Duel! - Thread Renamed to Please Steve Vig

treeis

Same ride system but updated makes more sense in the short refurb time frame. Probably biggest change car wise would be to go back to 6 per car which was only changed to for the onboard computers for Duel anyway.

Didn't liken the character to M3GAN at all. Said that creepy dolls are a popular horror trope, hence the use here. Creepy children are also a dime a dozen here, so putting one in victorian era dresses isn't exactly breaking the realms of creativity too hard.

Are they alike by design or just because they are the same? Until otherwise its purely conjecture.

With this recent poster reveal it does (unfortunately) point towards Emily Alton being a prominent character within the story of this new attraction. I say unfortunately as I personally couldn't really care less about a heavily story driven ride. I just want scary, spooky set pieces. On one hand I completely understand why they would bring back a character they own the rights to. I mean look at the final day of the Bubbleworks when they had Professor Burp knocking about despite the fact he hadn't been around for a decade.

Just for fun. Here is footage of the girl who'd play Emily Alton in the dollshouse rehearsing the the scene that we'd all come to know and love. Would be interesting to see what similarities people see with her and the girl on the poster.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1177934444543

On 1/25/2023 at 6:24 PM, Theme Park Fanatic said:

@Benin Rocky Express is reopening at a Theme Park it’s called Ride Heaven.

My cat went to cat heaven I.e. it died, much like Rocky Express.

I restate, it is completely possible that the Emily Alton rumour is true. However, you aren't psychic or in the know because you saw and believed rumours which turned out to be true. We can all do that.

I read the following on a Facebook Group I belong too “I can confirm cars are back on site, and also can co firm that set pieces from duel will be staying”. The same person confirmed the same ride system and carriages will remain. According to my source the Cars have had a lick of paint and the guns and scoreboards removed. Finally my source said the Spider Scene has been kept. @Trooper Looper I know how passionate you are about The original Haunted House/Duel so I thought I’d share this information. I’m relieved the ride system,arguably the best in the world, will be part of Alton Manor. It’s brilliant that Emily Alton has let the spiders reside in her Dollshouse. The Spiders are amazing. Despite this I bet people with arachnophobia won’t be so pleased. 

Let’s hope Alton Manor enables the ride system to survive another 30 years. @Trooper Looper do you look forward to seeing the carriages minus the guns and scoreboards?

16 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

I read the following on a Facebook Group I belong too “I can confirm cars are back on site, and also can co firm that set pieces from duel will be staying”. The same person confirmed the same ride system and carriages will remain. According to my source the Cars have had a lick of paint and the guns and scoreboards removed. Finally my source said the Spider Scene has been kept. @Trooper Looper I know how passionate you are about The original Haunted House/Duel so I thought I’d share this information. I’m relieved the ride system,arguably the best in the world, will be part of Alton Manor. It’s brilliant that Emily Alton has let the spiders reside in her Dollshouse. The Spiders are amazing. Despite this I bet people with arachnophobia won’t be so pleased. 

Let’s hope Alton Manor enables the ride system to survive another 30 years. @Trooper Looper do you look forward to seeing the carriages minus the guns and scoreboards?

That's great news!!! Always liked the not too over the top theming on the pews/cars had with the wood-carved goat face. Glad they didn't retirements them, why would they anyway when it'd going to still be a haunted House theme? Thank you for sharing the news!

@Trooper Looper I also got this reply “Can certainly say the spiders scene will be staying,but I’m not allowed to say anything else regarding the ride. The vehicles have been sent away for 2 reasons 1)to have the guns fully removed 2) a refurb with a paint up and a slightly different design,but again that’s all I can say unfortunately.

@Trooper Looper does it give you comfort that a percentage of the original Haunted House/Duel will live on in Alton Manor?

As Alton Towers have named the refurbished Duel Alton Manor,does anyone think certain scenes could be like Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris. I don’t mean exactly like Phantom Manor but similar in the same way Pirate Adventure at Drayton Manor was like Pirates Of The Caribbean. Personally Judging by the marketing and teasers I suspect Alton Manor will be better than Phantom Manor. I don’t know about anyone else but the concept art has 100% convinced me that Emily Alton and Snowy will be the main characters. I suspected this when the refurbishment was announced last year. The recent concept art has 100% cemented my dream. I’ve always wanted Emily Alton and Snowy to feature more. They’re the most underrated characters in a Theme Park Worldwide.