X

Garyy

Double post, but whatever...

Yeah it doesn't stop on the brakes anymore (kinda, it still stops on the 3rd one which I think is down to stacking), making it weird tbh...

Does it make a massive difference to the experience? Based on what someone else on my train said, nope, it's still turdio, they might have polished it but it's clearly still not good enough for the main target audience...

Interesting!

So do the trains coast right through with momentum, or get driven through by the tyres? Do the brake runs still slow down the pace of the ride?

It's partly momentum, but the brakes can and do slow the train down (in the same fashion as any MCBR would)...

Well, the lack of stopping on the brakes should make the whole experience less awkward, like how it was the last time I rode it. Still reckon I'll prefer it backwards with the stops than forwards without the stops though.

Anyone know why it only happened recently, as opposed to when the ride opened? Was it to do with Vekoma? I had heard when the rumour first came about the brakes would no longer be used, so it doesn't seem to be a late of plan.

Well, the lack of stopping on the brakes should make the whole experience less awkward, like how it was the last time I rode it. Still reckon I'll prefer it backwards with the stops than forwards without the stops though.

Anyone know why it only happened recently, as opposed to when the ride opened? Was it to do with Vekoma? I had heard when the rumour first came about the brakes would no longer be used, so it doesn't seem to be a late of plan.

Probably a case of Thorpe running out of time because they wanted it open for Good Friday. Still don't know what took them so long with the signs though, they could be changed overnight!

Well, I think it is still a good thing. But doesn't it need to stop on the block brakes to have 4 cars running?

Now this is where I think something has gone wrong... Before they removed the breaks(with 4 cars) the queue was around 20 mins... Now with the breaks removed, the queue was 45/60 mins today. Surely they have removed some cars or something to see this massive rise in queue time!?

The lack of brakes 1 and 2 massively improve the ride and give it more sense. It still runs 4 trains just you stop on brake 3 and the one before the exit. To try and remove this waiting on brake 3 the staff were loading and dispatching each train as fast as possible today. The queue did get quite high at certain points today but you've got to remember more people can ride it now and it did close twice that I saw due to 'essential cleaning.' Yes people are still being sick on X even though it's going forwards now.

Overall today the experience was great. Lots of haze throughout the building creating what you could call tunnels of light due to the lasers. Love the way they've randomly numbered the trains with train 3 having 3 red pieces of tape and train 4 having a 4 on front made out of masking tape :P

My only complaint is the lack of music in the zig-zag queue line part where you are often likely to have to wait.

Bank Holiday Weekend = possibly busiest day so far of season.

Surely that equates to higher queue times.

I'm not sure if you're talking about today, but when I went on Saturday the queue's weren't actually that bad at all. Most I queued up was an hour for front row Stealth, including a delay of like 10 minutes when they had to put the second train in. I got on like 13 rides, all the big coasters, shortest we queued was walk on for Saw at the beginning of the day.. So this Saturday.. wasn't actually busy at all, and club nights were on aswell!

never really like X No Way Out... but having been on X today, really enjoyed it, the lighting was really cool, and going forwards made it a lot better, especially without the dropping backwards on brake sections... instead went pretty much straight through/up apart from the 3rd one which we just stopped for a few seconds. the music did sound a bit on the quieter side when on the ride, but was still good; I think the music is loud though because you can hear it when queuing next to it going into the Colossus station, just appears quiet with the noise of the ride I'm guessing.

I would have happily gone on it again (whereas before would have refused to go on it again, after once was bad enough!), and I feel it is a great improvement and gives the ride the new lease of life it needed!

Queues today for it seemed to stay around 30/35 mins... although walked straight on it in the morning.

Gutted the other day... Got to the baggage hold only to be told that all the lights, lasers and smoke wouldn't be working as they were all broken.

I've ridden it with the lasers n lights before but wanted to see the new stuff they had put in there as well as not stopping on the block breaks...

It was weird going forwards in the dark though!