Tidal Wave

Harry

Yeah that is what I thought :PI suppose because it goes over the top of your head there. :P

To be honest its rare you get a choice of seat on Tidal anyway, or I've never been given one. Front Seat is fantastic for the experience though for the bang of water, and strangely one of the driest. Would always be my preference.

To be honest its rare you get a choice of seat on Tidal anyway, or I've never been given one. Front Seat is fantastic for the experience though for the bang of water, and strangely one of the driest. Would always be my preference.

I was at the front seat once, I remember because my dad was with me and it cracked his ribs from the force. Good for me though haha. Don't worry my dad is fine.

• 1 month later...

It depends on your height at the front I always seen to shield people on this ride and come of as wet as a sponge :D but always get thanks for people I shield :)

Stuck at the top of this thing today, one of my freinds totaly freaked out felt really sorry for him :o . He just got the courage to go on a ride. Staff didnt help much either, I know they cant say whats wrong with ride but telling us the same thing over and over really wasnt helping him. Jake :lol:

When I went to thorpe park in the summer, tidal wave had a queue of over 3 hours, so it has not lost its popularity. I think that in the winter, if you get as soaked as you do in the summer, you wont dry off for the rest of the day :/ (this has happened to me many times)I have always wondered, is the splash that tidal wave makes natural? Or are there pipes at the bottom of the drop that are sensor activated which shoot water up when the boat goes over it? It just seems quite a big splash for a big boat. But then again, it could be the design of the boat that makes the splash. Any ideas?? haha

Edited by Sheepie
Merged your two posts.

Its quite funny how people panic badly if it gets stuck on the lift. I would be much more scared of getting stuck on Slammer. Even though getting stuck is not funny.

Very true what's the worst that can happen when you get stuck on tidal wave ;) just sit there for ages unless the ratchet brakes and roll back down the hill .

Tidal Wave has never had and never will have a 3 hour queue. With regards to shutdowns, guests dont need to know more than what the attendant tells them, they are usually very minor error messages, or common occurrences and 9,999,999 times out of 10,000,000 will never be due to guests safety being directly at risk.this was not edited for spelling

For some reason when I stand on the bridge I never get wet?

You have to stand in the right place and also hope theres a really big wave, ive noticed that a lot when I go, people either stand to far back, or there just isnt a big enough wave to get people on the bridge. Ive found that when ever I stand n the bridge, its usually just my feet the get wet, not really a nice feeling to have if the rest of you is dry (not goin on tidal, just runnin onto the bridge).

You have to stand in the right place and also hope theres a really big wave, ive noticed that a lot when I go, people either stand to far back, or there just isnt a big enough wave to get people on the bridge. Ive found that when ever I stand n the bridge, its usually just my feet the get wet, not really a nice feeling to have if the rest of you is dry (not goin on tidal, just runnin onto the bridge).

You need to get a fully loaded boat for best soaking IMO I got caught out walking across once ;)

Tidal Wave has never had and never will have a 3 hour queue. With regards to shutdowns, guests dont need to know more than what the attendant tells them, they are usually very minor error messages, or common occurrences and 9,999,999 times out of 10,000,000 will never be due to guests safety being directly at risk.this was not edited for spelling

:D That last line needs a capital letter and a fullstop love...Anyway, just thought I'd share my love for Tidal Wave :DI love the impact of the wave on the station and the way everyone's like "Aaah!" :D Plus it adds to the atmosphere and the theme! It was making some huuuge waves on Tuesday, probably helped by having full boats as others have said. I love the noise of it thundering down the drop then the giant, satisfying splash :DDoes anyone know why they sometimes have the water turned off on the drop? I've never really known :lol: I don't like it when they do this, it makes it look silly and takes away some of the excitement, not seeing the water flowing down the drop.

Does anyone know why they sometimes have the water turned off on the drop? I've never really known :lol: I don't like it when they do this, it makes it look silly and takes away some of the excitement, not seeing the water flowing down the drop.

I have always thought this... But I noticed a couple of weekends back that the water pump motor (which you can see in the queue in parallel with the near bottom of the drop) has had some parts of it stripped down, the connecting water pipe was disconnected when I saw it last and the little mini shed that it is in was also gone. I'm not sure but I think it had a "do not use or connect this device to power" sticker on it. I then got closer to the station and saw by the maintenance shed's for Stealth that there were some new looking pipes that look very similar to the ones that take the water from the bottom of the drop up to the top. So I suppose they are in the middle of adding some new parts. That's why I think it's been turned off recently, don't exactly take my word for it, but I'm sure the pipes were for Tidal. :D

As far as I know, the water that cascades down the drop is known as a "show pump", which is similar to most flume rides. It is just for show and has very little to no impact to how the ride operates.

Tidal Wave has never had and never will have a 3 hour queue.

In that case, I want those three hours back I queued during the Heatwave of Easter 2002.:lol: