Tidal Wave

Harry

• 2 months later...
I think that was the same with the Original Source splash zone too, it is not in the right place and too far left. Though I guess the water changes direction depending on the weather and weight of people in the boat.As for the Dr Pepper theming, I am glad it is (mostly) in good taste. The signs fit the theming such as a damaged "Dr Pepper bathroom fittings, Amity Cove" sign on the wrecked bathroom. It fits the theming and mostly fits in which is something that Original Source didn't do and therefore looked out of place.What I don't like is that sign at the top that tries to make a last-second joke. It has lots of small words on a warning sign that you are supposed to try and read before going over the drop, panicking becuase you don'y have time to read it all. It just doesn't really work and looks weird. :) Glad to see Tidal Wave looking quite nice, too. Apart from the vandalised toilet and huge puddle under the leaking patch. Those flashing lights on the entrance sign are great to have working, even if they are just a little detail. Hopefully (hopefully) they might make an attempt to fix the water tower next year or possibly (just possibly) rebuild the gas ball's equipment.

I think that was the same with the Original Source splash zone too, it is not in the right place and too far left. Though I guess the water changes direction depending on the weather and weight of people in the boat.As for the Dr Pepper theming, I am glad it is (mostly) in good taste. The signs fit the theming such as a damaged "Dr Pepper bathroom fittings, Amity Cove" sign on the wrecked bathroom. It fits the theming and mostly fits in which is something that Original Source didn't do and therefore looked out of place.What I don't like is that sign at the top that tries to make a last-second joke. It has lots of small words on a warning sign that you are supposed to try and read before going over the drop, panicking becuase you don'y have time to read it all. It just doesn't really work and looks weird. :) Glad to see Tidal Wave looking quite nice, too. Apart from the vandalised toilet and huge puddle under the leaking patch. Those flashing lights on the entrance sign are great to have working, even if they are just a little detail. Hopefully (hopefully) they might make an attempt to fix the water tower next year or possibly (just possibly) rebuild the gas ball's equipment.

The Gas ball wont be coming back, the costs involved are just too great to justify, its not just the flame equipment that needs stripping and overhauling but the pipes that feed the gas have corroded through thanks to the chlorinated water, The water tower however, is a more likely option.

When they painted the doctor pepper splash zone, was it painted more to the left?I was just wondering as the splash never seems to hit that spot :)

Ill give you a grand if you get the splash zone in the place where it hits 100%. Wont happen. Never EVER will. Thats like asking a giraffe to eat the moon. Seriously tke into accoutn that weight/weather/water level and what not have a huge impact on how big the wave is and where the wave lands.

• 2 weeks later...

VE of WAVE is blown by the looks of things. The rest works.Posted Image

Here is an excellent example of why Thorpe should just downright ignore its most loyal fans. After years of being off they have finally fixed the Tidal Wave sign fully. And exactly how many posts have been made congratulating them for getting it going again?Two.

The Gas ball wont be coming back, the costs involved are just too great to justify, its not just the flame equipment that needs stripping and overhauling but the pipes that feed the gas have corroded through thanks to the chlorinated water, The water tower however, is a more likely option.

I wish they could install the the electric pilons/wires so they make an electric spark now and then to make it look like its only just been knocked down!

Well I am extremely sorry for not doing my duty as a theme park enthusiast as you have pointed out.Thorpe Park, thank you for fixing your sign.There.

*sighs*People for years have been moaning about ride reliability and the effects at Thorpe not working. Reliability is 100% better and effects that have long been off are finally fixed and no one notices or bothers to comment.

Being more of a Chessington fanboy, I myself didn't realise the Tidal Wave sign lit up. It looks like a great feature and I think its good Thorpe Park are starting to think more about little things like fixing signs, which help the overall upkeep of the park and keep guests happy. Keep it up! On a side note, how many boats does Tidal Wave actually have? Is it two or three?