Troubleshooting

NickD

Lol so it seems like everyone has just got kicked out of chat/signed out from the forums!I was in chat on my iPhone and it said I was kicked, so I refreshed like I normally would but it came up with an error page thing. Then I noticed it said I had been logged out (and at this point had tried the full version to check it wasn't an issue with the mobile theme). :oI've come on my laptop and signed in and can access chat again but everyone has gone, so I'm guessing the same happened to them?

Same Mer, Ian came in few minutes before saying that everyone would be kicked because he's running an update... :)

All seven of this idiot's posts are rude and have sent the swear filter into meltdown. We've no time for people like this so a short PM and a trip to the Admin CP later and both "Jesus Likes Colo" and "James McMurderma" (both accounts share the same IP and were registered within two minutes of each other) are banned.

All seven of this idiot's posts are rude and have sent the swear filter into meltdown. We've no time for people like this so a short PM and a trip to the Admin CP later and both "Jesus Likes Colo" and "James McMurderma" (both accounts share the same IP and were registered within two minutes of each other) are banned.

I quite agree that we should get a Diving Machine clone at Thorpe though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Why are some of my images disappearing from posts and being replaced with little square things? Very annoying, especially in posts like trip reports!

Happens on both my phone and PC, although I haven't tried a different browser yet. But I don't think it's that, because it doesn't happen to all photos.

For example, in my Guildford TR, some photos show up and some don't, yet they are all from the same album and I haven't moved them or done anything that would affect the link. It only seems to be Facebook photos it happens to, I *think* Photobucket links are ok (that's the only other site I upload pics to).

After having a browse, I see it's happened to other people's posts, glad it's not just me :P

Would be grateful if this is looked into :)

Thanks!

I am probably the least technical person on TPM, so someone else may well have a better idea. But...

If I edit the post and cut and paste the URL into the address bar it still does not recognise the picture, suggesting it is not a TPM embedding issue but an issue with the source.

I then looked at the Guildford trip from you and selected a photo at random that was not displaying ('I made Sheepie a hat'). I then went to your facebook photos and what do you know? The photo isn't there! I think all the trip report photos were from your account, so I guess the ever reliable facebook has deleted or temporarily lost some pictures. Take a look at some of your own pics that are not displaying, and see if they are still on your facebook page. If they are there then take a look at the URL's to see what has changed, that might answer it.

This might all be BS because, as I say, I am rubbish at this malarkey.

Good point; I've noticed recently that with Facebook image links, sometimes they end in .jpg and sometimes there's a load of other stuff after the .jpg. This was happening when I made the post but initially they all worked. It's also happened in chat but they'll still work. You'd think the ones with stuff after .jpg wouldn't work, so maybe that's what's happened.

Silly Facebook.

I am probably the least technical person on TPM, so someone else may well have a better idea. But...

If I edit the post and cut and paste the URL into the address bar it still does not recognise the picture, suggesting it is not a TPM embedding issue but an issue with the source.

I then looked at the Guildford trip from you and selected a photo at random that was not displaying ('I made Sheepie a hat'). I then went to your facebook photos and what do you know? The photo isn't there! I think all the trip report photos were from your account, so I guess the ever reliable facebook has deleted or temporarily lost some pictures. Take a look at some of your own pics that are not displaying, and see if they are still on your facebook page. If they are there then take a look at the URL's to see what has changed, that might answer it.

This might all be BS because, as I say, I am rubbish at this malarkey.

Not very technical. Well I'm no perfectionist either (yes peeps, you're not dreaming), but you've assatained a probable problem better than I could!

*slaps sticky gold star on pluk for good work* :D

As Pluk said, Photos will disappear if the link becomes corrupt. This can happen due to server shutdowns, or the photo being removed from the source!

If not, your post may have been edited by a moderator or admin due to something, I don't know :P

Don't go putting it into peoples head that its the mods and admins Ricky..

As Pluk said, Photos will disappear if the link becomes corrupt. This can happen due to server shutdowns, or the photo being removed from the source!

If not, your post may have been edited by a moderator or admin due to something, I don't know :P

Naughty mods ;)

Haha I know it isn't mods editing it, because it's happened to other people's posts too :P

I'm pretty sure it is Facebook fannying about, JamesC had the issue when trying to post a photo last night and it had all the gobbledegook after .jpg, came up as a square, removed the gobbledegook and it worked!

Problem *hopefully* solved, thanks guys (well, mainly pluk as he was the first to mention Facebook links not working etc :P ) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Question:

On the online members list on the main page, you can click on a members name to view their profile. But sometimes I see a member online where you can't click, namely Google, just wondering why is that?

Also, don't mean to be picky and I know its IPB but the time format is wrong. It shouldn't be 02:00 PM, either 2:00 PM or 14:00. I see members can't customise their settings too.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering if it is possible to change my display name as when I made my account a few years back I thought it would be clever to use a zero instead of an 'O' which I'm starting to regret.

Also it would be nice to have all my accounts across forums and other sites e.g. ridecount.com reading the same display name (tomathy) thats all.

• 1 month later...

You know the "My Media" button where you can add media to your post, well how do we upload the images in the first place? It would be useful to be able to add photos to posts seeing as linking to Facebook has it's problems with the URLS.

There used to be the option to add photos to posts, like you can with blogs, but I can't seem to find it :P