutes ago, jessica2 said:

Nor have I, this will be my first! So you aren’t alone there don’t worry. I’m sure within 5 minutes we’ll wonder why we were even nervous in the first place 

With two of you new to the group it is a perfect opportunity. 

If its any help I actually only joined the group at the start of the 2017 season due to being too nervous to go on previous visits! Within 5 mins I was fine and enjoying myself. Now I'm running trips! It's madness.

I've made some great friends who all share similar interests.

• 3 weeks later...

TPM meets are lots of fun and this one should be no exception. 

You get to meet people of different ages and opinions, but everyone has one main thing in common, they enjoy theme park type attractions. 

Its not just sbout getting on tonnes of rides but the social side too. From laugh out loud memories to plenty of banter and shenanigans. 

Still thinking if I should dress up for this meet up. If yes, what as? 

Being myself is perhaps scary enough for some people!

On 9/23/2018 at 7:05 PM, MattyMoo said:

I could end up going to Thorpe three times in October, incredible scenes - 4th, 11th and 13th ?

That would total 4 times for me this year, which is unheard of for me haha.

Same for me! I usually only ever go to the park 2 times a year, one of those being for FN.  

4 times in total for me this year is a first and pretty much a miracle! ? 

So just now I realised that you need to pre-book at £20 if you hold a standard Merlin annual pass.......

This is not a joke.

I only have a standard AP, but this is quite a blow for me and I should have checked the website beforehand.

As a result, I am devastated to say I don't think I can attend the meet now. I'm so sorry guys

I too have only just realised/remembered  about the pre-booking for passes and can strongly say £20 is not acceptable and as a result of Tomb not going amongst other things arising, I must make the difficult decision and unfortunately also decline attendance on this occasion. 

I would like to wish those that go, a frightfully enjoyable time and hope to see you all at another meet soon (fingers crossed for Christmas). 

Until then, Dead Creek Out!

One week to go until the meet:

Reminder of the plan:

Park opening - Meet in the dome

10:15 - Start making way around the rides

1:30ish - Lunch 

2:30 - Meet back up and start making way to first maze choice.

3:30 onwards - More mazes and rides in the dark until close (maybe another stop for food later if people hungry)

I will be actively on my phone during the morning aspect of the trip so if people need to make contact for whatever reason they can either PM through the forum or just PM me your number prior to the trip.

Finally it's not too late to join and if your plans have changed and you are no longer coming, but you're listed as attending please do let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

Unfortunately I’ve had to pull out of this meet for financial reasons - MAP has expired plus money is tight at the moment so probably couldn’t have made it anyway. I’m gutted as the Fright Nights meets are always good ?

I will definitely see you all at the Christmas meet though ?