The News

Phyciodes

Some of those lasagnes have 100% horsemeat in :o But presumably nobody noticed a difference in taste? Which is interesting as it goes to show how psychology can affect the senses; if you don't know you're eating something different you'll eat it. Well, that and the fact that horse can't taste too different to beef :P

Some of those lasagnes have 100% horsemeat in :o But presumably nobody noticed a difference in taste? Which is interesting as it goes to show how psychology can affect the senses; if you don't know you're eating something different you'll eat it. Well, that and the fact that horse can't taste too different to beef :P

Well I'm done for then, I've never eaten horse.

You'd be surprised. Not proud of this at all but horse tastes a little bit like beef in my opinion. And a lil like ham. But you're right with the psychology part, if you perceive something to be one thing you can trick the senses.

I've heard it tastes like Camel. Personally I really want to try it and think they should keep it on the shelves and just say to you when you buy it that that product is now actually horse. Me dad and his partner had this the other night and thought it tasted weird and through it away and I was like hello, I would have eaten that!

Over reaction this whole story. I get people are concerned about the labeling and that is the issue so you Joe public start whining about the labels and not the meat!

• 1 month later...

The reason they, along with every other news empire, wants to destroy the BBC is for things like this. They don't want us being given news and entertainment for 'free' when they can try and hold us ransom for it without actually offering anything of any real value.

Just a shame the government is in their pocket and so much of the public go along with this 'evil BBC' line the press throw at us so incessantly. We'll miss it when its gone!

So the parents of the 6 children killed in that Derby house fire are going to be sentenced for manslaughter, along with their friend. It's just...I can't even find the words :( It was a botched plan to gain custody of the father's other children he had with his mistress, and frame her, but the fact that they took such a gamble with their children's lives is insane.

I just watched the Panorama about it on iPlayer and I feel sick tbh :( Not just because of what the parents did but how they reacted afterwards; one of the wife's sisters was saying that when visitng the eldest in hospital while he was dieing, the parents were moaning that the hospital hadn't provided them with food and were discussing where to order a Chinese from. The wife tried to accuse her dad of abusing her as a young girl, which he didn't, but despite that accusation along with killing her children, he said he would always be there for her, because she's his own flesh and blood, and then he broke down crying :( Shame she and her husband didn't feel like that about their own children! The husband sounds nasty and like he has no empathy at all. Infact both parents are just sick in the head!

Quite frightening when they showed images of the house afterwards too. And when the fire investigators explained that the petrol plus the varnished wooden bannister on the stairs helped it spread so quickly and how little chance anyone would have to survive :( Oh and hearing the 999 call recording was awful.

Really shouldn't have watched that before sleeping but I wanted to and I know that if I hadn't done it there and then I would have forgotten.

I've seen so many statuses praising the fact that she is dead. The lack of respect some people have really angers me. Yeah you may not agree with some of her politics, but at the end of the day she was still a human being with many people who loved and cared for her.

For example...

"We were owed big and balance delivered. See ya Maggie you f****** troll."

Gah :closedeyes:

Some people are bastards. This country had a split opinion of her when she was in power. I don't agree with everything she did, and to say she did more right than wrong is a matter of opinion. But at the end of the day she was an icon, a legend.

Love her or hate her, she played an important role in the 20th century. She'll be remembered for generations to come.