Chessington Music

^So true, some rides benefit from PA use, Black Buccaneer I always used as a chance to interact with guests because of the proximity to them and the fact that everyone was up for a good time as there were no queues...Yet on rides like Sea Dragons and Griffins, they benefit from the pre-recorded more because... Well, there's barely any interaction that can be done during the ride due to the nature of them... And quite often, Vampire's atmosphere is ruined by an operator... Booming music changing to someone yelling "RECHECK" loudly into a loud sound system is deafening and completely killer...I want Fury dispatch announcement back btw as an aside... Was rather epic...

The reason that Griffins prerecords and a fair bit of Fury not working, is due to the fact the rack is in one rack and amp system.People are looking at splitting it up into 3 separate ones so that there is more space for things such as Fury Dispatch, and the station atmosphere loop. Sir Walter Squirtalot may also get some sound effects.Watch this space!

Sir Walter Squirtalot may also get some sound effects.

LOL...Squirt-a-lot is the epitomy of the poor design of Land of the Dragons... He's just stumbled upon by guests in the same way they stumble upon Griffins...In all honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing him and Truckers) removed in the future... It's kinda a waste...EDIT - Another point, is the Griffins ride music buggered or the operators just not playing it? I don't think Land of the Dragons ever recovered from the powercuts music wise what with all the fuses blowing out... Since then the music has been rather buggered...

LOL...Squirt-a-lot is the epitomy of the poor design of Land of the Dragons... He's just stumbled upon by guests in the same way they stumble upon Griffins...In all honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing him and Truckers) removed in the future... It's kinda a waste...

It'd help his cause if he actually worked!He's being fixed at the moment I believe, probably be working next week or at least in time for half term.

• 1 year later...

I miss the Exterior BubbleWorks queue loop. I know it was not part of the original ride (composed by Ian Habgood in the late 90s I think, rather than Grahm Smart who did the original music inside the ride) but it reminds me of my first visits to Chessington. It's a great quirky piece in itself but not really fitting to the rest of Transylvania with all those fluid, sneezing and machinery sound effects.

I have the old Chessington entrance music. I know it was composed for another theme park in Europe, and there is a longer different version - does anyone know where I can download it?

Heide Park entrance music. Not sure if this is the extended version as the one I have downloaded as Chesssington Pre 2009 entrance theme is also 6:52.

This video is the same 6:52 version you and I have. It doesn't have the Transylvania or Beanoland parts in it. Therefore this is probably the full version.

It takes me back to the good old days about 8 years ago. I do miss it. I used to listen it on loop when waiting for a bus home! I think it was used at the entrance since opening in 1987, unless anyone can correct me? When the current Call To Adventure theme replaced this in 2010, I was unsure about the change, but I think it was for the best and probably long overdue!

Am I really the only one who loves the Hocus Pocus Hall music? It's so magical and whimsical, totally reminds me of my childhood.

Hocus Pocus theme is actually fab, really under-rated...

Actually, aside from the Bubbleworks Duck rape, I'm struggling to think of a bad music track at Chessie...

Am I really the only one who loves the Hocus Pocus Hall music? It's so magical and whimsical, totally reminds me of my childhood.

I like it - at one point, I had it as my ringtone. :D

Hocus Pocus theme is actually fab, really under-rated...

Actually, aside from the Bubbleworks Duck rape, I'm struggling to think of a bad music track at Chessie...

And it's 10 this year!

I can think of 2 bad tracks - the old Pirate Blasta music that used to be used in Pirates Cove when it was near Seastorm. And the selection of tunes for the Rattlesnake entrance.