Opening Times

Rich

Oo I like them. Intresting to see if Be Discovered will go ahead, if so it would have the closing time of 7pm, instead of 9/10 pm which it had had in the past, so doubts for that I'm thinking.It also looks like Fright Nights is starting on October 13th and Ending on November 2nd!

• 4 weeks later...

That is great news about Thorpe Blast.That was great last year.and wow,fright nights is going on longer this year!16th Febuary isn't half term for me,bit weird,but from what happened last year I'm quite pleased (:looks as though the park isnt opening too 10 as much this year :/

• 1 year later...

Well it was created in 2007. If you stopped going through pages of topics that are over 2 years old you'd perhaps find out why :)

Maybe because it is annoying having loads of pages on THORPE PARK and that a Mania Mod or Admin could delete them so it is less hassle looking through the THORPE PARK section! :POtherwise, they are just going to build up and up! :)

Maybe because it is annoying having loads of pages on THORPE PARK and that a Mania Mod or Admin could delete them so it is less hassle looking through the THORPE PARK section! :)Otherwise, they are just going to build up and up! :)

I know it shouldn't, but saying Thorpe Park like THORPE PARK really annoys me. I know it's not you, it's the new idea Thorpe Park's had this year, but it kind of sounds like it's being shouted at you rather angrilly!

Maybe because it is annoying having loads of pages on THORPE PARK and that a Mania Mod or Admin could delete them so it is less hassle looking through the THORPE PARK section! :DOtherwise, they are just going to build up and up! :P

Surely you mean archived, so people can still view them for future reference?

• 1 month later...

In what way is it a waste of time?

It's a waste of time for me, going to the park when I arrive and most of the rides are down, including many of which are supposed to be "available". It's not a waste of time for the park, they get the money rather than just having the park sitting there until March.

The way I look at it is...If you want to visit during Thrill Chill, then just take into consideration that rides will proabably be later opening if the temperature is not 5 C.I remember this was for Colossus and Nemesis Inferno.The 3 rides that were opened immediately on my visit was Detonator, Vortex and Storm in a Teacup.I personally would not reconmend visiting if the temperature is below 5 C as you will be waiting around for rides to open like I was!

It's a waste of time for me, going to the park when I arrive and most of the rides are down, including many of which are supposed to be "available". It's not a waste of time for the park, they get the money rather than just having the park sitting there until March.

You see that is the odd thing as my Thrill Chill trips have been my favourite trips of the year. I know the opening day was far from perfect, hence why I chose to visit a week later when the park was actually ready to go.I'm just hoping that if they have scrapped Thrill Chill that all rides will be ready to go come next years open day.

You see that is the odd thing as my Thrill Chill trips have been my favourite trips of the year. I know the opening day was far from perfect, hence why I chose to visit a week later when the park was actually ready to go.I'm just hoping that if they have scrapped Thrill Chill that all rides will be ready to go come next years open day.

Can you remember what it was like a week later on the Thrill Chill Mark? (Thought you would as you said it was one of your favourite trips).As I was one of the stupid ones that went on the opening day and was cursing Thorpe Park at the end of it! :)

Can you remember what it was like a week later on the Thrill Chill Mark? (Thought you would as you said it was one of your favourite trips).As I was one of the stupid ones that went on the opening day and was cursing Thorpe Park at the end of it! :)

Park was empty, all rides were running and they had even added Flying Fish to the ride line-up.

One of the things I think needs to be remembed it that around that time a HUGE amount fo time and effort was still going into making sure Saw:The ride was ready to roll once the main season began. I know its not a particularly satisfying excuse but I would think it was a factor in the first couple of weeks. Next season there are no new rides opening and so the all of the maintenance that needs to be done on the rides over the winter will get the engineers full attention, instead of having to get to grips with a brand new ride.

One of the things I think needs to be remembed it that around that time a HUGE amount fo time and effort was still going into making sure Saw:The ride was ready to roll once the main season began. I know its not a particularly satisfying excuse but I would think it was a factor in the first couple of weeks. Next season there are no new rides opening and so the all of the maintenance that needs to be done on the rides over the winter will get the engineers full attention, instead of having to get to grips with a brand new ride.

So its confirmed there are no new rides next year, although, during months like June, July and May, I think Thorpe needs to be open later, especially since people pay so much to get in and I know some people in May, June and July who only get five or six major rides done during the day without fastrack.

In my opinion sadly that is the way Thorpe will always be in the summer months. I'm not sure opening later would do the trick as just look at Fright Nights, that's consistently busy all day. Thorpe is just a busy place, with it's size, it's clientele and there not being anywhere or not even a ride to escape to.By there not being a ride to escape to, off the top of my head I can't think of a ride where you can go on just to enjoy, or just to sit down for a bit. E.g Safari Skyway, Skyride, Duel even, Bubbleworks, etc. Part of why I think Thorpe is in dire need of a fantastic, world class dark ride.

Although Thorpe Park is busy, I must say I have been pleasantly surprised on each of my visits so far this year, when the longest I have had to queue is 70 minutes (for SAW), when everything else has been under an hour. I remember last year in the Summer was very busy, queues were looking towards 2 hours for some attractions. Even if the park is going to be busy all day, I do very much like the idea of having longer opening hours. August times 9.30am - 8pm I think are great. I don't usually stay until 8pm, but I like the fact that the extra time is there if I need it.