X

Garyy

I'd rather see NWO as an Intamin Blitz...

**trying to be as modest as possible** I actually think my idea is rather good here, although it is a bit too over dramatic, I think a horror themed X could actually work. The name is just random and I think my theme actually fits well with the old name. If you guys don't like it, I will just design my own 'no way out', as described in thrill palace in future.

Only those who are nice to me get free entry ;)

**trying to be as modest as possible** I actually think my idea is rather good here, although it is a bit too over dramatic, I think a horror themed X could actually work. The name is just random and I think my theme actually fits well with the old name. If you guys don't like it, I will just design my own 'no way out', as described in thrill palace in future.

Only those who are nice to me get free entry ;)

Parts of the idea could work very well during fright nights.

Went to thorpe park today, everything was a walk on que I went on except this, qued 20-30 mins. Theres deffinatley not 5 trains anymore because normally theres a train in the station as soon as the other one leaves which did not happen. X was brilliant with all the smoke, lights and them music. Its annoying that in the inside que some of its new lighting and some of its old, it looks funny and also in the station they still have X no way out signs, shame they diddnt make new ones.

Well X... hmmm

Went this evening, everything in the park had 5 min queues or less so we decided to do X. This was the biggest mistake and I will not be repeating this again.

we waited outside in the cold for 15 mins, then we were let in. I was impressed with the lighting in the corridor the new speakers were great. Then we got to the ramp, and waited and waited, then moved slowly then waited and waited, 25 mins later I got to the baggage drop. By this time I had waited so long my blood was boiling. I entered the building all optimistic and I had not even put my bag in I had waited sooooo long that all I wanted to do was get out, but I was stuck inside with screaming teenagers.

I spoke to the baggage attendant and asked why the throughput of the ride was so poor, I was told:

"We only have two of the four trains as the others are still in the Nederlands" If I had known this, I would not have queued for 45 mins..... At this point it didn't matter what they had done to X I didn't want to go on it and I wasn't going to enjoy it.

After leaving X I managed to get Stealth in twice, Swarm Twice and Saw in just 30 mins.... Not an effective use of time, hence my frustration and anger

Now I have had time to calm down...

• The place looks nicer with a good paint job
  • The speakers as you walk down are the right volume and create a good atmosphere, but only half the corridor had been fitted out with speakers, so when you get to the end of the corridor where it zig zags and the poor lighting is, there is no sound
  • Still the signs needs updating
  • Good to see the old TVs and Power plant which didn't work removed
  • All new new LEDs look fantastic
  • Going forwards, didn't really improve the ride experience IMO
  • The 1M height restriction is fantastic for younger ones
  • The cars are comfortable and the new lap bars work ok
  • The smoke totally works
  • The central light column looks good
  • Love the lasers too
  • Music works
  • Music should have been louder IMO
  • The lights need a little work some of the effects are wow, others are disapointing
  • Strobe lighting might be a good addition
  • There are moments where there isn't much music
  • Now there is light inside you see the supports and just how tight the ride is, so you get a few near misses
  • The brake sections, brake section 1 worked well, the second brake section where it went back then stopped, this jolted us badly, it would be better is the ride just stopped rather than trying to go backwards then forwards

In Summary:

I would not queue more than 10 mins for this, it is good to get out of the rain, there has been an improvement, but not enough to make me wanna go back on in every visit.

For a low investment year and for a ride which has been badly neglected, they have done a good job.

Quote from somebody else collecting their bag "Its just like the flying fish, but in a nightclub."

**trying to be as modest as possible** I actually think my idea is rather good here, although it is a bit too over dramatic, I think a horror themed X could actually work. The name is just random and I think my theme actually fits well with the old name.

Although it might sound good in your head, really riders would just be aimlessly wandering through mirrors while low-wage actors snarl or pull your hair (see how awful the actors in Saw Alive were when it was a year-round attraction), and your plan for the coaster itself sounds like Dragon's Fury in the dark. And a 'torture' theme is too grim and unsuited to such a boring ride, it wouldn't even appeal to sadists. I once made up my own elaborate plan for X as well, including a 'scary' run-through pre show; but then I realised it would never work because X is too physically boring to carry off any theme convincingly - that's down to its poor design.

That's why I think removing all traces of theme and just sticking a load of flashing lights in was actually a good idea. X should be treated like the weird anomaly it is!

Although I think fixing the false lifts would have suited the ride somewhat, I guess those will never be back.

As I missed English revision to go and ride X I shall write a nice detailed review about it (this whole post may therefore contain spoilers).

Firstly, I was very impressed by the changes. Definately an improvement on X:/ No Way Out (which wasn't difficult I know). The queue is still mainly outside with groups of people (only about 20 at the moment due to the low capacity) being let in every couple of minutes. Thankfully, the awful soundtrack that once played has been removed and replaced with the new club style track that plays throughout the ride/queue. Just incase you had somehow got entranced into this music (which many people in the queue had and were enjoying very much) and forgot that Storm Surge is next to you the wind will pick up just to blow the leaking water towards you creating a bit of moisture. If enough people complain about it they may put up a warning sign about getting wet.

Once inside the building you instantly notice the improvements down the first corridor. Two LED X's are on the ceiling with improved lighting all round. The next corridor consists of the old lighting plus a few white lights and the music which was playing just at the right volume. Unfortunatley, the next straight is still silent as is zig-zag section which is a shame as this is the only part inside the buliding you are likely to be waiting in. The new purple/blue LED arrows are very nice plus the X logo on the wall. Baggage hold is the same as is the pointless room that follows.

You then stand behind the airgates as usual and a shiny black car arrives going forwards. I thought that the cars would be very cramped due to the individual lapbars but they seem easier to get in to. Once the all clear is given you leave the station (still going forwards incase you had forgotten :P ) and enter the pyramid which is filled with lights, sound and a bit of mist. Whilst going forwards you get a good sense of how fast the ride is at some points and thanks to the lights get some near misses with the track (they've always been there just not normally seen). The random stops are still there but give you a good chance to look around, especially at the central light column which is very cool. Going forwards is odd and does make it seem like an entirely new ride due to the different sensations.

When we came off I could see mixed reviews. A group of 4 young adults said that is was dissapointing, however, all the kids (which there were many of thanks to the new 1 metre height restriction) loved it and wanted to go again so it has been succesful towards its new target audience.

There are still many improvements that can be done to X (many of which will happen soon like having it on full capacity and new signs). One thing I would like to see are the tunnels of light as promised. Even if it is a black cloth placed around the stops and a few lights inside. The music also needs to be played all around the queue, not just a few parts of it. Overall though I was impressed with the cahnges and will happily ride it again. Don't let the POV fool you into thinking it is terrible. POV's generally don't show off a ride well compared to its actual experience, but this is especially the case with X.

I felt it was a good improvement to X No Way Out, the idea is great, however the music is simply not loud enough, if you are to base this ride on Music and Light, especially a poor 'thrill' ride as this one, the Music has to emphasis its existence ..Concert volume will do it justice and the rest will be perfect for the ride, on the ride it needs a bit more smoke and louder music besides that...all is great!

The ride sections seemed so short going forwards, when going backward each section to the next break run felt a lot longer than forwards, but oh well, much better ride now...Just need it to be louder, much much louder, I don't care if it is uncomfortable to be in the queue/ride for long, that's the idea of the ride...to be a night club!