Feedback of the Forums

NickD

38 minutes ago, MarkC said:

Marc needs to make some money somehow this year. Luckily he will be saving them next as Reading tickets will be cheaper in league 1.

The amount we make wouldn’t allow me to even go see a team like Brentford.. let alone reading!

Fixed placement of the ad in the topic view - thanks!

• 1 month later...

Just my general opinion and I don't mean to be fussy...but am I the only one who misses the original chatroom? :(

Chatbox is great where it is though (or "Shoutbox" depending on how long you've been here), it just doesn't get a lot of conversation for obvious reasons - unlike the chatroom, there just isn't that sense of privacy.

Not my area and I might be speaking out of turn, but I think chatroom fell out of use as groups of users made concerted effort to move chat away from the chatroom and forum onto other platforms. Why they did this I do not know, but it did the forums, and old chat room, no good at all. Whole thing became a bit clique.

I'd be happy for it to return, would it get used though? I don't know if it's even a possibility with the host/software currently being used.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
19 hours ago, Ivsetti said:

Well if our home park wasn't an overpriced money-grabbing run-down neglected "island" with delusions of grandeur we wouldn't moan would we?

(I'll admit though, when the sun is shining, the park is okishly full and none of the rides are broken down it's honestly a good day out and it'll be even better when we see the repaints and jet washesof the older coasters and other aesthetic improvements the park have made this year. I'm also one of the minority it seems that can't wait to try out the GameFX and Bouncezilla)

The issue is, especially online, is people focus too much on the negatives. This can give a perception that people are just too negative, and it turns places like this into a negativity pit. It can be very frustrating when you see a disconnect - people constantly moaning, yet also constantly visiting and effectively handing over money to the parks. 

It's all about striking a balance - of course, people shouldn't just throw in meaningless positives ("Thorpe opened all their rides today - yay"). But equally, it's always keeping in mind how you can come across if you're constantly negative...especially without reason.

On 3/11/2019 at 10:07 AM, Glitch said:

So much negativity on these forums nowadays it's just getting stale boring and old.

We need the chat room back!!!! So much banter in that place ? 

Plus it was somewhere for members to get to know each other outside of just posting and before attending their first meet ?

On 3/11/2019 at 12:33 PM, Coaster said:

Stop moaning.

This coming from the biggest moaner on the site. ;)

8 hours ago, Mer said:

We need the chat room back!!!! So much banter in that place ? 

Plus it was somewhere for members to get to know each other outside of just posting and before attending their first meet ?

YES! Still missing the days of getting to know a certain few between 2013 and 2016, it's probably the best memory I have of my time on here really. Shame this lot don't even use the forum anymore. :(

A quick look above answers the solution of the missing chat room...

On 3/15/2018 at 4:47 PM, Marc said:

Invision - the suppliers of the forum software dropped the support for their chat application a while back now, which was the main reason behind its removal.

If the demands there we can certainly look into alternatives. :)

I don't know if things have changed Invision's side, but we could potentially look into recreating a Discord or Slack group at some point down the line if appropriate...

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

I don't know if things have changed Invision's side, but we could potentially look into recreating a Discord or Slack group at some point down the line if appropriate...

I do actually recall someone from the forum creating a Slack server back in 2015 (I can't remember the name) but it bloody worked as a chatroom alternative!

• 4 months later...

Does this forum have a files section?

I am  part of a FB group and if anyone asks a question they just say "HAVE YOU CHECKED THE FILES" personally I haven't read the files as who the hell wants to do that?!

But I just think it would be fun to comment "HAVE YOU CHECKED THE FILES" at unsuspecting new forum members especially now with a membership 2,911 and growing by average of 1 member per week I feel as if this would be important. 

• 1 year later...

Just thought I would feedback when I press 'Page 15 of 15' to navigate to a certain page the box is hidden so I can't enter what page to navigate to. Screenshot below

Don't know if this is only happening to me or affecting everyone? 

Capture.png