X

Garyy

Speakers are (I assume) standard Bose or similar branded speakers which are all mounted on a large central cylinder along with the majority of the new lights.

Noise level is loud enough but is considerably quiter than any actual club or rave.

Ah, they should have used proper club speakers, BOSE speakers are are not supposed to be used for an environment like that, they'll die within a year. I can guarantee

JBL should have been used.

I actually think the lights in the 'arena' bit look really, really good. It's a shame they kept the block brakes in as I still feel it kills the flow of the ride, but it's nice to see it's received some TLC, just would hope in the future the club music will play throughout the whole arena and not just in the queue line.

I actually think the lights in the 'arena' bit look really, really good. It's a shame they kept the block brakes in as I still feel it kills the flow of the ride, but it's nice to see it's received some TLC, just would hope in the future the club music will play throughout the whole arena and not just in the queue line.

The problem with that would mean the throughput would be a lot worse in what's already not too high. I think it ha 4-5 trains.

Nice effert with obtaining vid, I really am looking forward to giving it a go. I agree keeping the block brakes for the good of the rides thru-put was the correct thing to do. However, I would love to have just one go without them and see what the old girl is capable of!

Ash

Does anyone know if the outside queue area has been updated? I hated queueing outside for the old X because it looked purely like a mini-garden! I hope they have updated it!

I do think in future we will get music playing in the whole pyramid and on ride photos re-installed, thorpe will see how the photos go and if they don't succeed they will get rid of them, like they did on detty.

There isn't really the sudden shock for an on-ride vid. Revenue probably wouldn't be high enough on a ride like X for the pictures to be viable (think start up costs and staff). Although the tunnels haven't really appeared the lights and sound seem to be good and if needs be then I'm sure Thope will extent the sound system/ improve it.

What would you rarther it look like out of intrest? :P

For a start, I would like X to be updated again, maybe in 2015 or something just to keep it fresh! I would like to rename it back to its real name of X NO WAY OUT and the ride would make it seem like there is truly no way out. You queue outside in modern railings(a bit like the ones used for samurai). There is a big queue line area located towards the right hand side of the pyramid(not exactly sure where though) and after a wait, you get disptached into a big group. You enter the murky darkness of the corridors of X, not knowing what is lurking round the corner, and you suddenly plunge into a mirror maze, not an ordinary mirror maze, a LIVE mirror maze. Actors jump out at you, you scream, you try to run, but there is no where to run, you are lost in X. Only the bravest will survive, and make it through part 1 of X, you think it is all over, but there is more to come!

Actors grab your bags from you(not literally) and you are pushed into a room with several doors, the room is spinning around you, you don't know which door to take, and the wrong door will bring you TORTURE! If you make it through that room(which everyone eventually does) you get shoved onto a carriage, no ordinary carriage, but a two sided carriage! You plunge into a world of mysterious flashes and fog and you beleive there is truly no way out of the horrible torture. Oh, and did we mention, YOUR SPINNING THE WHOLE TIME? You stop, you think the torture is about to end, you think your life will be gone and this pain will be released. Actors grab you from the carriage, pull you, take you to a torture chamber, but they accidentally let go! You run, you run as fast as you can! You have escaped X no way out!