JoshC.

Fright Nights 2020 - No Spoilers

12 hours ago, Ringo said:

Went yesterday and was surprised there was no visible police, usually you see them walking round with the parks security.

I believe that they opted to have a lot of plain clothed officers and security guards this year, which could be why there might feel like less of a visible presence.

The other issue is that if things do happen and they're needed, they're obviously off park, so it seems like there's less. This would be particularly true yesterday when there's lot of incidents happening.

12 hours ago, Ringo said:

tonight sounds terrible, the frontline staff have been let down by management if reports are accurate. It’s also common knowledge that for years a % of that group get in via Monks walk - why haven’t the park done something about the fencing.

This could be completely wrong, but I remember hearing something about there being some planning issues to do with the fencing, and that the council will only let it be a certain height, etc. And there's limitations as to what the park can do with it as it's technically a fence that is owned and maintained by the council. As I say, that might not be the exact case, but I do know it's not a simple case of the park can repair / replace it how they see fit.

From what I understand, the park did put a big cap on number yesterday (I believe it's less than half the usual capacity they would have for such a day before Covid). Impossible to say what the actual numbers were like without being there, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people did get in without tickets. Plus, with pass holders not having their prebooked tickets checked, that could also be a potential problem.

I'm sure the park had lots of other measures in place that we will never know about, but for one reason or another, what has happened, happened. I'm sure there's plenty of things that the park's security team did to stop things being even worse than they were too. That's little consolation to anyone who was there and no doubt didn't get anything like a full experience of course. Whatever they tried didn't work well enough.

Yeah I went back on 'that sunday' back in 2017, it really is bloody horrible. I have also done it at Scarefest as well, but at Scarefest they didn't sell booze and had security everywhere so it felt a little less horrible. 

Its a shame they still haven't got on top of it, like you think at this point they would have security measures galore in place. Well either way shame on the people who ruin the experience for others.

https://parksscaresandglitter.blog/2020/10/19/yesterday-at-thorpe-park/

By far the best response I have seen, and I guess these vloggers, who probably took that pic are immune from the rule of 6.

Either way if I saw the park as busy as that within that area I would probably just move on and avoid the area and perhaps find a quieter more chilled area. Or in the case of most of these Vloggers, I would just call it quits and head back next week on a quieter day rather than complaining on twitter in seek of vlogger credibility and an invite to next years press event. 

46 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Either way if I saw the park as busy as that within that area I would probably just move on and avoid the area and perhaps find a quieter more chilled area. Or in the case of most of these Vloggers, I would just call it quits and head back next week on a quieter day rather than complaining on twitter in seek of vlogger credibility and an invite to next years press event. 

Isn't it 25 quid tho for even passholders? It isn't cheap to go back, its not like last year when you could literally just come back the week after for free. Maybe they had the mazes booked, which are £10 each. Obviously not the park's fault, but if you paid £45 quid as a passholder alltogether and things were like Sunday, I would be wanna rant a bit lol. Even if they could come back the week after, that would be another 45 quid with the mazes. Which is a lot money right now considering a lot of people are being made redundant and a lot of job sectors are going under.