The Future Of Neptunes Kingdom

Liam

• 2 months later...

I heard from a friend that works at Thorpe that they're planning to build a golf course (like Extraordinary Golf at alton Towers) on the site where Thorpe Farm used to be :- Made accesible by canada creek railway

If your friend believes that, he'll believe anything. All that time re-routing the railway? The engineers will go mad!

Neptune's Beach should be replaced by a family ride.... Perhaps ANOTHER runaway mine train, but this time themed to be the Black Mamba of family rides?!? Something like a thundermountain would be great, and provide an excellent area for those with young children to relax, while the thrill seekers of the group head over to lost city and the rest of the park.But I am all for a flyer going on a new island, perhaps, and going over water as well!

Any maybe they could call it MANTA! The Flying Ray! No one EVER thought of that idea! :mellow:

The idea isn't all that stupid, simply because only a the smallest portion of Manta's track actually travels over the water. Having a Flying Coaster built entirely over water (so yes, Thorpe may have to flood Neptune's Kingdom and the area occupied by Depth Charge (after they do the necessary)) would offer great chances of theming interaction. It doesn't have to be a Manta Ray, there's plenty of other sea-creatures, why not a mythical one? Mythical names are very popular atm.If Merlin can prove they can theme a ride better than Tussuads ever could (except Tidal Wave) when they open SAW, I wouldn't be fussed if the announce that they're building a Flying Coaster in the not-too-distant future.

Let's be honest with ourselves though, the only reason we're seeing all this money being spent on scenery for Saw is because there's a film company involved.I think a dark ride would do well in Neptune's Kingdom. Well, not in it's current form, maybe in the future it could become slightly edgier? More along the lines of the Lost Continent at IOA- except obviously not as extravagent.

• 2 years later...

BUMP

Neptune's Beach will be closed for the 2011 season on 31 August 2011.We are sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause, but we are constantly researching and looking to develop our product offering and this closure ensures that we are continuing to develop the Park's overall objective to establish its brand positioning within the very competitive industry, as the nation's Thrill Capital.

Found on the Full Ride Listing section of the Thorpe Park website. The end?

Interesting find and that wouldn't suprise me if I'm honest the park are aimed at thrill seekers so I can see why they feel such a large young familuy attraction may not be worthy of the space it occupies, that is if they are planning on removing it, I would hope that they are just looking to improve it as I feel it is a missed oppurtunity.

Swear (like Kevin) that it always shuts after summer...Tbh though, it needs to go as it really doesn't suit the park anymore... But really, I wouldn't like it to be replaced by a ride, but some form of general entrance type thing... Allowing a nice area to sit or sommat...Maybe get a fountain... Fountains would be good...

Swear (like Kevin) that it always shuts after summer...Tbh though, it needs to go as it really doesn't suit the park anymore... But really, I wouldn't like it to be replaced by a ride, but some form of general entrance type thing... Allowing a nice area to sit or sommat...Maybe get a fountain... Fountains would be good...

I also remember it shutting after summer. It's just the language used in my view suggestion some sort of change. Anything but concrete would be good.

Seems like the end is truly coming for the beach. In honesty, I can't remember seeing the smaller side open for anything but the Curse. As others have said, it usually closes just after August anyways so it's not that different in any way. Though, when it is open, it's still quite busy and popular...I hope it goes, gives more space to the area, especially for The Swarm. Extend the grassy area behind it slightly more, add a few benches and a little fountain or feature and there you go. Though, I think I remember the larger side being a location for a flat ride...

I would like something diffetrent but I do remember plans for a flat ride adjacent to fish on the MTDP that I always thought looked as though it was in the beach area however I didn't expect them to act so soon if it is. Could we be seeing a new flat aswell as the coaster next year?

I stand by what I said a long time ago, Neptunes Beach creates a very odd feeling to entering the park, by chucking a flat ride at the entrance you immediately feel swamped by rides and not going on any kind of journey into the park.I'd personally hate to be greeted by a ride immediately. Lost City works because its slightly to the side of the Dome but by having ou come out those doors and a giant flat ride greets you. euch, hate the idea of it. I really wouldn't be surprised if we lost Neptunes Beach though, I'm surprised its lasted this long at all frankly.